Summer ball 2024

There's not enough of the good wood to supply all of college baseball.

Even the lower levels of the minors even the lower levels of the minors have inferior bats because of it.
I didn’t think about how many college teams you’d have to outfit. According to Wikipedia, there were 300 D1teams competing in 2024. Obviously that does not include D2, D3, and NAIA.

I didn’t think about how many college teams you’d have to outfit. According to Wikipedia, there were 300 D1teams competing in 2024. Obviously that does not include D2, D3, and NAIA.
Yep, it currently just couldn't be done.

If they were to somehow pull it off, the quality of the bats would be pretty poor.

We drove up to Greeneville last night to watch the Flyboys play the Kingsport Axmen. We missed DLoy pitching on Friday night (couldn’t get up there early enough) but saw Hunter Sloop pitch last night. Greeneville’s closer was a freaky sidearm guy who gets lower to the ground than 2023 Aaron Combs in his delivery.

We also got to see Rintaro Sasaki, Japan’s top-ranked HS player who is headed to Stanford. Kid holds the record in Japan with 140 HRs. Greeneville put him in as a pinch hitter and he smashed the first pitch he saw over the RF wall. 😳

Greeneville came back from a 7-0 deficit, won the game by 8, and clinched the Appy League west division regular season championship. The game was not without drama, as we saw two Kingsport coaches ejected for a little bit of contact (not quite a CTV chest bump, but close) with the home plate ump after a couple of questionable calls.

Overall a great night, and Greeneville’s not a crazy far drive to get a baseball fix.

Attachments

• IMG_4091.jpeg
    IMG_4091.jpeg
    216 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_4110.jpeg
    IMG_4110.jpeg
    216.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_4127.jpeg
    IMG_4127.jpeg
    166.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_4133.jpeg
    IMG_4133.jpeg
    162.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_4160.jpeg
    IMG_4160.jpeg
    135.7 KB · Views: 12
We drove up to Greeneville last night to watch the Flyboys play the Kingsport Axmen. We missed DLoy pitching on Friday night (couldn’t get up there early enough) but saw Hunter Sloop pitch last night. Greeneville’s closer was a freaky sidearm guy who gets lower to the ground than 2023 Aaron Combs in his delivery.

We also got to see Rintaro Sasaki, Japan’s top-ranked HS player who is headed to Stanford. Kid holds the record in Japan with 140 HRs. Greeneville put him in as a pinch hitter and he smashed the first pitch he saw over the RF wall. 😳

Greeneville came back from a 7-0 deficit, won the game by 8, and clinched the Appy League west division regular season championship. The game was not without drama, as we saw two Kingsport coaches ejected for a little bit of contact (not quite a CTV chest bump, but close) with the home plate ump after a couple of questionable calls.

Overall a great night, and Greeneville’s not a crazy far drive to get a baseball fix.

Maybe it's just me, but it just doesn't feel the same without the MLB names attached. I miss the Kingsport Mets and Johnson City Cardinals.

VN Store

Back