Supreme Court strikes down federal law prohibiting sports gambling

Nice!

It baffles me that I can go to the Sarasota Kennel Club and bet on horse races all over the country but can put down a "sports" wager.

Reactions: 3 people
I don't gamble much anymore, but I like the idea of states deciding for themselves whether or not to allow it.

It's hard for me to imagine legalized gambling in Tennessee anytime soon, though.

Reactions: 6 people
I don't gamble much anymore, but I like the idea of states deciding for themselves whether or not to allow it.

It's hard for me to legalized gambling in Tennessee, though.

They just approved liquor sales on Sunday so anything is possible.

Reactions: 5 people
Awww what sports needs, even more outside influence on the outcome of games. Nothing good will come from this except maybe making more money for the wrong people.

Reactions: 7 people

It's hard for me to legalized gambling in Tennessee, though.

I'd rather keep the weed and gambling money in TN than neighboring states. WA State and CO have used weed legalization as an economic development tool....

Reactions: 8 people
Awww what sports needs, even more outside influence on the outcome of games. Nothing good will come from this except maybe making more money for the wrong people.

I 100% agree, except for one positive. The State(that other utterly corrupt group) no longer controls what "free" citizens do with their own money. At least in one instance.

Reactions: 1 person

Well the Vols aren’t winning much these days, so maybe some outside influence is exactly what we need! 😂

I hope this does not lead to players laying down bets and throwing games or being paid by others to throw games. Hopefully we can keep the integrity of sports intact has been a problem at different times through the years.

It's hard for me to imagine legalized gambling in Tennessee anytime soon, though.

I'd rather Tennessee legalize gambling than marijuana. But, it seems like marijuana will be next.

Last edited:
I'd rather Tennessee legalize gambling than marijuana. But, it seems like marijuana will be next.

I'd be willing to wager (lol) that gambling has destroyed more lives than pot.

I'd also be willing to bet some Tennessee State politician makes some righteous Claim about being worried about their citizens safety as it relates to pot. And then vote to put liquor in grocery stores on the same day.

Lottery??

But it's perfectly fine to sell a hundred bucks worth of scratchoffs to the construction worker for the "edumacation lottery". Tax on the stupid.

Reactions: 2 people
I'd be willing to wager (lol) that gambling has destroyed more lives than pot.

I'd also be willing to bet some Tennessee State politician makes some righteous Claim about being worried about their citizens safety as it relates to pot. And then vote to put liquor in grocery stores on the same day.

I have been in law enforcement for over 20 years and seen marijuana and other illicit drugs destroy lives over and over again. Where there are illicit drugs there are violent crimes.

I have yet to see anyone killed or any other violence over gambling. I'm not saying it isn't possible but I sure haven't seen violent crimes based on gambling addiction.

We are in the midst of an opioid epidemic in this country, and I would bet that the vast majority addicted to opioids have or regular smoke marijuana. Marijuana is obviously a gateway to other more dangerous or illicit substances.

Reactions: 5 people

well freak if your a high ranking office holder like governor or mayor of a major city then gamboling is legal. our governor and mayors have bet hams turkeys and other things to different politicans in other states on football basket ball and hockey.

VN Store

Back