Taliban Taking Over Afghanistan - Does anyone care?

Do you care?

• No

Votes: 40 23.4%
  • Hell No

Votes: 47 27.5%
  • Yes, we should invade and send in Troops

Votes: 25 14.6%
  • I like Pie

Votes: 59 34.5%

• Total voters
should be that way - won't.
US to start embassy evacuation in Kabul and will send in troops to help as Taliban rapidly advances (msn.com)

Gotta go with Joe on this one, although Price is FOS

"Look, we spent over a trillion dollars over 20 years. We trained and equipped with modern equipment over 300,000 Afghan forces," Biden said on Tuesday. "And Afghan leaders have to come together. We lost thousands - lost to death and injury - thousands of American personnel. They've got to fight for themselves, fight for their nation."

What a disaster. Shoulda just turned that place into glass right after 9/11 and been done with it. Have no idea why the .gov is so enamored with wasting taxpayer money and American lives for what you had to know would be a futile effort given the history of that place. More dumbassery by the truck load.

What a disaster. Shoulda just turned that place into glass right after 9/11 and been done with it. Have no idea why the .gov is so enamored with wasting taxpayer money and American lives for what you had to know would be a futile effort given the history of that place. More dumbassery by the truck load.

Because that money was going into the pockets bureaucrats, politicians and their major donors.

US to start embassy evacuation in Kabul and will send in troops to help as Taliban rapidly advances (msn.com)

Gotta go with Joe on this one, although Price is FOS

"Look, we spent over a trillion dollars over 20 years. We trained and equipped with modern equipment over 300,000 Afghan forces," Biden said on Tuesday. "And Afghan leaders have to come together. We lost thousands - lost to death and injury - thousands of American personnel. They've got to fight for themselves, fight for their nation."
Reverting back to what it has been for the last 1,000 years.

Saigon all over again.
While living in Ho Chi Minh ten years ago, I made some good friends that fought with us. Several ask me, "Why oh why did Nixon stop the bombing? Another week or so, North Vietnam would have surrendered." I said he had allot of pressure from some people in this country about it being too harsh. :confused:

While living in Ho Chi Minh ten years ago, I made some good friends that fought with us. Several ask me, "Why oh why did Nixon stop the bombing? Another week or so, North Vietnam would have surrendered." I said he had allot of pressure from some people in this country about it being too harsh. :confused:

Wasnt that Linebacker II? Had them on their knees which led to the armistice.

IT is a well known fact that N. Vietnam was coming to the table after TET of 68, because we had decimated their forces in the south. News media and public reaction to the casualty count from both sides convinced the North that they had a path to victory thru the news media and public dissent. The end result was the fall of the south and at least 200 times more casualties in the following years than what fell during the 68 Tet Offensive,

I hope the modern equipment was not too modern. Hopefully no shoulder fired SAMs like Stingers
I am afraid that some of those shoulder fired SAMs will find their way into people's hands in other places and in the US. The way our border is leaking right now I could smuggle in an entire Division.

Reckon there are any POWS still there?

Reactions: marcusluvsvols

Ahhh an old 1980's debate. I remember as a 10 YO kid I had a POW metal bracelet while the free sex and love kids spit and abused the returning veterans. We know who they are

Didn't see any, but that doesn't mean anything. However, it's been 40 years , so I doubt it.

Let's ask this guy

100.gif

VN Store

Back