Supposed Air Superiority

Almost completely 100% wrong and great example of people just regurging the fake news they hear. Russia went in with a relatively small force intent on limiting civilian casualties, quickly knocking out Ukrainian air defense and other high priority targets to set up a slow ground offensive in which they would negotiate with Ukraine as they took more and more ground. They have liberated Mauripol and created a cauldron around the Donbas region where a large amount of Ukrainian fighters are trapped. The cauldron will slowly be closed in until Ukraine either signs a ceasefire or those trapped soldiers are decimated and Russia claims the Donbas.

This notion that Ukraine is fighting this to a stalemate or even winning isnt supported by what is happening on the ground.

The pro Russia spin from some Americans is not only highly questionable, but interesting. Curious. Do you solely get your news from RT?

Almost completely 100% wrong and great example of people just regurging the fake news they hear. Russia went in with a relatively small force intent on limiting civilian casualties, quickly knocking out Ukrainian air defense and other high priority targets to set up a slow ground offensive in which they would negotiate with Ukraine as they took more and more ground. They have liberated Mauripol and created a cauldron around the Donbas region where a large amount of Ukrainian fighters are trapped. The cauldron will slowly be closed in until Ukraine either signs a ceasefire or those trapped soldiers are decimated and Russia claims the Donbas.

This notion that Ukraine is fighting this to a stalemate or even winning isnt supported by what is happening on the ground.

This might have been a compelling counter narrative a few decades ago in a world without social media. The amount of geotagged photographic evidence to the contrary posted in real time has been breathtaking.

I don' know whether this is funny, sad or just bonkers.

As long as Russia doesn't have any sophisticated anti-aircraft radar/missile systems in the area, helicopters flying below tree top level (in valleys, streams, rivers) can perform relatively long penetration operations. When a sophisticated radar system is in the area that include AWAC's or fighters with look down/shoot down radar systems, most helicopters are at a disadvantage due to high radar reflectivity.

I think in one of the Red Flag exercises fighter pilots found that helicopters armed with air to air missiles aren't toothless.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
As long as Russia doesn't have any sophisticated anti-aircraft radar/missile systems in the area, helicopters flying below tree top level (in valleys, streams, rivers) can perform relatively long penetration operations. When a sophisticated radar system is in the area that include AWAC's or fighters with look down/shoot down radar systems, most helicopters are at a disadvantage due to high radar reflectivity.
When you Terrain Follow (TF) you can avoid long range radar easily due to the tilt of the radar antenna providing low detection at extremally low altitudes. Short range radars are a bit better but still have a tilt that can be exploited for a little while. And if you are flying with night vision goggles or IR camera and no TF radar, you have a real good chance of not being detected at all until its too late.

Reactions: hog88 and AM64
When you Terrain Follow (TF) you can avoid long range radar easily due to the tilt of the radar antenna providing low detection at extremally low altitudes. Short range radars are a bit better but still have a tilt that can be exploited for a little while. And if you are flying with night vision goggles or IR camera and no TF radar, you have a real good chance of not being detected at all until its too late.

This is the article I remembered - just a bit different than I remembered. I guess the moral of the story for fighter pilots is stay up where you belong and shoot down if you can lock on, but don't go down looking for trouble with helicopters.

Attack Helicopter Crews explain why an Attack Helicopter (if properly flown) would defeat most fighter airplanes in 1v1 air combat - The Aviation Geek Club

Reactions: FLVOL_79

How does one go about “liberating” a city inside an otherwise unoccupied sovereign nation?

Do you think all the videos of T-80 turrets launching into low earth orbit are just very clever iMovies?

Reactions: LouderVol and AM64
Russia is a mess and Putin is desperate. Their population hasn’t been getting much higher education for decades.

They have massive oil reserves but they don’t have the technical know how and skilled labor force to extract, transport, and refine it. Most of it is below the Siberian mud bog that needs to be frozen to support the heavy equipment needed to get it out. So they can’t pump it out when it warms up.

Too bad for their people that their leaders are so corrupt. They had a great opportunity 30+ years ago to co-exist and to thrive alongside the civilized world.

Dont kid yourselves. The massive investments in technology by oil companies made fracking possible. Those evil profits were reinvested, the same as pharma, medical, etc. A reason we lead the world in several fields.

Reactions: AM64

I find your use of the word liberated interesting. A city that belonged to a sovereign nation is invaded by another country and you consider it a liberation.

Honestly it sounds suspicious, like you are regurgitating what you've heard from Russian sources.

It was obvious that Russia initially intended to take Kyiv but quickly decided losses would be immense. They sent untrained fodder in believing resistance would not be as intense as it turned out to be.

They have now regrouped and are redeploying forces initially intended to take Kyiv and use them to finish in the east, this was something they did not initially count on having to do. They will claim this was not the original intent but their manuevers and supply lines betray that lie.

Reactions: AM64
I find your use of the word liberated interesting. A city that belonged to a sovereign nation is invaded by another country and you consider it a liberation.

Honestly it sounds suspicious, like you are regurgitating what you've heard from Russian sources.

It was obvious that Russia initially intended to take Kyiv but quickly decided losses would be immense. They sent untrained fodder in believing resistance would not be as intense as it turned out to be.

They have now regrouped and are redeploying forces initially intended to take Kyiv and use them to finish in the east, this was something they did not initially count on having to do. They will claim this was not the original intent but their manuevers and supply lines betray that lie.
My gawd... so just because someone has a different perspective, they either got it from Russian sources or they are Kremlin agents? They couldn't possibly reach those conclusions independently?

Also, so what of they did get it from Russian sources? Are they anymore or less credible than from where you sources you go to?

My gawd... so just because someone has a different perspective, they either got it from Russian sources or they are Kremlin agents? They couldn't possibly reach those conclusions independently?

Also, so what of they did get it from Russian sources? Are they anymore or less credible than from where you sources you go to?
So if we invaded Mexico and took control of Tijuana you wouldn't bat an eye if someone told you America liberated it?

My God man, the post I replied to of his he just accused someone else of slurping propoganda. Then goes on to phrase the taking of a city using obvious propoganda phrasing yet you think I'm jumping to unfair conclusions?

Reactions: Tnslim1
So if we invaded Mexico and took control of Tijuana you wouldn't bat an eye if someone told you America liberated it?
Depends on the circumstances behind it.

My God man, the post I replied to of his he just accused someone else of slurping propoganda. Then goes on to phrase the taking of a city using obvious propoganda phrasing yet you think I'm jumping to unfair conclusions?
If that area has been tormented for 8 years, that would be a liberation.

Depends on the circumstances behind it.

If that area has been tormented for 8 years, that would be a liberation.

If I was being "tormented" by the Nazi's, I'd move a few miles into Russia and call it a day. Are these people too stupid to liberate themselves a few miles?

Maybe it wasn't as bad as you think. Maybe Pooty is just making a land grab like he did in Crimea and got punched straight in the mouth.

We've all seen the sources being shared. Pedos, greasy looking dudes with ****** youtube channels, crowdfunded "journalist" who stage videos with autopsied bodies charred to beef jerky and placed in burned out vehicles...

If I was being "tormented" by the Nazi's, I'd move a few miles into Russia and call it a day. Are these people too stupid to liberate themselves a few miles?
Why were Crockett, Bowie and Travis fighting Santa Ana? They should have sent their azzes back to Lawrenceburg or Natchez or wherever they were from.

😂 You are delusional. Russia’s military has been exposed. Outdated equipment, unmotivated, terrible leadership. All they have is nukes. It’s so weird seeing you guys on your knees for Putin, turning your head away every few seconds to try and convince us that Russia is doing great and just bringing freedom from the nazis 😂

Be careful who you listen to in regards to how this war is going. Most of what you see from our media and western media in general is total crap. Most of the people in this thread, just as in the Russia thread, are just regurgitating fake news.

As opposed to the stuff you post and read 😂 you are a walking cartoon

I know this: I watched Russian tanks....12 of them....move themselves into a kill box and 2 or 3 of them got zapped quickly. With tactics like that, it is mere common sense that they are taking heavy losses. Their mind sets on how to fight a war haven't changed in 100 years. The Brits or the U.S. would wipe them off the map in a conventional war.

This might have been a compelling counter narrative a few decades ago in a world without social media. The amount of geotagged photographic evidence to the contrary posted in real time has been breathtaking.

You have to forgive our Red Guard they get their information directly from the people’s military bureau and only they have access to this information along with a few randomly selected individuals on social media. The literally thousands of other sources are merely pawns brainwashed by Western propaganda

VN Store

Back