Taliban Taking Over Afghanistan - Does anyone care?

Do you care?

• No

Votes: 40 23.4%
  • Hell No

Votes: 47 27.5%
  • Yes, we should invade and send in Troops

Votes: 25 14.6%
  • I like Pie

Votes: 59 34.5%

• Total voters
No, in this case it's that we leave. Two decades and it's still going to look the same once we leave. It was a complete waste

Viet Nam 2.0. One group dedicated to a path, and another group (potential victims) who don't really care enough to put up a real fight but are happy enough if someone else tries to do it for them ... and they profit from it. You either fight for your beliefs or you don't. Change happens from the inside for the community that actually wants change.

Billions of dollars and thousands dead, thousands disabled for life all for nothing. Well, the CIA made billions and so did the contractors.

I guess I used to be too patriotic to believe the thing about contractors and wars. I've become jaded enough that I completely believe defense contractors and associates drive the agenda. Mo war = mo profit.

Also how did we spend two ****ing decades in Afghanistan killing people and training a national army just to watch the country get rolled up in a matter of weeks?

We spent that time hiring and paying contractors to make it look like we were building a nation and their defense. Think Patton's phantom army prior to D-Day.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Viet Nam 2.0. One group dedicated to a path, and another group (potential victims) who don't really care enough to put up a real fight but are happy enough if someone else tries to do it for them ... and they profit from it. You either fight for your beliefs or you don't. Change happens from the inside for the community that actually wants change.

Shimminy..we are heading there ourselves

Also how did we spend two ****ing decades in Afghanistan killing people and training a national army just to watch the country get rolled up in a matter of weeks?

1) dumb ass rules of engagement
2) ongoing belief by both parties that we could get people to change their culture if we build enough schools for them

It's kinda like the A-bomb argument; if we'd had the cajones to go medieval on the Taliban in the first place and set the example of what happens if you harbor terrorists then countless lives and treasure (for all involved) would have been saved.

VN Store

Back