TARGET Unveils Pride Collection That Includes LGBT Rainbow Onesies For Newborns

I find it fascinating that Target came out with an entire clothing line and campaign for LGBTQIA2S+ month to cater to a small fraction of their customers. If they thought it was beneficial to their business, so be it, but apparently it's going to cost them in the long run.
I personally don't care what they sell and would walk right by a pride display and never notice it, but if I ran the business, I wouldn't risk alienating any customer over something like a pride month display.

Reactions: rjd970
I find it fascinating that Target came out with an entire clothing line and campaign for LGBTQIA2S+ month to cater to a small fraction of their customers. If they thought it was beneficial to their business, so be it, but apparently it's going to cost them in the long run.
I personally don't care what they sell and would walk right by a pride display and never notice it, but if I ran the business, I wouldn't risk alienating any customer over something like a pride month display.

I think companies can grow so large and eventually you get executives in place worried more about some agenda rather than the bottom line.

What I don't understand is the outrage over LGBT merchandise primarily available during a 45-60 day period during a year. Like you, I avoid sections of a store which are of no interest to me. These pride displays hurt no one, so calls for boycott are bizarre.

I have no problem moving them out of the front of a store, either. Do what makes sense in your area. In today's society I suppose we have to avoid triggering folks.

Reactions: volinbham
I have no problem moving them out of the front of a store, either. Do what makes sense in your area. In today's society I suppose we have to avoid triggering folks.

I think this pretty much sums it up. At Target in middle Alabama, it probably wouldn't be a good idea to put a big LGBT display as you walk into the front door and maybe not anywhere in the store. You would think that these "marketing geniuses" would know the demographic of each area they operate in and adjust accordingly.

Reactions: tbwhhs
I think this pretty much sums it up. At Target in middle Alabama, it probably wouldn't be a good idea to put a big LGBT display as you walk into the front door and maybe not anywhere in the store. You would think that these "marketing geniuses" would know the demographic of each area they operate in and adjust accordingly.

I’ve seen this at play. Some project team works on this and one person offers up this PRIDE idea. There are 10 people in the group and 9 of them think this is dumb. Which one of the 9 making a very comfortable living speaks up and offends the Alphabet person?

Reactions: GroverCleveland
I’ve seen this at play. Some project team works on this and one person offers up this PRIDE idea. There are 10 people in the group and 9 of them think this is dumb. Which one of the 9 making a very comfortable living speaks up and offends the Alphabet person?
That would be me, management didn't like me because I spoke my mind, hence my banning from management forever and ever because I didn't toe the line.

Reactions: GroverCleveland
That would be me, management didn't like me because I spoke my mind, hence my banning from management forever and ever because I didn't toe the line.

I don’t disbelieve you. Most people aren’t that way. They enjoy their corporate gig and comfy life at the expense of keeping their mouth shut.

Target CEO says Woke Capitalism 'great' For Their Brand and 'the Right Thing For Society'

Target's CEO said in a recent interview that "woke" capitalism is "great" for their brand and "the right thing for society," but with the corporation's image and bottom line at stake, the retail chain seems to have changed its tune.

Target CEO Brian Cornell made the comment during an interview on Fortune’s "Leadership Next" podcast on May 17, days before the retail chain became the target of outrage from customers and online backlash over its June Pride month collection this year, which includes "tuck friendly" women's bathing suits for transgender people, "gender fluid" mugs, and LGBTQ rainbow-themed clothing for children.

Cornell was asked to address the backlash to "woke" corporate campaigns, which has caused an uproar among conservative consumers and recently embroiled brands like Bud Light, Nike and Disney.

"I think those are just good business decisions, and it’s the right thing for society, and it’s the great thing for our brand," Cornell said.

Target CEO says woke capitalism 'great' for their brand and 'the right thing for society'

I'm not buying this rationale from Target - sounds like they are trying to avoid backlash from the left by claiming it's a response to violence. I have a feeling this will just make matters worse for them as people are tired of their opinions being labeled violence.

New YorkCNN —
Target on Wednesday said it was removing some products that celebrate Pride Month after the company and its employes became the focus of a “volatile” anti-LGBTQ campaign.
The company said threats against employees impacted their sense of safety and well-being, but Target did not specify which products it was removing, the nature of the threats, or where they occurred. Target said it removed from shelves “items that have been at the center of the most significant confrontational behavior.”

Target Removes Pride Items from Satanist Designer After Backlash

satan-respects-pronouns-640x480.jpg

Target has removed “pride” themed items associated with the satanist designer Abprallen due to the backlash it has since received over the partnership.

Target’s pride collection has remained the subject of criticism following its rollout, as it offers an array of items for children and babies as well as transgender swimsuits for adults with “tuck-friendly” and “light-binding” effects. But in the midst of the pride-themed onesies, socks, shoes, and swimsuits were at least two items by the U.K.-based designer Abprallen. The individual behind the brand identifies as a transgender gay man — a biological woman attracted to males — and satanist, even paying homage to the satanic figure Baphomet and asserting that “Satan respects pronouns.” While that design was not offered at Target stores, the woke company offered two designs from the designer — a top reading “Cure Transphobia Not Trans People” and a tote bag reading “Too Queer for Here.” Sen. Tom Cotton (R-AR) was among those who criticized Target’s decision to push this agenda.

Target Removes Pride Items from Satanist Designer After Backlash

Reactions: NCFisher
Sure, it does. It's illegal for minors to consume cigarettes and alcohol. It's not illegal for a minor to be gay.

Try again.

They're illegal because it's detrimental for undeveloped humans to make such choices for themselves. Or for parents to.

The same should be said for puberty blockers, gender surgery, and the education system allowing - even encouraging - minors to doubt their sexuality without psychological input and without parent's approval, and assuming a double life at school.

Reactions: allvol123
Kids learns from day one (just think of every classic Disney princess film) that men and women fall in love and form loving families. That's learning about sexual orientation. That's advancing a particular traditional ideology. Why can't kids learn that men and men and women and women can do the same thing? That's reality, isn't it? That's what they see in the world, so they'll have questions about it. That doesn't mean it's going to make them gay or trans. Do you think you can be made gay or trans simply by learning about the full scope of how people form loving relationships with other people? And nothing about this has to be "sexual." Certainly a rainbow flag shirt isn't sexual.

Twisted rationale

I'm not buying this rationale from Target - sounds like they are trying to avoid backlash from the left by claiming it's a response to violence. I have a feeling this will just make matters worse for them as people are tired of their opinions being labeled violence.

New YorkCNN —
Target on Wednesday said it was removing some products that celebrate Pride Month after the company and its employes became the focus of a “volatile” anti-LGBTQ campaign.
The company said threats against employees impacted their sense of safety and well-being, but Target did not specify which products it was removing, the nature of the threats, or where they occurred. Target said it removed from shelves “items that have been at the center of the most significant confrontational behavior.”

Not worried; I assme Biden/Garland stand ready to apply domestic terrorism response teams to Target stores when not trolling schools for dangerous parents.

VN Store

Back