Taiwan: We have to bomb TSMC in order to save it

All I asked was how do you invade yourself...

Taiwan doesn’t see themselves as a part of China. Now do you intend on answering my question?

Would you be okay with using military force to overthrow an elected regime in Puerto Rico or is that okay because it’s “yourself”

Reactions: 82_VOL_83 and AM64
You sound silly. D you really think you can cap a country like China's ability to innovate? Especially with a significant number of Taiwanese living and working in China right now? Do you think Taiwanese have not helped them? Do you not think the Russians haven't helped them? The Indians? Iranians? Arab states?

You can't shutdown innovation with sanctions and c*ckblocking in 2023, you morons. Are you a boomer or something?

You sound triggered Ras. I am definitely no boomer. We don't have to cap shiz because China, and Asia in general aren't very innovative. They just aren't free thinkers. It's their culture that holds the innovation back.

Reactions: AM64
Idk how the answer isn’t obvious. China is technologically behind us.
So what?

And looks like with the news this week, China appears to have mainland chipmaking capabilities.... whether they stole it or not.

Why would that justify bombing and punishing Taiwan?

Taiwan doesn’t see themselves as a part of China. Now do you intend on answering my question?
Official US policy is that we see Taiwan as part of China. That is a fact. So if we go and insert ourselves in what would be an internal Chinese conflict, then we are contradicting ourselves.

Would you be okay with using military force to overthrow an elected regime in Puerto Rico or is that okay because it’s “yourself”
You will not find me supporting many military interventions. So more than likely I would not.

So what?

And looks like with the news this week, China appears to have mainland chipmaking capabilities.... whether they stole it or not.

Why would that justify bombing and punishing Taiwan?

If China takes over those facilities, it’s not Taiwan that’s being punished. You seem to be completely ignoring the concept of ownership/possession.

Reactions: AM64
Official US policy is that we see Taiwan as part of China. That is a fact. So if we go and insert ourselves in what would be an internal Chinese conflict, then we are contradicting ourselves.

You will not find me supporting many military interventions. So more than likely I would not.

So you’ll openly defend China invading Taiwan but not us invading Puerto Rico?

If China takes over those facilities, it’s not Taiwan that’s being punished. You seem to be completely ignoring the concept of ownership/possession.
I'm not making any argument about ownership of the chip factory. My point is the idea of destroying the factory just because of an invasion.

Why would you destroy a factory or anything on Taiwan and insert yourself in a conflict that is none of our business? Taiwan is part of China. And, what benefit is it for the US to destroy a chip factory? It just doesn't make any sense... other than to just have sour grapes or c*ckblock China.

And after this week, what good would it do to destroy the chip factories if China is able to produce chips of equal quality on the mainland?

I'm not making any argument about ownership of the chip factory. My point is the idea of destroying the factory just because of an invasion.

Why would you destroy a factory or anything on Taiwan and insert yourself in a conflict that is none of our business? Taiwan is part of China. And, what benefit is it for the US to destroy a chip factory? It just doesn't make any sense... other than to just have sour grapes or c*ckblock China.

And after this week, what good would it do to destroy the chip factories if China is able to produce chips of equal quality on the mainland?

The benefit is obvious. Limiting Chinese access to the chips. I’m not sure how you don’t see that. If China was able to produce equal chips, why would they take this factory to begin with?

It’s pretty well known that the Chinese are way behind technologically. Kinda like your Russian friends

Reactions: Tnslim1 and AM64
Why are you trying to put words in my mouth? All I said was that its hard to invade your own country.

Yes, meaning you’re dismissing it as nothing. Yet you wouldn’t have the same attitude if we sent troops in to overthrow the current regime in Puerto Rico. You wouldn’t say “we can’t invade ourselves!”.

So why do you make the distinction despite being the one who made the initial comparison?

The benefit is obvious. Limiting Chinese access to the chips. I’m not sure how you don’t see that.
Why is that a benefit to America? Its just c*ckblocking.

If China was able to produce equal chips, why would they take this factory to begin with?
Who said China is thinking about taking the factory in the first place? Again, it appears they have their own capabilities of producing chips on the mainland.

It’s pretty well known that the Chinese are way behind technologically. Kinda like your Russian friends
Well known? Known by whom?

Also, I bet a $100 that the Chinese have been getting some assistance from Taiwanese in their chip making. You all act as though in 2023, you can just shut down technological advances with sanctions and threats and blowing up facilities. You also act as though the Chinese, Russians and Indians don't have the technological ability to figure out how to produce chips.

What would be more beneficial for America would be for us to develop our own domestic chip production and stop worrying about what the Chinese or anyone else is doing.

VN Store

Back