Tearing Down the Goal Posts

You can tear the goal post down as long as you hit nick in the head with it when we beat bama rather than that no we are TENNESSEE we dont tear down goal posts down other do when they beat the BIG ORANGE TENNESSEE.

yep, it was spur of the moment. people was not talking about running the field july 16th, 1998. I still didn't like it. I'm kind of proud we never rushed the basketball court even when we have had huge wins.

I laughed at the fans that rushed the field against us in 2005

When I was a student, we beat Kentucky and rushed the floor. I dont remember what year (97-02) but I was there and participated.

I would like to respect our tradition and place in college football. Sure we are down, but tearing down the goal posts at any game suggests the other team was better. I don't want to give any rival the slightest acknowledgement. Act like you have been there before. We have, and we are coming back.

On a different level but funny nonetheless, in 1987 ECU played at NC State in Raleigh and won. Their fans stormed the field and tore down the goal posts in NC State's stadium. The series was suspended after the incident until 1996.

Had to be 1999, but I think that one was ok because we won the SEC East.

I wasn't a basketball fan then. I regret not going to more bball games now (although I never missed a football game during my time there). I was there because I was required to do color guard with Army ROTC but we got floor seats, so I didn't complain.

SIAP but this thread really isn't complete with out this photo.

Last time TN tore down the Goal Posts TN won the national title that season. Can't be bad right?

Pandemonium-Reigns-1998_crop_650x440.jpg

Pandemonium Reigns!

VN Store

Back