SUV plows down Wisconsin Christmas parade as children watch in horror

This guy gets to go crazy in Court in the process of "defending" himself, yet Alex Jones isnt allowed a defense?

Brooks has had his examination shut down on around 3/4 of witnesses. There are consequences for refusing to abide by the rules of court.

Brooks has had his examination shut down on around 3/4 of witnesses. There are consequences for refusing to abide by the rules of court.

One is allowed to claim his innocence, one was not. One is allowed to refute/question claims brought by prosecution, one was not. One is accused of killed 6 people, one questioned the events of a mass murder. Which one is Jones and which is Brooks?

One is allowed to claim his innocence, one was not.

Even putting aside the concept of "innocence" in civil vs criminal proceedings, Jones would have been able to mount a defense has he followed court orders. He chose not to do so.

One is allowed to refute/question claims brought by prosecution, one was not.

Brooks has yet to be subject to questioning as he hasn't testified. Jones could not refuse to testify as his cases aren't criminal.

One is accused of killed 6 people, one questioned the events of a mass murder. Which one is Jones and which is Brooks?

One is facing spending the rest his natural life in prison while the other is facing financial ruin. Which would you rather be?

If it puts him in prison for the rest of his life, it'll be worth it. Especially since he's already had to be put in protective isolation because his fellow inmates know people that he hurt. His time in prison will not be pleasant, but very well may be brief.

I understand he is given due process, though in no way does he deserve that process.

If it puts him in prison for the rest of his life, it'll be worth it. Especially since he's already had to be put in protective isolation because his fellow inmates know people that he hurt. His time in prison will not be pleasant, but very well may be brief.
Would save a lot of money

Reactions: tntar heel
Jones would have been able to mount a defense has he followed court orders. He chose not to do so.

Name a party that provided more discovery than Alex Jones.

Jones could not refuse to testify as his cases aren't criminal.

You're missing the point or intentionally missing it. Jones could not defend himself. He was strictly limited in his responses. Meanwhile this Brooks guy is basically mocking the parents of the people he killed, to their face in court.

One is facing spending the rest his natural life in prison while the other is facing financial ruin. Which would you rather be?

I would rather be neither. I would rather our justice system not unblind itself and tip the scales because it has a political animus to Jones.

Name a party that provided more discovery than Alex Jones.

This is nonsensical. Compared to whom?

You're missing the point or intentionally missing it. Jones could not defend himself. He was strictly limited in his responses.

Speaking of missing the point...

Yes, Jones was prohibited from mounting a defense AS A RESULT OF HIS REFUSAL TO COMPLY WITH COURT ORDERS.

Meanwhile this Brooks guy is basically mocking the parents of the people he killed, to their face in court.

As opposed to Jones literally mocking the parents of mass murder victims to his audience on a nightly basis?

I would rather be neither. I would rather our justice system not unblind itself and tip the scales because it has a political animus to Jones.

Of course. It's bias. It can't be that Jones refused to follow the rules. No no. The court simply doesn't like him. Jones and his fans seemed to have stop maturing around 5th grade.

This is nonsensical. Compared to whom?

Speaking of missing the point...

Yes, Jones was prohibited from mounting a defense AS A RESULT OF HIS REFUSAL TO COMPLY WITH COURT ORDERS.

As opposed to Jones literally mocking the parents of mass murder victims to his audience on a nightly basis?

Of course. It's bias. It can't be that Jones refused to follow the rules. No no. The court simply doesn't like him. Jones and his fans seemed to have stop maturing around 5th grade.

Jones didnt mock parents, nor did he do it on a nightly basis. Way to show you have no clue what you are talking about. There is no case that compares to Alex Jones. To act as though his case was normal is disingenious at best. Compare it to any other defamation case with NYTs or other major media.

Jones didnt mock parents, nor did he do it on a nightly basis. Way to show you have no clue what you are talking about. There is no case that compares to Alex Jones. To act as though his case was normal is disingenious at best. Compare it to any other defamation case with NYTs or other major media.

It wasn't normal. Not at all.

There is nothing normal about a default verdict. Why? Because, parties normally comply with court orders.

Update for @volgr :

Due to his continued refusal to follow simple instructions, the judge has declared the Brooks has waived his right to call any further witnesses and to testify on his own behalf. She has ended his case-in-chief without his consent.

See? Your boy, Jones, isn't the only one.

Reactions: NorthDallas40
He give a reason why? Defendants attorney making a complete mockery of the proceedings perhaps?

The judge hasn't let him spit nonsense about the State not being able to prosecute and subject matter jurisdiction, so he's just going to tell the jury directly.

The judge hasn't let him spit nonsense about the State not being able to prosecute and subject matter jurisdiction, so he's just going to tell the jury directly.
Mhm. I guess we will see how that goes could always be a sympathetic jury that brings some doubt.

He give a reason why? Defendants attorney making a complete mockery of the proceedings perhaps?
The defendant is his own attorney. He fired his court appointed lawyers and chose to defend himself. His whole defense has been he is a sovereign citizen and therefore he does not have to abide by the rules. Hes made a complete mockery out of the judicial system, and isnt doing anything but wasting time. Everything the state says he objects to then gets mad when the judge sub stains. He even got called out last Friday for intimidating a witness on the witness stand. Hes trying to get the judge to hold him in contempt so he can appeal on the basis of bias and get a mistrial. The judge has done an excellent job of not playing his games though.

The defendant is his own attorney. He fired his court appointed lawyers and chose to defend himself. His whole defense has been he is a sovereign citizen and therefore he does not have to abide by the rules. Hes made a complete mockery out of the judicial system, and isnt doing anything but wasting time. Everything the state says he objects to then gets mad when the judge sub stains. He even got called out last Friday for intimidating a witness on the witness stand. Hes trying to get the judge to hold him in contempt so he can appeal on the basis of bias and get a mistrial. The judge has done an excellent job of not playing his games though.
I know. It was a joke.

Mhm. I guess we will see how that goes could always be a sympathetic jury that brings some doubt.

You never know what a jury will do. They haven't been present for most of his antics, but you could possibly get someone who thinks the process has been unfair. That could maybe cause a hung jury, as I can't imagine all 12 would follow suit.

However, there is no reasonable doubt in this case.

Brooks: No one knows why it was God's will to let this happen.

Also: My 7 year old daughter wrote me a letter and asked "Daddy, why are people saying such mean things about you?"

The jury just started deliberating..... This shouldn't take too long.

Brooks just asked to go back to his pod instead of being held in the holding cell at the courthouse. He said something about taking a shower, but know this guy and how full of himself he is, I just wonder if he has other things planned.

The jury just started deliberating..... This shouldn't take too long.

Brooks just asked to go back to his pod instead of being held in the holding cell at the courthouse. He said something about taking a shower, but know this guy and how full of himself he is, I just wonder if he has other things planned.

It'll take more than an hour just because there are 77 verdict forms to complete.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards

VN Store

Back