SUPER BOWL LVIII: 49ers 22 Chiefs 25 (FINAL)

I'm gonna zag on the Campbell thing. Lions D was pathetic in the 2nd half and couldn't stop a nose bleed. Being aggressive was very possibly the right decision, it just didn't work. I think they still lose if they kick the FG. You dance with the one who brung ya. Why change who you are on conference championship weekend?

Reactions: DirtyDawg and MAD
I'm gonna zag on the Campbell thing. Lions D was pathetic in the 2nd half and couldn't stop a nose bleed. Being aggressive was very possibly the right decision, it just didn't work. I think they still lose if they kick the FG. You dance with the one who brung ya. Why change who you are on conference championship weekend?

The run call on 3rd and Goal was just awful. Once you had to burn that timeout, the game was over...

I disagree but at least understand logic on the FGs.

With Jared Goff losing today, the last 18 QBs who lost their Super Bowl debut has yet to make it back.

Don’t let people say “you’ll make it back there / get another chance”…odds are very high that you won’t.
Dan Marino approves of this message..

I really don't understand the Chiefs hate. Because of Taylor Swift? Because instead of showing other fans during a cutaway, or a pointless sideline report, or any of the other **** that doesn't matter at all to my viewing experience, they show her and we're foaming about it? Who cares? It's not like they're playing Anti-Hero on repeat all game. What's annoying about it? I'd rather look at her than a regular-sized female football fan. It's fun that my 5-year-old daughter cares about who's on the TV. I find Mahomes' wife very annoying, but I feel nothing when they show her next to TS. Why would you? People making a big deal about it are the annoying ones.

The Chiefs are fun. Mahomes is fun. That's all that matters. The football happening on the field is 99% of the product to me.

Weirdly, I hate Chiefs vs 49ers because the aesthetic of the two uniforms combined is so ugly. Thought that last time they played.

I really don't understand the Chiefs hate. Because of Taylor Swift? Because instead of showing other fans during a cutaway, or a pointless sideline report, or any of the other **** that doesn't matter at all to my viewing experience, they show her and we're foaming about it? Who cares? It's not like they're playing Anti-Hero on repeat all game. What's annoying about it? I'd rather look at her than a regular-sized female football fan. It's fun that my 5-year-old daughter cares about who's on the TV.

The Chiefs are fun. Mahomes is fun. That's all that matters. The football happening on the field is 99% of the product to me.

Weirdly, I hate Chiefs vs 49ers because the aesthetic of the two uniforms combined is so ugly. Thought that last time they played.
Dude I hated the Patty cake Chiefs long before Swift came along. If that's your team congrats.
Andy Reid is a great coach, I still don't like the team

Dude I hated the Patty cake Chiefs long before Swift came along. If that's your team congrats.
Andy Reid is a great coach, I still don't like the team

I'm a fan of their most bitter rival, actually. I just like good football, I suppose.

If your problem isn't Swift, then I wasn't talking about you ; )

Reactions: knoxvol52
I really don't understand the Chiefs hate. Because of Taylor Swift? Because instead of showing other fans during a cutaway, or a pointless sideline report, or any of the other **** that doesn't matter at all to my viewing experience, they show her and we're foaming about it? Who cares? It's not like they're playing Anti-Hero on repeat all game. What's annoying about it? I'd rather look at her than a regular-sized female football fan. It's fun that my 5-year-old daughter cares about who's on the TV. I find Mahomes' wife very annoying, but I feel nothing when they show her next to TS. Why would you? People making a big deal about it are the annoying ones.

I think people hate them because they're good and people are tired of them, like how i and many people hated the Patriots and Brady.

I feel the same way you do about Taylor Swift. Who cares? I actually like when they show her because it annoys people. Aside from that i couldn't care less.

I think people hate them because they're good and people are tired of them, like how i and many people hated the Patriots and Brady.

I feel the same way you do about Taylor Swift. Who cares? I actually like when they show her because it annoys people. Aside from that i couldn't care less.

Yeah, I get it if people are over them winning. I was sick of the Pats but that was a 20-year run + the Brady vs. Manning thing, and they were usually a "death by a thousand cuts" offense, which isn't very fun

Reactions: Notorious B.E.N
If Taylor was not dating Kelce then I would have no rooting interest. Taylor has had me tune into the Chiefs and guess what, they are fun to watch.

I was rooting for the Pats and Chiefs the first year they won their Super Bowls. It was about them both finally making it. Everyone Likes a good underdog story. I’m pretty sure dynasties are only enjoyed if it’s your team winning year after year. Must be human nature. One exception might be Michael Jordan and the Bulls, as a Pistons fan, I couldn’t stand them since they were the ones who ended the Bad Boys run. But when Jordan returned for his second stint and won the last 3 WC, I was a fan of that team.

Those people you are speaking of probably have a beef with TS and it has nothing to do with the Chiefs.

Reactions: knoxvol52

From what I understand people began hating the Chiefs if it’s the media that wants to keep talking about Kelce and Swift like the future of mankind depends them being together.

This might be the first Super Bowl where I’m not leaning one way or another as far as rooting interests go. That might change with the different storylines.
Who are y’all rooting for, Chiefs or 49ers?

This won't make sense to you - hell, it doesn't make complete sense to me, because I'm not big on letting something else ruin something that I enjoy.

But...the people it makes the most mad are people who don't like another area of pop culture "infringing" on an area of pop culture they like. There was very little overlap, before they started dating, between Swifties and NFL fans. The NFL actively embracing their courtship, even though it makes all the sense in the world from a business perspective, drives them even crazier.

Also, bonus points if you have strongly held conservative political beliefs. Swift is by no means a political bomb thrower, but she waded into the political waters in 2018 on the Democratic side so if you don't like her getting in the way of the game, plus you're very conservative and she has politics you disagree with, then you can see where this is going. I've already had one family member say that her dating Travis Kelce and the Chiefs making it to the SB is a "liberal psyop."

VN Store

Back