*****Tennessee Football Coaching Search BIG BOARD [updated 12.4 10:47 am]

Simonton just said on 102.5 Nashville gut feeling is Freeze

Would be a great hire! Don't care if he is here only a year although I would certainly hope for two or three. Tennessee needs an infusion of excitement, energy and hope. Freeze makes TN's offense better now. In my opinion, He is far and away the best candidate currently available. The fact that TN would have a coach on the sideline who has beaten Saban head to head twice provides immediate excitement and hope for TN football. Weinke and Friend can learn from one of the best offensive minds in the country.

GO VOLS!!!

If I'm setting odds on most likely:

1. Will Friend/Weinke/Niedermeyer/Osovet. Pruitt reorganizing his staff in some way and promoting from within is overwhelmingly likely.
2. Chip Lindsey
3. Dan Enos

Long shots:
Freddie Kitchens
Bryan McClendon

No chance:
Freeze
Kingsbury

I would have agreed 100% a few days ago. I still dont think its likely we end up with Freeze, but after everything that has gone on and been reported, I don't get how you say "No Chance" . Seems there is a "chance" right now.

I would agreed 100% a few days ago. I still do t think its likely we end up with Freeze, but after everything that has gone on and been reported, I don't get how you say "No Chance" . Seems there is a "chance" tight now.
I know, the situation seems to have changed. I still think Freeze is less likely than Lindsey or Enos, and Lindsey might be #1 at this point instead of a promotion from within.

A promotion from within is still entirely possible if Pruitt whiffs on Freeze and Lindsey though.

I really thought people were setting themselves up for a Gruden-style letdown with Freeze - getting your hopes up about a coach that was never even considered by the admin, but that clearly hasn't happened.

Reactions: Behr
I know, the situation seems to have changed. I still think Freeze is less likely than Lindsey or Enos, and Lindsey might be #1 at this point instead of a promotion from within.

A promotion from within is still entirely possible if Pruitt whiffs on Freeze and Lindsey though.

I really thought people were setting themselves up for a Gruden-style letdown with Freeze - getting your hopes up about a coach that was never even considered by the admin, but that clearly hasn't happened.

Dude, I'm sorry. I didn't notice that was from Monday. I guess I've missed reading this thread and didn't notice.

Makes sense.

I feel like if Lindsey and other names are still in the mix then freeze isn't happening.
Depends on if Locksley goes to Maryland or not. If the Alabama OC job doesn't become vacant, it sounds like there actually is a decent chance Freeze could come here, which I didn't think was possible a few days ago.

That's why Pruitt has to talk to Lindsey/Enos/etc. and keep them in the mix.

Depends on if Locksley goes to Maryland or not. If the Alabama OC job doesn't become vacant, it sounds like there actually is a decent chance Freeze could come here, which I didn't think was possible a few days ago.

That's why Pruitt has to talk to Lindsey/Enos/etc. and keep them in the mix.
I know, and that's why I don't like our chances. Of course Bama gets whatever they want.

141531-cameras-feature-unexplained-mysteries-and-paranormal-events-image1-trcpcb6kjk.jpg

Reactions: ugg

VN Store

Back