Taliban Taking Over Afghanistan - Does anyone care?

Do you care?

• No

Votes: 40 23.4%
  • Hell No

Votes: 47 27.5%
  • Yes, we should invade and send in Troops

Votes: 25 14.6%
  • I like Pie

Votes: 59 34.5%

• Total voters
1) dumb ass rules of engagement
2) ongoing belief by both parties that we could get people to change their culture if we build enough schools for them

It's kinda like the A-bomb argument; if we'd had the cajones to go medieval on the Taliban in the first place and set the example of what happens if you harbor terrorists then countless lives and treasure (for all involved) would have been saved.

But the Europeans and our libs would lose their minds over our use of "excessive" force, and that would be a minor hissy fit compared to the Russian and Chinese propaganda mills.

MARK ALMOND: Afghanistan is a nation Hurtling Back to the Dark Ages Once More

Comebacks have rarely been as brutal and quick as the Taliban's dramatic surge across Afghanistan since the start of July.

Eleven regional capitals have fallen to the insurgents in six days and hundreds of thousands of Afghans have fled their homes, fearing life under Islamic fundamentalists.

The streets and parks of Kabul are lined with men, women and children who have come to the capital in the belief that it is the safest place to be in a country torn apart by war.

But with the Taliban on the march, US intelligence's prediction that they could capture Kabul within 90 days seems optimistic from the embattled government's point of view.

46617031-9888951-image-a-45_1628803073043.jpg

It is time to ask how a group reviled as savage religious fundamentalists and sponsors of international terrorism could recover from utter defeat two decades ago to become Afghanistan's rulers-in-waiting.

MARK ALMOND: Afghanistan is a nation hurtling back to the Dark Ages once more | Daily Mail Online

I really hope they had a plan to get friendly ANA collaborators and their families out. The Taliban is fixing to kill a lot of people.

I will post Mark Levin's podcast related to this issue tomorrow. I'm listening to him now on local radio. He provides a big picture view of what has transpired.

Let's not forget Handsome Jo has been on the wrong side of issues his entire career. He is known to get almost nothing right on foreign policy.

This whole thing has been a disaster.

Last edited:
Mapping the advance of the Taliban in Afghanistan

Personally I don't care what happens there or any other crap hole in that part of the world. It's a damn shame that we wasted trillions of dollars and killed and mutilated thousands of soldiers for nothing.

The UN seems to be upset over it, so why don't they do something about it?

The UN is not doing squat because the Chicoms are moving in to lay claim to all the valuable natural resources. Same thing is happening in Africa.

The Times, and the Chinese government generally, has attempted for months to portray itself as a superior international partner to Afghanistan than the United States in light of America’s scheduled withdrawal from the country at the end of the month. In addition to Kabul officials, the Taliban itself has publicly embraced further Chinese involvement in the country.
“We have been to China many times and we have good relations with them,” Suhail Shaheen, a member of the Taliban negotiating team in Doha, said in July. “China is a friendly country that we welcome for reconstruction and developing Afghanistan.”

Army veteran found guilty in connection to plot to bomb California rally

A California Army veteran was found guilty for attempting to bomb a rally in Long Beach over two years ago.

Mark Steven Domingo, 28, was found guilty on Thursday of providing material support to terrorism and for the attempted use of a weapon of mass destruction. He will be sentenced on Nov. 1 and faces a maximum sentence of life in federal prison.

Law enforcement officials were tipped off to Domingo through his online posts and forum conversations in which he expressed support for violent jihad and a desire to seek retribution for attacks against Muslims, according to a statement from the Department of Justice.

Army veteran found guilty in connection to plot to bomb California rally

Viet Nam 2.0. One group dedicated to a path, and another group (potential victims) who don't really care enough to put up a real fight but are happy enough if someone else tries to do it for them ... and they profit from it. You either fight for your beliefs or you don't. Change happens from the inside for the community that actually wants change.
So what’s going to happen to all the stimulus bill money that was allocated to Afghanistan for gender studies, or whatever. I don’t see significant interest in that from them now.

Viet Nam 2.0. One group dedicated to a path, and another group (potential victims) who don't really care enough to put up a real fight but are happy enough if someone else tries to do it for them ... and they profit from it. You either fight for your beliefs or you don't. Change happens from the inside for the community that actually wants change.

At least the South Vietnamese held on for another two years before they fell.

When we moved away from the concept of total war things went to complete ****. Since then we've tried to surgically effect victory through limited engagement and "winning hearts and minds". It hasn't worked anywhere. War should be a course of last resort, and when it's called for it should be merciless. Half assing these operations gets our people killed, our money wasted, and leaves the civilian population intact that either sympathizes or outright supports the enemy. And if they don't initially they will after we sit on their heads and ruin their lives for a few years. The same way any of us would if the Russians came into our country to teach us democracy.

I watched a video on YT of them dismantling the British base in AFGH, it said when they started the base a decade ago the Taliban were just a few hundred yards away. Ten years and trillions of dollars later they're still the same distance away. What was the point?

No one wins with this. Trump had planned this withdraw in his theoretical second term. Biden just pushed it off by a couple months and changed nothing.

I'm more concerned about the folks in Afghanistan that helped us. They should be given asylum. If we leave them we might as well put them against the wall and do it ourselves.

At least the South Vietnamese held on for another two years before they fell.

From 17 to 21 I dated a Vietnamese girl who was the first born of her family here. They were fighters on our side during the war and had to flee the country after it fell or they would be executed.

I can promise you that no man ever hated me more in my life than he did.

It was 3 years before he ever referred to me as anything but white devil.

He then just referred to me as white boy.

The weird part for me in this forum is that I keep agreeing with people I generally disagree with and vice versa. For example, I would agree with your thought that self choice is always the right path. However, another part of me recognizes that if someone runs a stop sign and is injured, that's on him
While living in Ho Chi Minh ten years ago, I made some good friends that fought with us. Several ask me, "Why oh why did Nixon stop the bombing? Another week or so, North Vietnam would have surrendered." I said he had allot of pressure from some people in this country about it being too harsh. :confused:

Linebacker1 and Linebacker 2 were the 2 massive carpet bombing campaigns which really comprised the only short times we fought the war as we should...to actually win.

they were cancelled due to actually being effective. Politicians wsnted endless war in order to further enrich themselves and the MIComplex...

UOTE="Orangeburst, post: 20060669, member: 16753"]Wasnt that Linebacker II? Had them on their knees which led to the armistice.

Yep.

IT is a well known fact that N. Vietnam was coming to the table after TET of 68, because we had decimated their forces in the south. News media and public reaction to the casualty count from both sides convinced the North that they had a path to victory thru the news media and public dissent. The end result was the fall of the south and at least 200 times more casualties in the following years than what fell during the 68 Tet Offensive,

This. Sad sad truth. Btw...more Americans die from opiate overdose every single year than died in the entire VN war. The vast majority of them were intentionally addicted by Drs and Big Pharm. 90,000 plus dead in 2019 alone....

Reactions: AM64 and Wireless1
No one wins with this. Trump had planned this withdraw in his theoretical second term. Biden just pushed it off by a couple months and changed nothing.

I'm more concerned about the folks in Afghanistan that helped us. They should be given asylum. If we leave them we might as well put them against the wall and do it ourselves.
This mess lays squarely on the shoulders of a man who has been in government since before most of us were born. He was warned by his own military and proceeded with a purely political withdrawal. Now, we are sending 8,000 troops in on a "rescue mission"......... You would think that he would, at the least, have the balls to call it what it is.

This mess lays squarely on the shoulders of a man who has been in government since before most of us were born. He was warned by his own military and proceeded with a purely political withdrawal. Now, we are sending 8,000 troops in on a "rescue mission"......... You would think that he would, at the least, have the balls to call it what it is.
Biden did the exact thing Trump called for before he was voted out. Where was the outrage when Trump was floating this around?

So what’s going to happen to all the stimulus bill money that was allocated to Afghanistan for gender studies, or whatever. I don’t see significant interest in that from them now.

Another farce of budget allocation for the yokels to find a way to pad their friends pockets.

Reactions: AM64 and Wireless1

VN Store

Back