*****Tennessee Football Coaching Search BIG BOARD [updated 12.4 10:47 am]

lol, I got a two-fer at school once. I managed to fly a paper airplane from my class into another and both teachers hauled me out where both classes could see and took turns with the paddle. I always thought that was a little much for the offense but I guess they wanted to nip that **** in the bud.

So do you have a fear of flying to this day or something? lol

If we have been eliminated from the freeze sweepstakes. I would say now we are moving on to

Enos - Bama
Drinkwitz- NC State
Canada - Maryland (If Locksley is hired)

I think Maryland keeps Canada...Locksley is a good coordinator, may not be head coach material.

With a paddle with holes drilled in it, made it more aerodynamic, hehe!
Jeebus. Anyone else out there remember Mr. Reynolds the gym teacher at Lipscomb Elementary in Brentwood? He had a paddle like that and when we got too loud he would pound on the wooden bleachers while we were all sitting there. The shockwave was like he was paddling 100 kids at once. 'Gonna burn your butt!'

Are we really gonna lay a big fat turd on hiring an OC? Who was it on this forum that said "we don't do home run hires. We do bunts and strike outs!" Kudos to you sir. Appearing to be spot on as this painfully trudges along.

No truth to these rumors. The girl was asked to change her shirt that was against school dress code and policy. People trying to dig up anything. Not say you are but those rumors are weak.
Context much?.........Allegedly in Freeze's office so he could keep the shirt. Also supposedly did "detailed" skirt length checks and parking lot lurked another girl. It wouldn't take too much to get a couple of "BFF's" to corroborate the shirt change and the lurking in the parking lot. I'm just saying that truth or no, we don't need that kind of scrutiny after our own issues with Title IX.

***Yeah, weird stuff happening***

No idea. I'd imagine not. But the story is from like 20 years ago or something (although that sounds almost too recent for paddling).
The shirt incident chick is, or was 27 at the time of the article I wrote.

Just google Briarcrest Freeze incident

Last edited:
Why must we continuously be embarrassed by our inept University and seen as the laughing stock of college football? I'm tired of being the butt of every schools jokes and a perennial cellar dweller.

You're hanging around and listening to the wrong people. Toughen up.

Whether you like it or not, Tennessee is right to be thoughtful, to investigate, and to protect its brand. If the creepy Briarcrest stories are true and they are coupled with the issues reported while he was at Ole Miss , this appears to be a risky hire that could adversely effect the Vols, especially in recruiting. Look, he seems to be a good Xs and Os coach, I get that. But just because he beat Alabama a couple of times does not mean he walks on water. The juice may not be worth the squeeze with this guy.

I trust UT's coach and AD to make a good choice on this hire. There is no deadline that they've missed and this choice is one they shouldn't rush into.

Reactions: VolInNorthCack
Jeebus. Anyone else out there remember Mr. Reynolds the gym teacher at Lipscomb Elementary in Brentwood? He had a paddle like that and when we got too loud he would pound on the wooden bleachers while we were all sitting there. The shockwave was like he was paddling 100 kids at once. 'Gonna burn your butt!'
What years were you there?

You're hanging around and listening to the wrong people. Toughen up.

Whether you like it or not, Tennessee is right to be thoughtful, to investigate, and to protect its brand. If the creepy Briarcrest stories are true and they are coupled with the issues reported while he was at Ole Miss , this appears to be a risky hire that could adversely effect the Vols, especially in recruiting. Look, he seems to be a good Xs and Os coach, I get that. But just because he beat Alabama a couple of times does not mean he walks on water. The juice may not be worth the squeeze with this guy.

I trust UT's coach and AD to make a good choice on this hire. There is no deadline that they've missed and this choice is one they shouldn't rush into.

The point is, ALL of this should have already been vetted long before now. You think Helton leaving was news to this staff as of last week? They've known for quite a while that Helton wasn't returning next season! This story about Briarcrest came out last year. A simple Google search would have unearthed this for anyone who was doing do dilligence on Freeze's background. I dont begrudge the university for vetting Freeze. But this should've already happened. It's just yet another example of incompetence that our university has shown.

VN Store

Back