*****Tennessee Football Coaching Search BIG BOARD [updated 12.4 10:47 am]

Gill is stepping down due to a heart condition his wife is plagued with.

Freeze is mentioned as a possible hire there due to previous connection with the AD. Art Briles is also mentioned.

Didnt see this anywhere but could have missed it. Please merge if necessary mods. Brice said if a deal with Freeze isn't finalized very soon, he was told the search would reset. Seems to coincide with what Austin Price said as well. TIFWIW

If the AU powers that be want Hugh Freeze, the money will not be an issue. They changed Malzahn's contract. They can change it again.
Gus' supposedly new contract is fiction I think. He certainly hasn't signed one yet and why would he sign a new contract that lowers his buyout? He and Freeze play a bunch of golf together, I think that's where Freeze ultimately ends up even though as recently as late last night I thought we had him locked up. Lindsay suddenly leaving out to go to Kansas and not, wtf, means something is amiss down on the plains.

If you freeze ends up at Auburn Bama or FSU I will be so pissed!!! He is by far the best choice out there

Saving grace IF we don't get Freeze IS he'll be a HC again soon and if he won't stay at least 2 years it could hurt more than help.

Reactions: malinoisvol
If you freeze ends up at Auburn Bama or FSU I will be so pissed!!! He is by far the best choice out there

Well, if we don't get Freeze, I believe there's a good reason and a purpose for it. If we wanted him, I think we would have him.

Sometimes you not only have to look at the ability of a person, but also the personality. If the personality isn't a good fit, it wouldn't work. JMO

Gill is stepping down due to a heart condition his wife is plagued with.

Freeze is mentioned as a possible hire there due to previous connection with the AD. Art Briles is also mentioned.
No way Art Briles ever sees a college sideline again. That would be PR suicide hiring that guy

Pruitt is such a green head coach, he has never had to make a hire like this before. Lesson he’s gonna have to learn. You snooze you lose.

I dont really blame Pruitt/Fulmer. Its their bosses. I know Boyd came out and said he and the BoT aren't interfering with the hire but most of us know thats complete BS.

If history has taught us anything, this is the likely scenario.
Meaning he won’t make it to year 3??? Do we really think Fulmer will possibly scree this up bad enough that JP decides he’s seen enough of this sh-t show and leaves????

VN Store

Back