SUPER BOWL LVIII: 49ers 22 Chiefs 25 (FINAL)

**** that Super Bowl. 2 nutty fkn plays to end each half. There is no God.

The Harrison play is one of the most improbable things I’ve ever seen, including Antrel Rolle standing too close to the sideline and Fitz running into Rolle. If Rolle wasn’t a moron, Fitz makes the tackle and who knows what happens.

Reactions: Plecoptera
Boggles my mind Rolle didn’t get more flack for this

IMG_4144.jpeg

Any predictions?

I’m thinking it’s gonna be a lopsided Chiefs win.
My reasoning, this is Mahomes fourth Super Bowl and he is only 28 years old, no pressure, all business.
On the other hand the stage might be too big for Mr. Irrelevant.

Chiefs 41
49ers 14

Reactions: knoxvol52
This won't make sense to you - hell, it doesn't make complete sense to me, because I'm not big on letting something else ruin something that I enjoy.

But...the people it makes the most mad are people who don't like another area of pop culture "infringing" on an area of pop culture they like. There was very little overlap, before they started dating, between Swifties and NFL fans. The NFL actively embracing their courtship, even though it makes all the sense in the world from a business perspective, drives them even crazier.

Also, bonus points if you have strongly held conservative political beliefs. Swift is by no means a political bomb thrower, but she waded into the political waters in 2018 on the Democratic side so if you don't like her getting in the way of the game, plus you're very conservative and she has politics you disagree with, then you can see where this is going. I've already had one family member say that her dating Travis Kelce and the Chiefs making it to the SB is a "liberal psyop."
It's a really strange angle, for me, to hate on celebrities or sports figures or non-political professionals because of their politics.

There's PLENTY of extremely lousy professional politicians to hate on who almost certainly have much more thought out (if often awful to me) opinions AND might actually get them into official policy.

No matter what the My Pillow guy or Kid Rock or Taylor Swift or the NFL or that kind of person thinks or says about politics, they're pretty useless in that area.

I'm much more a fan of hating on those in positions of ACTUAL political power who are ACTUALLY trying to do awful political things.

If I knew her music, I might hate on Taylor Swift for that. I've used a MyPillow and it was overpriced. Kid Rock is a sideshow act and it works for him. The NFL plays the highest quality football I can watch.

I'll not listen to any of the above about politics nor do I care if they agree with me or not. They've every right to their opinion but I don't care what it is and it's not worth my time.

It's a really strange angle, for me, to hate on celebrities or sports figures or non-political professionals because of their politics.

There's PLENTY of extremely lousy professional politicians to hate on who almost certainly have much more thought out (if often awful to me) opinions AND might actually get them into official policy.

No matter what the My Pillow guy or Kid Rock or Taylor Swift or the NFL or that kind of person thinks or says about politics, they're pretty useless in that area.

I'm much more a fan of hating on those in positions of ACTUAL political power who are ACTUALLY trying to do awful political things.

If I knew her music, I might hate on Taylor Swift for that. I've used a MyPillow and it was overpriced. Kid Rock is a sideshow act and it works for him. The NFL plays the highest quality football I can watch.

I'll not listen to any of the above about politics nor do I care if they agree with me or not. They've every right to their opinion but I don't care what it is and it's not worth my time.
Much of the hating on non-political people (and even political people) for their politics is virtue signaling.

There is also much less of a tolerance than there used to be for political disagreements. The personal and political used to be separated (i.e., I really disagree with you politically about XYZ, but I think you're a good person and we can be friends). Today, people are much more likely to think "because you think X about Y, that makes you a bad person, and I can't associate with you." We also tend to believe the least charitable interpretation of a person's statements or behavior, and assume that they have the worst of intentions.

Reactions: SayUWantAreVOLution
Much of the hating on non-political people (and even political people) for their politics is virtue signaling.

There is also much less of a tolerance than there used to be for political disagreements. The personal and political used to be separated (i.e., I really disagree with you politically about XYZ, but I think you're a good person and we can be friends). Today, people are much more likely to think "because you think X about Y, that makes you a bad person, and I can't associate with you." We also tend to believe the least charitable interpretation of a person's statements or behavior, and assume that they have the worst of intentions.
I grew up in an era of spirited discussions in the den or on the porch between men who'd served in WWII. They didn't see everything the same way at all but everyone had their say.

I know a lot of it is that the rhetoric now is ridiculous and overblown. "If Trump wins, it will be the last election this country ever has." I've actually heard that at a neighborhood gathering. "We are right on the edge now. If Biden wins again, we may have to take the country back by force." I just hold my tongue. Some people don't have much faith in America or God, it seems.

But to keep this on topic, I could care less about Kelce's GF or whether she shows up at the game. I'd rather see it all in fun like the old Gilligan debate: Ginger or Mary Ann....... Brittany Mahomes or Taylor Swift. (BTW, it's Mary Ann.)

It's football. I'll be happy to have one last game. I've not checked the odds but I think this one might be closer than some.

Social media is the catalyst for the lack of tolerance

Reactions: knoxvol52
Mason Rudolph Oklahoma State
Jordan Love Utah State
Patrick MaHomes Texas Tech
Brock Purdy Iowa State
Lamar Jackson Louisville
Tua Alabama
Jared Goff California
C.J. Stroud Ohio State
Joe Flacco Delaware
Baker Mayfield Oklahoma
Josh Allen Wyoming
Dak Prescott Mississippi State..
Matthew Stafford Georgia

Cyclone fans will be dancing in the streets on Sunday.

Super Bowl Weekend Programming

CBS

Super Bowl LVIII Countdown ShowSaturday, Feb. 10 Noon CBS, Paramount+
That Other Pregame ShowSaturday, Feb. 10 1:00 p.m. CBS, Paramount+
NFL SlimetimeSunday, Feb. 11 11:30 a.m. CBS, Paramount+
Road to the Super BowlSunday, Feb. 11 Noon CBS, Paramount+
You Are Looking Live!Sunday, Feb. 11 1:00 p.m. CBS, Paramount+
The NFL TodaySunday, Feb. 11 2:00 p.m. CBS, Paramount+
Super Bowl on CBS Kickoff ShowSunday, Feb. 11 6:00 p.m. CBS, Paramount+
Super Bowl LVIIISunday, Feb. 116:30 p.m.CBS, Nickelodeon, Paramount+
The NFL Today Postgame ShowSunday, Feb. 11 ~10:30 p.m.* CBS, Paramount+

ESPN