Taliban Taking Over Afghanistan - Does anyone care?

Do you care?

• No

Votes: 40 23.4%
  • Hell No

Votes: 47 27.5%
  • Yes, we should invade and send in Troops

Votes: 25 14.6%
  • I like Pie

Votes: 59 34.5%

• Total voters
The same people screeching about America first nationalism and who've been staunchly opposed to the occupation for more than a decade, who cheered when Donny said he'd get us out of the ME are suddenly clutching thier pearls and aghast that the vaccuum is getting filled by the bad guys when they get their wish.

Even if we establish a perimeter for the airfield, so much **** has fallen into the hands of the Taliban they could theoretically knock a plane down on takeoff. I would imagine we gave them zero AA weapons but a heavy MG or arty piece could lead to disaster. They will have no qualms about doing so, they will label anyone trying to leave an infidel or conspirator.

A lot of these people seem really scared, maybe now is the time to pick up a weapon and actually try to save your own life.

Reactions: Wireless1
The same people screeching about America first nationalism and who've been staunchly opposed to the occupation for more than a decade, who cheered when Donny said he'd get us out of the ME are suddenly clutching thier pearls and aghast that the vaccuum is getting filled by the bad guys when they get their wish.
The logistics of this could have been handled much better. I thought we were getting an incredibly competent staff for a change?

They can try to blame Trump all they want for this, the generals and ancillary staff that came up with this plan weren't executed on 1/20. If anything they were liberated from their dictator and could finally make all the mind blowing military decisions Donnie wouldn't let them. Now seven months later this plan has gone to complete dog **** and they're pointing fingers at Trump. How?

Not an issue of the vacuum getting filled. It’s an issue of how woefully unprepared this admin was in carrying out a withdrawal and lack of foresight given the history of parties involved. Anyone with the slightest level of intelligence should have anticipated the actions by the Taliban and operated from a scenario where if the Taliban gained control, how do we get important assets out quickly. It’s as if they gave no thought at all to it.

Last edited:

So you think we should have stayed?

I think we should have left, I don't feel like its our job to baby sit another place. If your going to war then go to war, don't go and pull punchs. I think at some point the bad guys would have always tried to fight their way back after we left no matter who was POTUS.

I just think we left backwards and it could have been done better. No way to know if Trump would have been better or worse.

Reactions: AM64
Have you actually read the thread or are you making assumptions? Most people are concerned with the total failure of the troop withdrawal, leaving U.S. embassy officials exposed and in danger, than they are with the Taliban taking control. It's sad that the Taliban is just marching back in, but that's on the Afghanis. If they don't want it, they need to fight against it. We gave them weapons and "training". The problem is the Americans who are in danger because they haven't been properly protected. That comes down to a failure in planning by this administration.

Even if we establish a perimeter for the airfield, so much **** has fallen into the hands of the Taliban they could theoretically knock a plane down on takeoff. I would imagine we gave them zero AA weapons but a heavy MG or arty piece could lead to disaster. They will have no qualms about doing so, they will label anyone trying to leave an infidel or conspirator.

A lot of these people seem really scared, maybe now is the time to pick up a weapon and actually try to save your own life.
I'm optimistic they won't interfere with the evacuation. It would be counterintuitive. They want us gone. To attack while we're leaving is to invite us to come back. And let's face it, we've driven them out once already, no doubt we can do it again. It would come at too high a cost, but we could do it. So why provoke us? It wouldn't be logical, so let's just hope they use logic and don't act out of some religious zeal.

Reactions: Wireless1
I said earlier today that I would’ve had zero issue if we’d rounded up every high level al Qaeda operative and just put a bullet in their head before we left if they were just going to be released altogether. How does this happen? If they are specifically high ranking al qaeda officials on what planet does the CIA let them walk ? And if they no longer hold any value for intelligence, the only value they hold would be to either be put back in the terrorist world planning, staging or executing acts of terrorism for our enemies or they should have a bullet in their head and move on to the next one. I’m leaning execution.

But remember the obama gang (which included biden) wanted to try terrorists captured on the battleground in our court system like a guy who knocked over a 7-11.

I'm optimistic they won't interfere with the evacuation. It would be counterintuitive. They want us gone. To attack while we're leaving is to invite us to come back. And let's face it, we've driven them out once already, no doubt we can do it again. It would come at too high a cost, but we could do it. So why provoke us? It wouldn't be logical, so let's just hope they use logic and don't act out of some religious zeal.

I hope they will let our people leave in peace and not try to one up the U.S. After we get out it boils down to The taliban are willing to die for their country and the Afghan Army is not.

Hey we aren’t getting out in fact we’re getting the band back together and sending 6000 troops back in woohoo!!

This asswipe idiot POTUS is turning what should have been a planned orderly withdrawal into a clown show. Glad we’re leaving. Not glad people are needlessly gonna get killed and we are sending troops back because of this idiots incompetence.

Reactions: AM64
It's possible the big wigs are thinking this way, but the fact that there's gunfire very close to the airport indicates someone is trying to start something. I figured they would stay on the outskirts but they've rolled right into the city. The presidential palace is three miles from the airport, it seems like there's nothing stopping them from camping the airport and doing something awful.

Reactions: tntar heel and AM64
It's possible the big wigs are thinking this way, but the fact that there's gunfire very close to the airport indicates someone is trying to start something. I figured they would stay on the outskirts but they've rolled right into the city. The presidential palace is three miles from the airport, it seems like there's nothing stopping them from camping the airport and doing something awful.
I would say the gunfire is their way of suggesting they could do something, but are choosing not to. It's the little dog that puffs out his chest to act like a big dog.

I hope they will let our people leave in peace and not try to one up the U.S. After we get out it boils down to The taliban are willing to die for their country and the Afghan Army is not.
Not sure Afghanistan was anything more than a proxy war to boost the stock of defense contractors. They're the only people who got anything out of it.

Didn't know if this belonged in politics, basketball, or wrestling forums....mods move if needed tia!

We have no business in Hong Kong. That's a mess created by Britain.

Oh don't get me wrong, I posted it because I seen it post other places. I am of the mind we don't need to be anywhere.

Not sure Afghanistan was anything more than a proxy war to boost the stock of defense contractors. They're the only people who got anything out of it.

Which is a spit to the face of all those died and was harmed over there.

VN Store

Back