*****Tennessee Football Coaching Search BIG BOARD [updated 12.4 10:47 am]

Just like our last four head coach searches. Oh wait....
I didn’t say for the best lol. But it will work out.

We could have a guy locked down and we might be scraping the bottom of the barrel.

I used to get excited and hope for the best hire. Now I just have lost interest.

Actually if you're going to use that tenuous report then it was 2 coaches Briles wanted to bring. That is definitely something a HC who is not in danger of being fired in his first year has to think about. It's why fsu makes a lot of sense

Pruitt may not be fired anytime soon but he’s reducing his chances at success and long term employment.

Dozens and dozens of good OCs out there... people getting all worked up for nothing, IMO.
Actually, 118 FCS OC’s ran offenses statistically better than ours in terms of total yards and points per game. So, on the positive side, there are many to choose from if we go the college OC route. I’m still thinking Jim Bob and Cooter.

Reactions: bpalmer28
I am starting to wonder what really is going on with the search. Listening to Austin Price on the Swain show he states that we interviewed Briles, Lebby, and Yurich last week. Kind of goes against what is being told by Matthews.

According to Basilio: Briles died because they wouldn't let him bring his OL coach because of Friend, They offered Chaney the job on Sunday and he turned them down, Yurich is looking like a no go. This is officially a dumpster fire of a OC search.

Briles was willing to be here, but now he’ll go to FSU and be under a coach already on the hot seat.

I wouldn't buy into much into this article. Nobody knows how RECENT Pruitt talked to the recruit. This could have been when Kliff Kingsbury was still in the hunt.

No, Henderson is a new target. Just visited him yesterday. And all oc targets point to this. Freeze, Briles, Yurcich.

According to Basilio: Briles died because they wouldn't let him bring his OL coach because of Friend, They offered Chaney the job on Sunday and he turned them down, Yurich is looking like a no go. This is officially a dumpster fire of a OC search.
Basilio, of Lovie Smith fame?

OK.

Reactions: onevol74
I'm not the protesting or meltdown type, but I will not be happy if that happens and Pruitt will have a second strike on my personal report card for him. **Not that it matters and any cares what I think.

Behr, what is your first strike? He is on strike one with me, too. He can't buddy this hire......

I said this before but there is literally 0 news leaking on this. I am not really sure what to believe. Have we really ran down the list of 5-6 guys? Or do we have our guy and just cannot announce yet? Very strange search for sure.

Doesn't matter, IMO, as long as we end up with a good OC. Doesn't have to be a well-known guy or a guy with experience on a big stage. Lots of options out there. We'll be fine.

Honestly, I think we could promote Weinke or Osovet and be fine but I still doubt that Pruitt will promote from within, especially this late in the game. Think he'd of already done so if he thought they were ready.

Reactions: columbia vol
Doesn't matter, IMO, as long as we end up with a good OC. Doesn't have to be a well-known guy or a guy with experience on a big stage. Lots of options out there. We'll be fine.

Honestly, I think we could promote Weinke or Osovet and be fine but I still doubt that Pruitt will promote from within, especially this late in the game. Think he'd of already done so if he thought they were ready.

Outside of Canada, there isn't a current good OC out there that is available. Can't believe this circus.

VN Store

Back