SUV plows down Wisconsin Christmas parade as children watch in horror

Thoughts on the verdict?

Murder is bad. Being simultaneously clearly guilty and unsympathetic is bad. Representing yourself is a bad idea. Fighting with the judge is a bad idea. Failing to put on a meaningful defense is a bad idea.

This dude hit for the criminal defendant cycle.

Bye Felicia.

Thoughts on the verdict?
I was just thinking about the case, I think the DA deserves a lot of credit here. Charging him with intentional homicide rather than first or send degree murder was a great call. I actually think a REAL ATTORNEY could've beaten one of those charges, bit intentional homicide locked him in.

Reactions: McDad
Murder is bad. Being simultaneously clearly guilty and unsympathetic is bad. Representing yourself is a bad idea. Fighting with the judge is a bad idea. Failing to put on a meaningful defense is a bad idea.

I would add "spending almost all of your closing argument talking about how the situation has affected you while on trial for mass murder is a bad idea."

Whatever he gets is too good for him.

Some people don't deserve to be among us. This guy is one of those people. May he never be allowed to victimize anyone again.

I was just thinking about the case, I think the DA deserves a lot of credit here. Charging him with intentional homicide rather than first or send degree murder was a great call. I actually think a REAL ATTORNEY could've beaten one of those charges, bit intentional homicide locked him in.

I had to look this up. There are no 1st or 2nd degree murder charges in Wisconsin. 1st degree intentional homicide is functionally identical to 1st degree murder in most states.

Some people don't deserve to be among us. This guy is one of those people. May he never be allowed to victimize anyone again.
If he was punished properly for his actions prior to 2020 he wouldn't have been able to murder all those people. Once it was clear he was a career criminal they should of stop letting him off with slaps on the wrist.

Dudes a clown. His closing statement was 2 hours long, and in that whole 2 hours he said one sentence about apologizing to the victims.
He then tried to beg the judge to send him to a mental hospital instead of to prision.

Reactions: W.TN.Orange Blood
Dudes a clown. His closing statement was 2 hours long, and in that whole 2 hours he said one sentence about apologizing to the victims.
He then tried to beg the judge to send him to a mental hospital instead of to prision.

That one sentence wasn't even an apology. He said "I want you to know that I'm sorry this happened." That's not accountability. It certaintly doesn't admit culpability.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards

VN Store

Back