Taiwan: We have to bomb TSMC in order to save it

All I asked was how do you invade yourself...
lol. Taiwan is separate from China. As evidenced by the complete lack of the PRC, PRC troops, PRC controls, PRC "elections", PRC diplomacy, separate international trade

and unless you have forgotten all the civil war rhetoric, many from the south claim that the North invaded the south. An invasion is an attack into territory that you don't control. furthermore the PRC has literally NEVER controlled Taiwan, so trying to make any type of historical claim is laughable. literally as long as the PRC has existed Taiwan has been separate. It has even less historical precedence than us owning Mexico.

Reactions: AM64 and 82_VOL_83
That isn't official US policy. Taiwan is recognized as part of mainland China.

And show me where Taiwan stated they were not a pat of mainland China.
to the first line, no it doesn't. that is just another bad double take of yours to twist was is actual in our One-China Policy. It explicitly states we will recognize the PRC as being in charge of China only if they maintain peaceful relations with Taiwan.

You sound silly. D you really think you can cap a country like China's ability to innovate? Especially with a significant number of Taiwanese living and working in China right now? Do you think Taiwanese have not helped them? Do you not think the Russians haven't helped them? The Indians? Iranians? Arab states?

You can't shutdown innovation with sanctions and c*ckblocking in 2023, you morons. Are you a boomer or something?

Wow Ras, the millennial in you is peeking through.

China will always be behind the U.S., Europe, Canada, and Australia in terms of technology advances. The Chinese aren't free thinkers. They have the copy and steal mindset and that will never change.
Let's not be too complacent. Things change.
In the 1800's the US was pretty bad, or good depending on how you look at it, at IP theft.
China long ago was inventive, then changed their focus. I'm sure the PRC has programs to instill creativity in selected students and to foster innovation at corporate level. After all, their goal is world domination, er, leadership.

Last edited:
In the 1800's the US was pretty bad, or good depending on how you look at it, at IP theft.
China long ago was inventive, then changed their focus. I'm sure the PRC has programs to instill creativity in selected students and to foster innovation at corporate level. After all, their goal is world domination, er, leadership.
And what are US goals? We're the one with 800+ military bases all over the globe and have weaponized the reserve currency.

True, things do change. That likely wouldn't happen for a generation or two though. You don't magically become a free thinker overnight.

Exactly the same.
nope. We controlled Puerto Rico going back to 1898, after we took it from the Spanish, with no lapse in control during that time, and no active war between us and the locals, and the locals have consistently voted to maintain their current status with the US.

Mao didn't declare the PRC until 50 years later in 1949. The government of Taiwan is the older government, and the PRC are the ones who rose up against the elected powers. the PRC has never had a foothold in Taiwan, and they did actively fight the ROC who is in control of Taiwan. And the locals have consistently voted to maintain separation from the PRC. The PRC has also straight up murdered hundreds of thousands if not millions of the group who now make up Taiwan.

There are two different styles of governments, two different constitutions, both maintain relatively large military forces to counter the other. Both make separate diplomatic and trade deals. Visas and passports are required to go from China to Taiwan, but the same isn't required with Puerto Rico and the US. Heck even ethnically its two different situations. the demographics are far more varied from the US to Puerto Rico than it is from the PRC to Taiwan.

what in your opinion makes these "exactly the same"? Seriously?

True, things do change. That likely wouldn't happen for a generation or two though. You don't magically become a free thinker overnight.
Meanwhile in a generation or two for The West/US, we'll have 60 genders, paying $100 for a loaf of bread and eating bugs and grass.

Have you looked at the direction this country is headed in right now? You can't unf^kk ourselves at the snap of a finger.

Only if you agree with China's claim. If you agree with the PRC, which you obviously do, then you have a point. If you agree with the rest of the free world, then no.
I already posted that only about a dozen countries recognize Taiwan as independent from the mainland. Everyone else (the other 180+ countries including the US) recognize Taiwan as part of China.

I already posted that only about a dozen countries recognize Taiwan as independent from the mainland. Everyone else (the other 180+ countries including the US) recognize Taiwan as part of China.
So Puerto Rico is adamant that they have nothing to do with the US, take no $$$, get no free benefits, etc? Pretty sure Taiwan maintains full independence from those you say own them. PRs biggest fear is becoming a state. Then they have to pay taxes.

Reactions: AM64
Meanwhile in a generation or two for The West/US, we'll have 60 genders, paying $100 for a loaf of bread and eating bugs and grass.

Have you looked at the direction this country is headed in right now? You can't unf^kk ourselves at the snap of a finger.

I see what you are saying, but that doesn't change the fact that the Chinese are not free thinkers. China has their own bad financial problems to deal with too.

Reactions: AM64

VN Store

Back