Tennesse 51 point favorite over Austin Peay

photovol

I just saw on one poll that the Vols are a 51 Point favorite over Austin Peay, I hope we cover.

I seriously feel sorry for the guys playing for AP, they are going to get beaten down, it won't be good for their confidence. Not the way to start a season....

Reactions: 1 person
I'm not really into sports betting, but even if I were, I couldn't see the point in betting on games like this. At 50+ points, you're basically betting on Butch Jones will let up or not.

I'd agree with apsuhead that Austin Peay is probably the worst team to come to Neyland --- at least in the past 30 years. Even for a FCS / I-AA, they are pretty terrible. They were 2-9 last year, and one of their wins was against a "cupcake" from NAIA Division II.

Our 3rd team could cover half that spread and probably beat WK next week, so I say save the power guys till Oregon!!

It's gonna be good practice for our backups. These next two games will help us build depth

I seriously feel sorry for the guys playing for AP, they are going to get beaten down, it won't be good for their confidence. Not the way to start a season....

The sad thing about it is that the higher ups at these small schools don't care about their student athlete's, all they see is money signs. If we schedule this sec team we'll make a ton of money. Yeah but what about the kids? screw the kids. lol

I hope no injuries occur. I think we'll see Nathan Peterman early in the third quarter.

The reality is that schools like AP get a check for playing a school like Tennessee. That's where schools like AP get their funding. Sad, but true.l

Your right, but i'm sure they are used to it. Like central Michigan, central florida, and the likes.

But it still sucks for them. Their university reaps a good paycheck and they get their a$$ kicked...mentally and physically.

I'm sorry, but I'll take AP and the points. 51 is a lot and we're not even sure what we're working with yet, so I'll take the bet and hope TN makes it through healthy.

Reactions: 3 people
The reality is that schools like AP get a check for playing a school like Tennessee. That's where schools like AP get their funding. Sad, but true.l

Whatever, these kids get a chance to run onto the field at Neyland Stadium and maybe even run into the checkerboards. I'll suit up right now and take an ass beating for less than that.

Playing in Neyland will probably be the highlight of their football lives!

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 people
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the state keeping money in house by this matchup. Isn't AP a state run school?

Does ap play candy next week?? I think that's right and if so, wow, they gone be sore by week 3 through 12. Lol
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Careful.

I was working for Delta Air Lines in Atlanta when the Falcons began, There was a fellow employee who would bet on anything. He was a major braggart. For the Falcons' very 1st game, someone offered him the Falcons and 50 points against Green Bay. Who wouldn't take any NFL team and 50? He was rough on the guy for 2 weeks. He constantly bragged how he had a sure thing. I will never forget the score: Green Bay 56 - Atlanta 3. That's one reason I don't bet on sure things.

VN Store

Back