Super Bowl LV Thread, 6:30 PM ET (2/7/21), CBS

When was the last time people collectively enjoyed a halftime show, really?

Hating on the halftime show is about as American and Super Bowl as the commercials.
The last interesting one was the Janet Jackson nipple halftime show of the Patriots-Panthers Super Bowl February 2004.

Last edited:
Reactions: PA Vol and vols 30
The amount of 40 something and 50 something year old white guys in this thread is really showing

I am that and I love me some jayz and this guys music isn't bad but this performance was horrible.

Jay z with Lincoln park if Chester was still alive would be amazing.

When was the last time people collectively enjoyed a halftime show, really?

Hating on the halftime show is about as American and Super Bowl as the commercials.
I remember Prince had a good performance, Tom Petty was good as well. Honestly, most of the rock bands have at least been decent. Can't think of many others that I liked. Most of the new popular music that is selected for the halftime show is horrible. Of course I'm a metalhead so I won't be seeing my favorite music played.

Reactions: Border Vol
Prince, Michael Jackson, RHCP, Mars, the Who just off the top of my head.

Hell even Black Eyed Peas was decent.

This is baaaadddddd.

I thought people panned The Who performance? I do remember the Prince one, now that you mentioned it. That was good.

I thought people panned The Who performance? I do remember the Prince one, now that you mentioned it. That was good.

The Who one was beyond awful and the Black Eyed Peas was also bad.

Prince is the GOAT and my favorite 80’s artist by far and his show was also awesome.

VN Store

Back