*****Tennessee Football Coaching Search BIG BOARD [updated 12.4 10:47 am]

Greg Roman, Joe Osovet, Steve Sarkisian, Derek Dooley, Eliah Drinkwitz, Jeff Scott, Eddie Gran, Phil Longo, Larry Fedora, Chris Wienke, Mike Sanford, Rush Propst and dozens of other guys most people have never heard of from JUCO and FCS ranks.
Weinke is a solid OC hire?

All of those guys you named aren’t actively available.....

Also, what about Propst screams solid hire?

Smh.....

Smh.....

They are all decent playcallers. Please explain how the game of football changes from Highschool, College, and NFL. If you can coach one. you can coach them all. Probst is more qualified as an OC than alot of people on that list. The dude has been Dominant for 20 years!! at TWO different highschools. You dont do that unless you can flat out coach ball.

Smh.....
I think I’ve been pretty clear about this over the past couple days, but I just don’t think there’s a huge difference between guys like Canada and guys like Propst other than name recognition. I doubt that Canada knows anything about offense that Propst or Weinke haven’t heard of. Football is just not that complicated. If a guy knows football and is a good leader of men, creative, and committed to excellence I think he’ll do a good job regardless of whether or not I have to google him.

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ....

And this folks contains the name of the new OC, with the letters of that name in no certain order and some may be used more than once...

Most accurate and factual coaching "insider" information I am able to provide. When my "solid source" texts me more info, I will share accordingly. Go Vols!

Reactions: MADISONGAVOL
To not aggressively pursue Briles or Yurcich, Pruitt must have a real gem of an OC on the hook.

If it came po it that Pruitt just kinda forgot to hire someone.. I'd probably laugh a lot just simply because of the last decade.

They are all decent playcallers. Please explain how the game of football changes from Highschool, College, and NFL. If you can coach one. you can coach them all. Probst is more qualified as an OC than alot of people on that list. The dude has been Dominant for 20 years!! at TWO different highschools. You dont do that unless you can flat out coach ball.
Why do some coaches fail when they come to the SEC from other conferences? Its not as simple as you make it out to be.

Freezing cold take.

CJP and the AD have known since October or early November that they wern't keeping Helton, no excuse for this to STILL be going on this late in December. No wonder we are laughed at daily.

Don't wanna, but cannot help agreeing. What in the name of Slim Pickens is going on around here?

Here are all the names I have heard mentioned or discussed. I’m not sure who it is going to be at this point.

Interviewed:

H. Freeze - Liberty HC❎
C. Lindsey - Kansas OC❎
D. Enos - Bama OC❎
E. Drinkwitz - AP State HC❎
K. Briles - FSU??
M. Yurcich - OK State OC

Current OC’s
J. Chaney - GA
B. McClendon - USCe
D. Dooley - Mizzou
J. Scott - Clemson
D. Dickey - A&M
G. Quarles - Furman
C. Long - ND
R. Lashlee - SMU
M. Canada - MD?

NFL guys:
S. Sarkisian - ATL
F. Kitchens - CLE
J. Cooter - DET

QB Coaches:
B. Streeter - Clemson
J. Lebby- UCF

Promote Within:
J. Osevet
C. Weinke
W. Friend
J. Lilly

HS Coaches:
R. Probst
J. Niblett

The Orange Throat update in Basilio's blog today says that the coach who CJP and ADPF thought they had a deal with (presumably the guy with whom it was 95% done) was Yurich, only he turned the job down. The blog post says that Helton was mistreated and he is telling his side of the story to whomever asks. Also suggests that ADPF is a buttinski on offense. Add in our lack of talent and the only thing we have going for us is the ability to write a big check, which means (my opinion not part of the blog) that we're going to have to overpay for whomever we get.

The Orange Throat update in Basilio's blog today says that the coach who CJP and ADPF thought they had a deal with (presumably the guy with whom it was 95% done) was Yurich, only he turned the job down. The blog post says that Helton was mistreated and he is telling his side of the story to whomever asks. Also suggests that ADPF is a buttinski on offense. Add in our lack of talent and the only thing we have going for us is the ability to write a big check, which means (my opinion not part of the blog) that we're going to have to overpay for whomever we get.
Oh gee the sky is falling. TB is just trying to sell subscriptions. its clear no one knows whats happening.

Mistreated? Over-ruled and minimized, probably. It is very possible that Helton wanted to run an offense that Pruitt doesn't believe will be successful in the SEC and was constantly second guessed. The question would be then, why would Pruitt have hired him in the first place?

VN Store

Back