SUPER BOWL LVIII: 49ers 22 Chiefs 25 (FINAL)

I really don't understand the Chiefs hate. Because of Taylor Swift? Because instead of showing other fans during a cutaway, or a pointless sideline report, or any of the other **** that doesn't matter at all to my viewing experience, they show her and we're foaming about it? Who cares? It's not like they're playing Anti-Hero on repeat all game. What's annoying about it? I'd rather look at her than a regular-sized female football fan. It's fun that my 5-year-old daughter cares about who's on the TV. I find Mahomes' wife very annoying, but I feel nothing when they show her next to TS. Why would you? People making a big deal about it are the annoying ones.

The Chiefs are fun. Mahomes is fun. That's all that matters. The football happening on the field is 99% of the product to me.

Weirdly, I hate Chiefs vs 49ers because the aesthetic of the two uniforms combined is so ugly. Thought that last time they played.

People hate dynasties.

Oh f---, MAD! You must have lost an avi bet. But that is "cruel and unusual" punishment. Maybe you can appeal to the High Court. 😂 In the meantime, add Vols to your "tagline," at the least. 😂IMG_9473.gif

Reactions: MAD
Yep. Mahomes was America's Sweetheart there for a second when he was the young kid trying to beat Brady.
He's the Jeff Gordon of NFL.. You're in awe of how good he is, yet ya just want to puke.
I can tell you one thing. If you let KC hang around in a game they will beat your azz.

Reactions: Plecoptera
This won't make sense to you - hell, it doesn't make complete sense to me, because I'm not big on letting something else ruin something that I enjoy.

But...the people it makes the most mad are people who don't like another area of pop culture "infringing" on an area of pop culture they like. There was very little overlap, before they started dating, between Swifties and NFL fans. The NFL actively embracing their courtship, even though it makes all the sense in the world from a business perspective, drives them even crazier.

Also, bonus points if you have strongly held conservative political beliefs. Swift is by no means a political bomb thrower, but she waded into the political waters in 2018 on the Democratic side so if you don't like her getting in the way of the game, plus you're very conservative and she has politics you disagree with, then you can see where this is going. I've already had one family member say that her dating Travis Kelce and the Chiefs making it to the SB is a "liberal psyop."

It makes a ton of sense because I'm very aware that so many people are fkn lame. There is a wide swath of people who like to hate on people with success. They look for any reason not to like them. They love to see their downfall. Wading into political waters 6 years ago for a split second is as good of a reason as any to hate someone, right? Entertainment celebrities are the easiest targets for this disdain because they seem like they have it so good.

Reactions: 05_never_again
It makes a ton of sense because I'm very aware that so many people are fkn lame. There is a wide swath of people who like to hate on people with success. They look for any reason not to like them. They love to see their downfall. Wading into political waters 6 years ago for a split second is as good of a reason as any to hate someone, right? Entertainment celebrities are the easiest targets for this disdain because they seem like they have it so good.
Society loves to build people up, loves to tear them down, then loves the comeback story. A tale as old as time.

@zjcvols, just want to say I feel bad for you, too. I know I might have been your biggest antagonist on Michigan and Harbaugh 😂; but I have nothing against your Lions! Great year. Seem like a great bunch of guys. And it was fun to see our small die-hard group of Lions fans live it up, imo. Congrats on turning things around. And best wishes for a speedy recovery.

What is the first Super Bowl you remember?
Probably Redskins-Broncos. I can remember watching the Redskins beat someone badly which would have been Denver. Also remember the 49ers winning big (again against Denver). I best remember the Giants-Bills game during this time period. Wide right!!

Reactions: knoxvol52 and MAD
I just finished looking up a list of past Super Bowls. The mid 80’s-mid 90’s had a lot of games with a fairly wide margin of victory. I remembered watching a lot of blowouts earlier in my life. The Bills-Giants Super Bowl really stands out.

Reactions: MAD and knoxvol52
I just finished looking up a list of past Super Bowls. The mid 80’s-mid 90’s had a lot of games with a fairly wide margin of victory. I remembered watching a lot of blowouts earlier in my life. The Bills-Giants Super Bowl really stands out.
The Bengals vs 49ers game was great.

Was pulling for Esiason to get his Super Bowl win.

Damn you Joe Montana 🤨🤬

Reactions: Plecoptera and MAD

VN Store

Back