Tenn Fans: How would you grade your position units Nationally? (from a Duck)

DucksflyinPAC

Vols, could you please grade out your positions for me, from last year to expected this year to compare/contrast if better/worse please. I confess, I do not know anyone on your 2013 team and how you stack up. I will do the same for my Ducks, being completely unbiased(taking my green/yellow glasses off). Please do the same with your team. And do not let the haters tell you, you do not have a chance against Oregon, as you do. As coaching/motivation/passion/gameplan/system all has just as much, if not more to play then player unit talent, I do agree. Please just be honest in your evaluations of talent groupings. And do not give a total "A" unless that unit (that whole group) is perfect. You will see that I am ranking my units under-ranked maybe at times.

IMO, how my Ducks Rank Nationally vs all the other 120+ teams position by position. Please use this same outline perhaps if you desire to share with me your team:

OREGON:

Offense:
QB: Last year B+
This year A-(though this is just our starter)
O-line: Last year B
This year B+
TE: Last year B
This year B
WR: Last year C-
This year B-
RB: Last year B+
This year B (though we are thin of depth)

Defense:
D-line: Last year B
This year B
LB'ers: Last year B+
This year D (in time they may prove me wrong though)
DB: Last year B(even though lead Nation in interceptions)
This year A-(even though been called best in Nation by almost all sports writers)

Kickers Last year D
Kickers This year D+

Coaching:

Coaching System Last year A
This year A-(ie exact same system)
Coaching play calling Last year A-
This year- Jury is still out, no one knows???

Keep in mind, I am ranking my units to everyone, Bama-LSU ect, and with every other team Nationally.
Some Ducks may think I am being too hard on some units, but that is just my humble honest opinion/Nationally.

Vols: Please rate your units for me. Thanks!
And VOl FREAK: Thank You Sir

Reactions: 1 person
Hard to say. At this point, the grades would be based on what the team did last year under the worst head coach in program history and what they did last week against a high school team. I can't see grading anyone until after the WKU game.

Reactions: 2 people
Hard to say. At this point, the grades would be based on what the team did last year under the worst head coach in program history and what they did last week against a high school team. I can't see grading anyone until after the WKU game.

I'd have to agree with this. If by last year grade standards we would technically be "getting held back a year"

Reactions: 1 person
Offense - C (due to the unknown ability or lack there of at this point in the season)
Defense - C+ (has talent but very thin at depth and has a weak secondary)
Special Teams - D

What are the minimum number of posts required to start a thread? I'm not suggesting it is a bad post, but OP doesn't appear to have been here long.

Edit: I see a thanks to Freak, maybe this is an exception.

Last edited:
QB- C+ (inexperienced)
WR- C+ (young with potential)
RB- B- (average veterans)
OL- A (quality veterans)
TE- B- (don't know too much yet)
K- B- (has his ups and downs)

DL- B
LB- B-
DB- C

I really believe Oregon is going to win this one. That said, after we win the rest of our games and beat Ole Miss in the SECCG and Oregon wins out in the Pac12, we'll be whipping they a$$ in the last BCS National Championship. Bookend BCS National Championships 'cause Fulmer got it and now Butch gets it.

I'd agree with Catbone. I would say that if you're going to split your WR from the TE you should split the Safeties from the CBs.

CB - C. D if we take an injury.
S - B+. B- if we take an injury but we can't afford 2.

I really believe Oregon is going to win this one. That said, after we win the rest of our games and beat Ole Miss in the SECCG and Oregon wins out in the Pac12, we'll be whipping they a$$ in the last BCS National Championship. Bookend BCS National Championships 'cause Fulmer got it and now Butch gets it.

Please pass the joint, man.

OREGON:

Offense:
QB: Last year A-
This year B -
O-line: Last year B+
This year A
TE: Last year B+
This year C+
WR: Last year A
This year C-
RB: Last year B
This year B +

Defense:
D-line: Last year F
This year B
LB'ers: Last year F
This year A
DB: Last year F
This year C+ and will grow into B, IMO

Kickers Last year B
Kickers This year A

Coaching:

Coaching System Last year F
This year B+
Coaching play calling Last year F
This year- Jury is still out here too

well we had such a badly coached defense last year it is really hard to grade this team this year.
I firmly believe if we had kept coach wilcox and stayed in the 4-3 we would have been a 9-10 win team.
Our offense last year was one of the best in the SEC. Our defense was the worst.

so I cant really give you much to go on as we don't know what we have yet, the game with you guys will be the first time we really have a chance to get a real idea of what this team is made of.
offense last year b+
this year - Unknown
OL last year A.
this year A
RB last year B
this year its the same guys in a different system and we hope the running game will be much improved.
TE's last year b+
this year unknown
WR's last year A
this year unknown we lost all of our starting recievers.

Defense last year F was the worst in our history
this year we have nowhere to go but up and I believe we will be greatly improved and be a c+ to B+ but its really still up in the air.

special teams last year where at best a C
this we hope to see a drastic improvement but once again we just don't know yet.

sorry I couldn't be of more help but it boils down to how are young talent performs. Our OL and DL will be very good but the rest is still unknown.

However I do believe we are a team with a completely different attitude and work ethic and if Oregon overlooks us you could be in for a very long day and possibly lose.

I think we will be a much better team then you would expect looking at last years 5-7 record.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back