Super Regionals - OTHER GAMES - Discussion

The baseball gods have not been kind today. Time to sacrifice a goat and two chickens and hope for better tomorrow.
Literally everything we wanted to happen went the opposite direction, except the Georgia shellacking. That brightened my day a little.

Reactions: Weezer
Booked mine immediately after Evansville won the final game in Greenville. Feel like I’m being punished by the baseball gods.
So it's your fault!!

200.gif

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
North Carolina’s games in the NCAAT thus far:

11-8 win over LIU (walk off: scored 6 runs in B9)

6-2 win over LSU (scored 3 runs in 7th/8th after LSU made it 3-2)

8-4 loss to LSU

4-3 win over LSU (trailed heading into T9: scored 2 runs in 9th/10th)

8-6 win over WVU (walk off: scored 3 runs in B9)

Currently 2-1 over WVU (3 hitter going)

That kid did not go around on that check swing. Home plate umpire made the decision and no appeal to first. Yet another example of piss poor umpiring deciding important games.

Reactions: @1RBFjr
Just a reminder: don’t slide into 1st base. Kid probably was going to be out either way but it would have been a lot closer had he just ran through the bag. They typically go with the call on the field in close calls so why not make it as difficult as possible on the umpire?

UNC has the Golden Horseshoe up their arse. Wouldn’t be surprised if they won the whole thing winning games like this.

Reactions: knoxvol52 and vol66
Honeycutt for UNC is a very fun baseball player to watch. It is nice that the baseball world gets to see him on the national stage next weekend. Kid is one of the best players in the country. I know we are spoiled with talent but I wish Tennessee had him.

Just a reminder: don’t slide into 1st base. Kid probably was going to be out either way but it would have been a lot closer had he just ran through the bag. They typically go with the call on the field in close calls so why not make it as difficult as possible on the umpire?

UNC has the Golden Horseshoe up their arse. Wouldn’t be surprised if they won the whole thing winning games like this.

We still got one more. I’d reckon the boys are pissed off, hopefully they get some rest and CTV gets a hornets nest tomorrow evening.

And if I may…nobody feels worse, nobody wants to win more, than the players. Go take the dang thing, just take it!!!!

Legoooooooooooooo!!!

GBO!!!

We still got one more. I’d reckon the boys are pissed off, hopefully they get some rest and CTV gets a hornets nest tomorrow evening.

And if I may…nobody feels worse, nobody wants to win more, than the players. Go take the dang thing, just take it!!!!

Legoooooooooooooo!!!

GBO!!!
The pitchers better throw like they are pissed off because if we lose a game 3-2 or something like that I don’t want to hear people complaining about the offense whenever they scored 8 runs in a loss. The offense has been even better than the 2022 team and other than a week and a half slump they have been darn near flawless this year.

The pitchers better throw like they are pissed off because if we lose a game 3-2 or something like that I don’t want to hear people complaining about the offense whenever they scored 8 runs in a loss. The offense has been even better than the 2022 team and other than a week and a half slump they have been darn near flawless this year.

It’s our house. When it’s over it’s over. It’s our house until then. They brought ALL they were allowed to bring. If you’re lucky enough to be there…if not tomorrow night, then when?

We gotta go take it, not gonna be easy, but it’s that simple. The team, staff knows that.

Legoooooooooooooo!!!!

Reactions: VolPack22
It’s our house. When it’s over it’s over. It’s our house until then. They brought ALL they were allowed to bring. If you’re lucky enough to be there…if not tomorrow night, then when?

We gotta go take it, not gonna be easy, but it’s that simple. The team, staff knows that.

Legoooooooooooooo!!!!
I get it. We have all the advantages in our favor but they just showed us they don’t give a damn. Going to be a freaking dogfight tomorrow that could have easily been avoided. Hopefully our play in big time ballgames is the difference. They haven’t been afforded the opportunity to play in games this big and we have the experience so hopefully that pays off. Just handle business and let’s reset for FSwho.

Reactions: ArdentVol and vol66
I get it. We have all the advantages in our favor but they just showed us they don’t give a damn. Going to be a freaking dogfight tomorrow that could have easily been avoided. Hopefully our play in big time ballgames is the difference. They haven’t been afforded the opportunity to play in games this big and we have the experience so hopefully that pays off. Just handle business and let’s reset for FSwho.
Of course they don’t give a damn. Rather it’s the first of the day or the end of the day, The motha- frikin people-eatin purple Aces came in here giving 0 effs. The story of Vol life. Nothing ever comes easy being a fan of the Orange and White. I am just as shocked and upset as anyone who cheers for the Vols. That being said, I just believe in this team too much and believe that they’ll get it done tomorrow. GBO🍊

Reactions: VolPack22 and vol66

VN Store

Back