Survivor - Edge Of Extinction

Devens ran that tribal like a master. One thing I disagree with him on is I don't see anyone coming from the edge wanting to work with him. His game is so dominant nobody that else would win.

They're at 5 now. One person comes back from the edge. So he has to make it through three more people for final tribal? His idol gets him one vote, but he better find more idols or win immunities cause he's gone if not.

And I do not understand why people who play this game don't look for idols.

Reactions: volwindy
I think Devens sees it like this, and this is my thinking as well. Unless you are Kelly, nobody is breaking up the 3. He is probably hoping the returnee votes with him for one vote to break them up. Then more than likely the returnees flips to the 2 left of the 3, and go after Devens and he plays the idol. Then he only has to win the last immunity. I mean that's a lot to gamble on, but it's his best hope at this point.

Bwhahaha congrats on playing 8 days, here is a million bucks. At least all my Edge of Extinction ranting is justified. Goodbye forever Survivor.

Bwhahaha congrats on playing 8 days, here is a million bucks. At least all my Edge of Extinction ranting is justified. Goodbye forever Survivor.

Julie and Gavin were such floaters they couldn't beat a guy who played 12 days. So pathetic

Julie what was your big move?

My emotions

Reactions: volwindy
Julie and Gavin were such floaters they couldn't beat a guy who played 12 days. So pathetic

Julie what was your big move?

My emotions

Yep. I would have given it to Gavin I guess, no way I would give it to someone that barely played. Especially when he had however long to form friendships with the Jury. Lauren with an all time dumb move btw. All she had to do was save the idol, play it the next tribal and she's at least making fire.

Yep. I would have given it to Gavin I guess, no way I would give it to someone that barely played. Especially when he had however long to form friendships with the Jury. Lauren with an all time dumb move btw. All she had to do was save the idol, play it the next tribal and she's at least making fire.
My mom and I talked about it today, she didn't care for the winner, not that I did, but none of the final three deserved the win.

Lauren...idiot..why do you use an idol on someone else this late in the game. How did she ever think it would work for her?

Reactions: BadJerry20
My mom and I talked about it today, she didn't care for the winner, not that I did, but none of the final three deserved the win.

Lauren...idiot..why do you use an idol on someone else this late in the game. How did she ever think it would work for her?

The way she was spilling about, I guess she really believed it would impress the jury somehow. She was walking to final 4 too. So dumb, plus I liked her too.

Chris is probably the worst winner ever. And it's not his fault, it's the fault of the show for putting players that were voted out back into the game.

Someone spends 2/3 of the game being voted out and is chosen as winner by the people he's been chilling with.

Dumb.

Chris is probably the worst winner ever. And it's not his fault, it's the fault of the show for putting players that were voted out back into the game.

Someone spends 2/3 of the game being voted out and is chosen as winner by the people he's been chilling with.

Dumb.

It's the fault of the other two losers who floated their way to the end. Chris should have had no chance. If it's Lauren, Julie, and Gavin in the final 3, that's an even worse winner.

It's the fault of the other two losers who floated their way to the end. Chris should have had no chance. If it's Lauren, Julie, and Gavin in the final 3, that's an even worse winner.
There's usually at least one floater that doesn't belong. Sometimes 2 and the vote should be kind of obvious. Even if it was Lauren and not Chris, at least it's someone who wasn't actually voted out and spent 2/3 of the game hanging out with the jury voters. The cast this season did a great job of identifying the threats and voting them out. Maybe there isn't a very deserving person, but those 3 at least would have played the entire game without being voted out.

One person getting voted out and coming back near the merge is at best tolerable to me. I don't like it, but it's not defying the point of the game. A 2nd person who was voted out even sooner and is re-inserted just before the final vote.... to me it's unfair to those that didn't get voted out. Chris doesn't have to defend his votes, his game, or risk making potential enemies of people he betrayed or even voted out. He didn't have to make himself a target to get to where he did. He gets to cook, catch fish, and provide for people that still have influence in who wins. He admitted as much that it was part of his strategy once he was voted out. That shouldn't be a viable strategy.

There's usually at least one floater that doesn't belong. Sometimes 2 and the vote should be kind of obvious. Even if it was Lauren and not Chris, at least it's someone who wasn't actually voted out and spent 2/3 of the game hanging out with the jury voters. The cast this season did a great job of identifying the threats and voting them out. Maybe there isn't a very deserving person, but those 3 at least would have played the entire game without being voted out.

One person getting voted out and coming back near the merge is at best tolerable to me. I don't like it, but it's not defying the point of the game. A 2nd person who was voted out even sooner and is re-inserted just before the final vote.... to me it's unfair to those that didn't get voted out. Chris doesn't have to defend his votes, his game, or risk making potential enemies of people he betrayed or even voted out. He didn't have to make himself a target to get to where he did. He gets to cook, catch fish, and provide for people that still have influence in who wins. He admitted as much that it was part of his strategy once he was voted out. That shouldn't be a viable strategy.

What difference does it make if you weren't voted out because you weren't a threat? Chris got got by the best player in the game before anybody knew he was dangerous. Gavin, Lauren, and Julie got crushed by a known threat week after week after week and they only survived because they weren't threats. I hate that Chris won, but I'm voting for him over them.

He didn't win because he had time with the jury, he won because their gameplay sucked and they couldn't defend their gameplay to the jury. Devens made the best point for Gavin, FFS

Last edited:
This will probably never be settled. My problem is with the entire approach to the season of putting people back into the game. Yes having 2 losers contributed to him winning. Having losers in the final vote always contributes to someone winning. My gut feeling is someone who didn't play a strong game is still more deserving to be there over someone that was voted out way early in the game and wasn't seen again till the last couple of days. If I was voting I'd probably vote for him just because he took on Devins in fire making.

The mantra from the beginning has been Outwit Outplay Outlast. Chris did none of those. He didn't outwit anyone because he was the 3rd person to be voted out. He never even made it to the first mixed tribes. The only people he might have outplayed was people on exile. And he certainly didn't outlast because again, he was the 3rd person voted out. He spent 12 days in the real game.

I do believe him spending time on exile with the jury contributed to him winning. He lived with the jury and had the chance to develop relationships with them that the people in the game didn't have anymore. Every season they've always made it a point that when the jury walks in at a tribal they don't talk to the players and the players don't talk to them.

I don't fault Chris. He was just lucky that they decided to insert someone back into the game at the end. It's cheap.

I honestly don't know if I will watch again, the positive I guess, is you could see this coming a mile away. If I do I just want no more extinction, at least not that late, and less idols, especially that late. 3 of the final 5 had immunity, that's just goofy. I think they should stop putting them back in play at 7 or 8 people. JMO

I honestly don't know if I will watch again, the positive I guess, is you could see this coming a mile away. If I do I just want no more extinction, at least not that late, and less idols, especially that late. 3 of the final 5 had immunity, that's just goofy. I think they should stop putting them back in play at 7 or 8 people. JMO

I think they need to be there late for people like Devens, but there definitely needs to be a limit, maybe to how long they have power. Lauren's from the beginning of the game should have expired. She went all season without making a move and then she played it on Chris so that he could beat her. Awesome job, buddy.

I think they need to be there late for people like Devens, but there definitely needs to be a limit, maybe to how long they have power. Lauren's from the beginning of the game should have expired. She went all season without making a move and then she played it on Chris so that he could beat her. Awesome job, buddy.

I mean hide and go idol gets old after awhile. Lauren did play it horribly but I don't think it should expire, she couldn't just create a situation where she needed to play it.

I think I've said something about idols before, but I think there are too many. I'm sure the producers like it because it adds some uncertainty to each show and makes for eventful tribals, but I agree it gets old knowing there's a new idol added every time one gets played. Takes away from the value of them, especially since advantages have been added to the show also.

In the current format if you're not looking for idols, you're a moron. Idols helped out Devins immensely and then there was that guy who was a vet that won a couple years ago that basically idoled his way to the end.

I liked it a little better when idols were more rare.

You guys must have forgotten the debacle either last season or the one before that where a guy was completely voted out but then at the last minute given a second chance and basically won the game. That was far more egregious than this exile season.

JMO, if the final 3 had been Gavin, Lauren, Julie my vote probably would have gone to Gavin.

You guys must have forgotten the debacle either last season or the one before that where a guy was completely voted out but then at the last minute given a second chance and basically won the game. That was far more egregious than this exile season.

JMO, if the final 3 had been Gavin, Lauren, Julie my vote probably would have gone to Gavin.

Gavin had the biggest move of the 3

So season 40 is reportedly going to be all Champions. I'm skipping next season, and was thinking about dropping it forever but...Parvati is going to be on Season 40. Lol

Btw I dont recognize about half of the Winners, and only remember about 5 or 6 of them being really good at the game. Kim, Parvati, Rob, Tony, and Yul

Winners only huh? I didn't know that. I generally don't like returning cast shows as much. The ones with new players are better imo.

But I hate it also because I haven't seen all the seasons. I've slowly been going back and watching all the seasons I never saw and I'm not sure if I want to see a bunch of winners from seasons I haven't seen.

I like returning players when it's all returning players, not a fan of new and old mixed. I'm definitely not a fan of next years format, all new cast and 2 vet coaches that will inevitably be put in the game probably halfway through the season.

I think all champs could be really fun, though I think the 5 I mentioned will probably be targeted by the lesser champs.

I decided to make my way through the seasons since the champs season is upcoming. I'm halfway through season 1, it's not bad for a first season of a show, see BB and The Challenge. But these comps are so bad, One was swim out and bring a raft in, one was eat worm, yes I said eat a worm. Lol It may change but I thought Hatch was a villain, everyone loves him so far.

VN Store

Back