Summer Ball 2023

Appreciate it. Thank you.
People make it to summer ball at different times. Garcia did pitch some of this season, but with limited roster spots, he was ready to come to Forest City. Two years ago, Kirby was given a hall pass to stay in Omaha as long as possible 😉

As regionals conclude and teams wrap up, we will have more players coming to Forest City, as well as colleges sending guys to teams throughout the nation. We’ll have an infielder from Campbell coming soon and we have a spot for a Charlotte player, for example.

Here’s a good shot of Garcia pitching. There’s a giveaway where he goes to school.

IMG_9295.jpeg

People make it to summer ball at different times. Garcia did pitch some of this season, but with limited roster spots, he was ready to come to Forest City. Two years ago, Kirby was given a hall pass to stay in Omaha as long as possible 😉

As regionals conclude and teams wrap up, we will have more players coming to Forest City, as well as colleges sending guys to teams throughout the nation. We’ll have an infielder from Campbell coming soon and we have a spot for a Charlotte player, for example.

Here’s a good shot of Garcia pitching. There’s a giveaway where he goes to school.

View attachment 555182
Keep us posted on his progress….

Some Owls who play at Charlotte helped send Clemson to their demise. Home run by Will Butcher, winning pitcher Paxton Thompson, right fielder Cam Fisher.

Clemson’s tying run in the ninth against UT was made by a former Owl 😬

We had host families attend the Clemson regional which is a tribute to the quality of the people the players are. I know Butcher’s host family was there as well as Kirby and Ryan Miller’s host family (it was easy to pick out those people on tv). May have been others.

He has not been on roster all year I don’t think. He was on website roster but not on active roster. Guys who had already been grayshirted or redshirted go on to summer ball
Garcia pitched a few innings earlier in the season. Not much and it was at LNS with expanded roster vs travel roster.

Saw where UT Redshirt OF Colby Backus playing Summer ball for Johnson City Doughboys.

The Johnson City infield will consist of Danny Infante (Cloud County Community College), Cody Miller (East Tennessee State), Andrew Neil (Folsom Lake Junior College), Jack Pokorak (High Point), Braden Spano (Milligan), Logan Sutter (Folsom Lake Junior College) and Jonathan Xuereb (Appalachian State).

In the outfield will be Colby Backus (Tennessee), Cameron King (Bethune-Cookman), Caleb Marmo (Walters State Community College), Leandro Perez (Bethune-Cookman) and Christian Toledo (Allegany College of Maryland).

Pitchers for Johnson City are Cal Barma (Folsom Lake Junior College), Jacob Crews (Rice), Aydan Decker-Petty (Indiana), John Dhima (Allegany College of Maryland), Cole Fehrman (West Virginia), Connor Foley (Indiana), Justin Guiliano (Canisius), Trevor Hanselman (East Tennessee State), Nathan Hickman (East Tennessee State), Nick Matson (West Virginia), Tanner Perry (Southern Illinois-Carbondale), Joel Pineiro (Florida International), Matt Schepel (Western Carolina), Jackson Steensma (Appalachian State), Evan Whiteaker (Indiana) and Jeremy Wiegman (Campbell).

Catchers for the Doughboys feature Caleb Berry (Milligan), Kyle Harbison (Western Carolina) and RJ Ibanez.

I was holding off mentioning this until things calm down some on Volnation, but it’s not going to happen anytime soon, so I would like let everyone know that thanks again to the generosity of Mr. and Mrs. @txbo , many deserving people in Forest City and Rutherford County, North Carolina will get to enjoy Forest City Owls baseball games all season long as well as enjoying a meal at the games.

Thanks to the Txbos’ anonymous kindness, four social service agencies are having people they help have a night out at the ballpark every single Owls home game. These are people the Txbos will never meet. Yep, I’m a little teary eyed as I type this out.

So yes, he definitely can be crusty about small ball, but TXBO and the Mrs. are caring people.

IMG_9225.jpeg

I was holding off mentioning this until things calm down some on Volnation, but it’s not going to happen anytime soon, so I would like let everyone know that thanks again to the generosity of Mr. and Mrs. @txbo , many deserving people in Forest City and Rutherford County, North Carolina will get to enjoy Forest City Owls baseball games all season long as well as enjoying a meal at the games.

Thanks to the Txbos’ anonymous kindness, four social service agencies are having people they help have a night out at the ballpark every single Owls home game. These are people the Txbos will never meet. Yep, I’m a little teary eyed as I type this out.

So yes, he definitely can be crusty about small ball, but TXBO and the Mrs. are caring people.

View attachment 555568
Well done @txbo and sincerely respect the anonymity of the donation. 😀👍😃👊👊👍👍🍊.

View attachment 555568
Awesome txbo!!!!!

View attachment 555568
Standing ovation for a grand slam hit by @txbo 👏

Also, if you’re near Forest City or any of the summer leagues….go to the games!

They’re laid back, fun, and affordable! You’ll never have a bad time. Reminds me of going to Bill Meyer when I was a kid. A much simpler experience, and I mean that in the most positive way.

View attachment 555568

Shouldn't have done that RBF. Some body here is going to mistake me for a decent human being. LOL.
We've been blessed. Happy to share a bit of it. Never know when a night at the park is going to change a life.

View attachment 555568
Outstanding !!!

Shouldn't have done that RBF. Some body here is going to mistake me for a decent human being. LOL.
We've been blessed. Happy to share a bit of it. Never know when a night at the park is going to change a life.
It’s hard to give anonymous recognition in Forest City, so I’m giving you some anonymous recognition here amongst a group of people who “know“ you, know you love baseball, and know that you two are good people (except when it comes to checkerboard jerseys and small ball).

It’s hard to give anonymous recognition in Forest City, so I’m giving you some anonymous recognition here amongst a group of people who “know“ you, know you love baseball, and know that you two are good people (except when it comes to checkerboard jerseys and small ball).
I've become more accepting of the checkerboard jersey. Makes Preacherman easy to locate at the games. Gives me a good laugh when I see it on tv. It's part of his branding now..... but I'd rather be caught riding a moped than wearing that jersey.

The gospel of Tennessee baseball has been spread in Forest City- here’s a photo from our kid’s camp on our Instagram account- look at the kid on the left. There’s also another photo with a girl wearing an orange cap, but she’s too far away to be certain it’s a UT cap.

IMG_9315.jpeg

It’s a little complicated to explain on a message board, so here’s an abbreviated version. Our coaches, my business partner, and I are all involved. Most of the final decision making is done by our coaches – that’s what they’re paid do. We all have relationships with colleges and college coaches.

We will also make cold calls/emails to schools, and we definitely get cold calls/emails from coaches and even players. Over the years, I have received numerous emails from college coaches and players looking for a roster spot. Players almost always send video and stats with their emails. There are some D1 programs that I consider significant or borderline significant programs that let the players figure it out summer ball on their own for some reason, and I think that’s a disservice to their team.

We will consider players from D1, D2, an occasional D3, juco and NAIA.

VN Store

Back