Tennesse 51 point favorite over Austin Peay

No way Butch allows his team to hang 50 on AP. There's no point to it. Need reps for backups.

His Cincinnati team put 50 on them and added 22 more.
Besides, he probably knows our boys need to have some fun after a hellish spring and summer camp. So he's not going to tell his 2nd and 3rd string to not score.

I'm sure we will see a big time win... but I would take that bet ALL DAY. I would be willing to bet big money that AP covers that spread.

Reactions: 1 person
Well....Koolaider here but I usually hold out hope long after most have done exactly what you said.

Gotta admit tho...I was on the lane train and dooley short bus WAY too long.

Don't feel too bad as I was right there with you. Was not convinced we needed to get rid of Dooley until the Missouri game. I'm ashamed

Reactions: 1 person
The reality is that schools like AP get a check for playing a school like Tennessee. That's where schools like AP get their funding. Sad, but true.l

Exactly, anytime a school plays a D-II team, they pay almost their whole athletic budget. Dooley as an AD at La Tech created a lot of funding that way.

I'm not a betting man. I was just pointing out how crazy of a spread that is. Is Austin Peay the actual worst team that's ever come into Neyland?

Pretty sure we COULD cover easily, but I doubt we do. Butch gonna be working this like a scrimmage.

Sucker bet. Flying out there next week, I'll file a complaint with Ace Rothstein.

This guy bets you won't

C7C9699C-3CE8-43F1-A893-EF4777CED921-5719-0000046E58FA6ACD_zpsf58e7695.jpg

TN may put up Basketball Numbers.....so instead of even worrying about that, I'm going to root for the goose egg....

I just hope we get some efficiency in our running game. Don't care if we win by 70 or 30.

VN Store

Back