Tearing Down the Goal Posts

I once saw Rod Wilks uproot a goalpost and use it as a toothpick.

Jimmy tore down the goalpost yesterday for winning the BCS NC.

ESPN tore down our goalpost b/c they hate us.

I heard Dave Hart was going to get rid of the goalpost and have Gruden just stand there with his hands up in the air.

That's all I got.

Haha i like it.

If we beat Alabama in the SEC Championship Game I think the Georgia Dome's goalposts should come down immediately.

We haven't been bad long enough to warrant tearing down goal posts. We haven't been "not been to a bowl in 30 years" bad.

As much as the scene was great, personally I didn't like we tore down the goal posts against UF in 1998. I liked it better when teams tore down their goalposts after beating us.

We haven't been bad long enough to warrant tearing down goal posts. We haven't been "not been to a bowl in 30 years" bad.

As much as the scene was great, personally I didn't like we tore down the goal posts against UF in 1998. I liked it better when teams tore down their goalposts after beating us.

Come agian

Come agian

I mean when programs saw beating us as a big deal. LSU in 2000 tore down theirs after beating us, Georgia did as well. I'm sure if the 2005 Vandy game had been at Vandy, they would have torn down the goal posts (assuming enough VU fans were there to do so).

If your gonna tear down the goal posts in the swamp, you might as well wear a "Trayvon's a Thug" T-Shirt so you will have the ultimate target on your back.

Don't be Miami! Celebrate but don't disrespect an opponents home field!

I don't believe we should ever rush the field, unless we were down by 30 against the #1 team and we came back to win or something similar. But I can see why ppl wanna do it, and i would be right in the middle of it if I was there. Do any of y'all that rushed the field against UF in 98 regret it? Prob not

I will storm the field if we upset Bama. I want to see their fans cry. It brings me joy.

disaster-girl.jpg

Reactions: 2 people
Terrible idea no matter who we beat ever. People have been seriously injured. It is stupid and childish.

Not only that, but it makes it look as though we have never been there before. As Tennessee football rises back to the top, we shouldn't do such childish things.

I don't know if it's been posted already or not but I really think we should act like we have been there before.

No, I did not like it in 1998 against Florida. We had as much if not more talent then the Gators, we won the NC. We don't have to act like we have been there...we have been there.

SIAP but this thread really isn't complete with out this photo.

Last time TN tore down the Goal Posts TN won the national title that season. Can't be bad right?

Pandemonium-Reigns-1998_crop_650x440.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back