Tankers Attacked In Gulf: Price of Oil Up

Any yet no proof of.. well anything that I'm able to see
You're asking for a unicorn. You think we can follow thousands of oil tankers in every ocean and watch the Iranian boat put the mine on?

If video of them removing their mine isn't proof enough for you then I can't help you.

Reactions: AM64
It's funny that the first pictures/video gave an impression that it was a grainy night vision video. Now these new pictures look as though this boat had conspicuously done this in broad daylight.

In the stills from post 440 you have the boat against the ship in the upper left image. In the upper right image you have the outline of the limpet mine without it being present. And that still has a later time stamp in the upper right, maybe a half hour later? The lower left has nearly the same time stamp so the images were probably panned between quickly. This agrees with the timeline presented in the full motion video released earlier from the MQ-9.

I’d say it’s pretty clear that boat removed that object attached to the vessel.

Regardless this isn’t a valid reason for us to attack Iran. They didn’t attack us so no reason for us to attack them. And that being said I saw a banner about 1000 troops being sent to the region... dammit.

It's funny that the first pictures/video gave an impression that it was a grainy night vision video. Now these new pictures look as though this boat had conspicuously done this in broad daylight.
The first video was infrared imagery and there was in the video to clue time of day.

You're asking for a unicorn. You think we can follow thousands of oil tankers in every ocean and watch the Iranian boat put the mine on?

If video of them removing their mine isn't proof enough for you then I can't help you.

It's not really any more proof than the previous video. There is an odd picture of what appears to be an Iranian boat in open water. I'll assume that it is, but doesn't mean much without it being placed in the collage of other pictures.

If the purported story from the Japanese vessel proves to be wrong, I suppose the removing of a mine seems more suspicious than anything else.

Now if they can read the writing on a cigarette, maybe they could make out a face or two, no?

Last edited:
In the stills from post 440 you have the boat against the ship in the upper left image. In the upper right image you have the outline of the limpet mine without it being present. And that still has a later time stamp in the upper right, maybe a half hour later? The lower left has nearly the same time stamp so the images were probably panned between quickly. This agrees with the timeline presented in the full motion video released earlier from the MQ-9.

Regardless this isn’t a valid reason for us to attack Iran. They didn’t attack us so no reason for us to attack them. And that being said I saw a banner about 1000 troops being sent to the region... dammit.

What you say may be completely accurate, although I don't see that there is a good reference for where the damage is in comparison to where the boat was pulled up. Maybe there is..

Timestamps would be the easiest faked, but I'm not sure why we'd go through all the trouble to pin this on the Iranians in the first place, if it were not true. Yeah, it doesn't reach the war threshold.

I'm still filing this under plausible.

What you say may be completely accurate, although I don't see that there is a good reference for where the damage is in comparison to where the boat was pulled up. Maybe there is..

Timestamps would be the easiest faked, but I'm not sure why we'd go through all the trouble to pin this on the Iranians in the first place, if it were not true. Yeah, it doesn't reach the war threshold.
Stewie let’s just say I know exactly what I’m looking at in both the MQ-9 and SH-60R imagery. You’re simply incorrect in your modified time stamp theory. Regardless there is no basis in any of this for us to attack Iran

Stewie let’s just say I know exactly what I’m looking at in both the MQ-9 and SH-60R imagery. You’re simply incorrect in your modified time stamp Q theory. Regardless there is no basis in any of this for us to attack Iran

Take it from someone who could do it on grannies laptop. Your saying it can't be done, or wouldnt be done?

Take it from someone who could do it on grannies laptop. Your saying it can't be done, or wouldnt be done?
Anything could be faked video wise in this day and age. But there’s two different video streams that highly agree with each other. If this is fake Bolton has been working overtime.

Still no basis for us to attack Iran. Plenty of basis for us and the other powers to step up tanker protection and engage any would be attackers if they attack a vessel under their protection.

Reactions: AM64
Anything could be faked video wise in this day and age. But there’s two different video streams that highly agree with each other. If this is fake Bolton has been working overtime.

Still no basis for us to attack Iran. Plenty of basis for us and the other powers to step up tanker protection and engage any would be attackers if they attack a vessel under their protection.

At any rate I'll assume that there is more than just still frames and that the timestamps and telemetry match up.. And yeah, it does start to get into the Q dimension.

Honestly I'm proud of and a little surprised of the scepticism.

Russia is helping with the reactor and apparently NK or Pakis with the bomb design. What a nasty web this whole thing is becoming. We cannot allow Iran to have the bomb, but I do not know the answer. If they were real close I would figure Israel would attack, although the scope of the program seems much more difficult to attack than the Iraqi reactor years ago.

I just cannot understand what Russia would gain with helping them and setting off a nuclear arms race between Iran and SA.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: marcusluvsvols
If you are going to categorize this as a Trump lie, then you haven't been paying attention. Parties outside of Trump are pushing this narrative.

I remember the hard evidence the Bush team laid out as proof against Iraq. That turned out to be BS. The Gulf of Tonkin evidence was a lie that ultimately sent me packing. How many times do we have to get burned? I don't believe any of the bastards Right or Left. If most of our allies form a consensus that it was Iran and show us the money I might believe it.

Reactions: LouderVol
I remember the hard evidence the Bush team laid out as proof against Iraq. That turned out to be BS. The Gulf of Tonkin evidence was a lie that ultimately sent me packing. How many times do we have to get burned? I don't believe any of the bastards Right or Left. If most of our allies form a consensus that it was Iran and show us the money I might believe it.
If they want to proof 100% that it was Iran they need to produce some intelligence intercepts.

Russia is helping with the reactor and apparently NK or Pakis with the bomb design. What a nasty web this whole thing is becoming. We cannot allow Iran to have the bomb, but I do not know the answer. If they were real close I would figure Israel would attack, although the scope of the program seems much more difficult to attack than the Iraqi reactor years ago.

I just cannot understand what Russia would gain with helping them and setting off a nuclear arms race between Iran and SA.
I’m not worried about them getting the bomb. Israel will never let that happen.

So they only had infrared video initially? But now we have full color snap shots in broad daylight?
You’re trying too hard Ras. Both of those sensors carry multiple cameras. The first stream released was an HD infrared stream. The second stills were SD color visible. That’s just how it is 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: 82_VOL_83

While I agree they didn't attack us but the world also can't let these DA countries keep hitting oil tankers for no reason.

Get a NATO vote and go hit all their ships and come back home.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
In this particular situation, what purpose does infrared imaging serve during daylight hours?
In general the longer the wavelength of the camera the less sensitive it is to atmospherics like humidity, haze, and thermal affects(scintillation). Visible cameras operate in the 500-650 nanometer wavelength range. Infrared cameras operate at wavelengths longer than 1500 nm and generally have superior range in the presence of many atmospherics present in a mid latitude ocean environment.

TLDR version: they could probably see from father away in this case. Stop trying so hard Ras.

While I agree they didn't attack us but the world also can't let these DA countries keep hitting oil tankers for no reason.

Get a NATO vote and go hit all their ships and come back home.
I’m stumped that Japan is so pacifist on this. As long as they take it on the chin I say shrug this attack off but step up protection.

You’re trying too hard Ras. Both of those sensors carry multiple cameras. The first stream released was an HD infrared stream. The second stills were SD color visible. That’s just how it is 🤷‍♂️
What was the purpose of releasing the infrared photos? Unless they wanted to give the impression to the public that these were taken at night while the Iranians were sneaking up on a vessel...

VN Store

Back