Supposed Air Superiority

Maybe like our own damn yankees, misplaced Russians in Ukraine should just go back where they came from? Why is it people move in and feel free to bitch because "this place isn't like back home"?
Also, comparing yankees that just recently moved down south to Russians that have been living in Ukraine and established themselves in the region is an apples to oranges comparison and you know it is disingenuous.

And again, you should feel the same way about Crockett, Bowie and Travis...

I'm definitely no expert on the Republic of Texas, but it seemed like a lot of the people who migrated there, whether westward US expansion or from Mexico, weren't fond of bring ruled by Mexico. Ukraine is pretty well settled and developed; Texas in those days wasn't. Your argument is far more apples and oranges.

Also, comparing yankees that just recently moved down south to Russians that have been living in Ukraine and established themselves in the region is an apples to oranges comparison and you know it is disingenuous.

Why were they there? Administrators from the good old Soviet days when mother Russia ran all the provinces. Seems like when the USSR went down, the Russians should have been forced to take their trash home since they had screwed over many places with their own special brand of stupidity - communism.

I'm definitely no expert on the Republic of Texas, but it seemed like a lot of the people who migrated there, whether westward US expansion or from Mexico, weren't fond of bring ruled by Mexico. Ukraine is pretty well settled and developed; Texas in those days wasn't. Your argument is far more apples and oranges.
So they moved there and didn't like how things were being run there...

Sounds like Crockett and the boys are more like your carpetbagger yankees that you complain about that move south and then try to change s^^t down here.

Why were they there? Administrators from the good old Soviet days when mother Russia ran all the provinces. Seems like when the USSR went down, the Russians should have been forced to take their trash home since they had screwed over many places with their own special brand of stupidity - communism.
So because a tyranical govt collapsed, which was an event beyond those people's control, they should have been forced out? After they had been living there for not just a few decades, but even during the time of the Russian Empire? Hell, I just learned 2 weeks ago that there is a significant Greek population there that was brought in by Catherine The Great to help with the tobacco plantations in the area. That's one reason why a lot of these areas have greek names like Odessa, Sevestopol, Mariupol and a cuple more. So should they be "forced" out also?

So they moved there and didn't like how things were being run there...

Sounds like Crockett and the boys are more like your carpetbagger yankees that you complain about that move south and then try to change s^^t down here.

Seems more like nobody settled in Texas wanted to be ruled like a Mexican colony - ruled by a government far away, and people from both Mexico and US states decided to form a country. That happened before volunteers started coming in to help. Some of the people who drifted in and became part of the early mix were likely French, too. Again the history of places west of the Mississippi isn't one of my strong suits - just that undeveloped land has historically been up for grabs by the strongest invader.

So because a tyranical govt collapsed, which was an event beyond those people's control, they should have been forced out? After they had been living there for not just a few decades, but even during the time of the Russian Empire? Hell, I just learned 2 weeks ago that there is a significant Greek population there that was brought in by Catherine The Great to help with the tobacco plantations in the area. That's one reason why a lot of these areas have greek names like Odessa, Sevestopol, Mariupol and a cuple more. So should they be "forced" out also?

Why not. If we'd been subjugated by a foolish system forced on us by a conquering country, I'd hope when it fell, there'd be some righteous backlash. As far as the Greeks you mention, that would be a matter of whether they wanted to assimilate or be a problem. Speaking on city/town names; I'd bet you can find an Athens in every US state ... we even have a few named Moscow, but I don't think you'd find inhabitants longing to be part of Russia.

Seems more like nobody settled in Texas wanted to be ruled like a Mexican colony - ruled by a government far away, and people from both Mexico and US states decided to form a country. That happened before volunteers started coming in to help. Some of the people who drifted in and became part of the early mix were likely French, too. Again the history of places west of the Mississippi isn't one of my strong suits - just that undeveloped land has historically been up for grabs by the strongest invader.
What is this undeveloped land nonsense? Before the Spaniards settled there, it was Native Americans on the land.

And again, they chose to go to this area and engage in sedition, instead of staying their azzes in the United States, no different than todays yankee or Californian doing the same down here.

You can't wiggle your azz out of this. Maybe you should back away from those previous comments and try something else...

Why not. If we'd been subjugated by a foolish system forced on us by a conquering country, I'd hope when it fell, there'd be some righteous backlash. As far as the Greeks you mention, that would be a matter of whether they wanted to assimilate or be a problem. Speaking on city/town names; I'd bet you can find an Athens in every US state ... we even have a few named Moscow, but I don't think you'd find inhabitants longing to be part of Russia.
The people in Donbas and Crimea DID feel they were about to be subjugated by a conquering country. The united tates coordinated the 2014 coup and overthrew the democratically elected leader that the people in the west and south mostly supported and replaced him with a handpicked puppet govt. So t that point, they made moves to breakaway from that madness.

But that situation, where the established community made a push for independence is far different than a group of carpetbaggers moving in to an area that they have no ties to and starting a revolt.

What is this undeveloped land nonsense? Before the Spaniards settled there, it was Native Americans on the land.

And again, they chose to go to this area and engage in sedition, instead of staying their azzes in the United States, no different than todays yankee or Californian doing the same down here.

You can't wiggle your azz out of this. Maybe you should back away from those previous comments and try something else...

This "native" Americans came over from Asia according to researchers; and of course, the Hispanic part of people to our south came from Spain. Wide open spaces even when inhabited by nomadic people have always been seen as fertile places to set up countries. Right or wrong, that's just the way it's been; and there's a big step from that to invading and taking cities and developed areas.

This "native" Americans came over from Asia according to researchers; and of course, the Hispanic part of people to our south came from Spain. Wide open spaces even when inhabited by nomadic people have always been seen as fertile places to set up countries. Right or wrong, that's just the way it's been; and there's a big step from that to invading and taking cities and developed areas.
By the 1830s, you are really going to call Texas undeveloped? Really? I think what you are really trying to say is "sparsely populated", but even then it is a pizz poor argument.

And even if it was, Crockett and his carpetbaggers were fully aware that this was Mexican territory. So why didn't they respect the soveriegnty of Mexico?

See, you have selective outrage.

Also, you are making the case for Israelis to be "forced" out of their homes right now.

It is amazing as I read this again, but you are able to make a case to vilify Davey Crockett and give justification for Putin in this rant you have made this morning. How did you justify Putin's actions?

The Texas settlers, a mix of both Mexicans and Americans, were disgruntled and being abused by Santa Ana. Texas, which was on the border of the US, was able to attract sypathizers to their cause in part because they did not want to see other Americans abused. They crossed the border and gave them military aid. After Santa Ana was defeated, the US came in and annexed Texas.

Cant tell if the hard on for Russia is some sort of post Trumpism thing or just general low knowledg
Of course. And any Irish that are around also. Most likely all Nazi's anyway.

Well, we heard weeks ago that Russia was close to running out of supplies. Wrong. We heard Putin may be sick and Russia would likely overthrow him. Wrong, Russia supports the war. We heard these terrible sanctions would crash his economy and he would be overthrown. Wrong, their economy is far from crashing and the Ruble is back to pre-war strength. We heard about Snake Island, Ghost of Kiev, etc...all wrong.

Everything I said, is spot on. If I am wrong, I'll come back and say it. Watch Ukraine get crushed in the Donbas. Tens of thousands of Ukrainian soldiers will he slaughtered. All because Zelensky wont sign a ceasefire due to either being to proud or not allowed to by NATO.

Nothing you have stated is provable and full of the same propaganda you claim you are against.

Reactions: LouderVol
My gawd... so just because someone has a different perspective, they either got it from Russian sources or they are Kremlin agents? They couldn't possibly reach those conclusions independently?

Also, so what of they did get it from Russian sources? Are they anymore or less credible than from where you sources you go to?
When it comes to said Russian military performing "liberation" of foreign cities, yes, it very much matters what the source of the propaganda is.

And if you cant see the argument of liberation as propaganda you are too far down the rabbit hole. The citizens wouldnt be fighting if it was liberation.

Reactions: AM64 and Rickyvol77
Yeah the russians killed off the locals. Via actual violence, starvation, or sending them to the gulag

Reactions: AM64
Nothing says you’ve lost the argument quite like comparing Putin’s invasion of Ukraine to the Battle of the Alamo.

GTFOH.
Really? How so? Or are you showing that you lost the argument and have no ability to refute what I said?

Really? How so? Or are you showing that you lost the argument and have no ability to refute what I said?
Maybe you’re right. Think of Bowie and Boone as the Russians, the Donbas and Crimea as the Alamo and Zelensky as Santa Ana.

That fiasco ended with Boone being executed via firing squad.

If only Boone and Bowie had had a massive advantage in firepower, and limitless supplies of troops and matériel.

Maybe you’re right. Think of Bowie and Boone as the Russians, the Donbas and Crimea as the Alamo and Zelensky as Santa Ana.

That fiasco ended with Boone being executed via firing squad.

If only Boone and Bowie had had a massive advantage in firepower, and limitless supplies of troops and matériel.
Boone???

I’m not sure that makes your assertion that Russia is on the right side of history here. They’re getting their asses handed to them by a much smaller and less equipped military. Not even these supposed oppressed Russian minorities are playing partisan guerrilla operatives behind the lines despite your claims of a righteous cause.

Reactions: AM64
I’m not sure that makes your assertion that Russia is on the right side of history here. They’re getting their asses handed to them by a much smaller and less equipped military. Not even these supposed oppressed Russian minorities are playing partisan guerrilla operatives behind the lines despite your claims of a righteous cause.
OK

Glad we agree.
Nah, we don't agree. I think we will find out the truth once all of the dust settles.

Meanwhile, have fun with the clown we have running our own country. That's where your focus and concern needs to be at.

Nah, we don't agree. I think we will find out the truth once all of the dust settles.

Meanwhile, have fun with the clown we have running our own country. That's where your focus and concern needs to be at.
Joe Biden is a bigger assclown than Putin and it’s only a matter of time before he engages in some equally stupid military misadventure.

VN Store

Back