Tennessee Lady Vol News

I think Jillian has the potential to be in conversation to make end of season teams if she has progressed like I think she has. Those videos have her looking like she's shed even more weight/replaced it with muscle. And is very streaky/fluid. Cannot wait to see her this season.

I will be in Knoxville tomorrow with my High School squad for the UT women’s Elite camp. I can’t wait to see the Women’s Hall of Fame, I’ve never been and only heard great things about it! I’m super excited to finally meet Kellie Harper and the team as well. Any good places to eat and shop in Knoxville?

For BBQ:
Sweet Peas
3725 Maryville Pike, Knoxville, TN 37920 (Originall location)
Downtown location: 410 W Jackson Ave, Knoxville, TN 37902

For ribs:
Calhouns on the River

Shopping at Orange Mountain Designs,,,of course
The Orange Mountains Designs

Reactions: Mr.Pivot
Kea is so innocent. She like oh what I do wrong 😆
Defensive. Said so herself, said that's what got her in trouble last year. Lack of trusting good intent. Says she's working on that.
I’m here watching them practice. Rickea is even smoother in person!
Well that's good to hear bc she's looked pretty good in the vids. Had a monster block, recovery, and full court assist in the one yesterday. Her legs look much bigger and stronger this year. Doubt she'll be getting thrown around like Edwards did to her last year. I can't freaking wait.

Also, we're expecting a full practice report. Are you there with the team camp?

Defensive. Said so herself, said that's what got her in trouble last year. Lack of trusting good intent. Says she's working on that.

Well that's good to hear bc she's looked pretty good in the vids. Had a monster block, recovery, and full court assist in the one yesterday. Her legs look much bigger and stronger this year. Doubt she'll be getting thrown around like Edwards did to her last year. I can't freaking wait.

Also, we're expecting a full practice report. Are you there with the team camp?

Yes. We watched them practice after playing 3 games this morning and just took a tour of the beautiful campus. We’re heading back to our hotel for some team bonding this afternoon.

Yes. We watched them practice after playing 3 games this morning and just took a tour of the beautiful campus. We’re heading back to our hotel for some team bonding this afternoon.

We were only able to witness part of the practice but I can assure you all that they already look good based on the small sample I’ve seen. They started off with some with some basic DHO and PUJ drills then they broke off into positional workouts. I think it should be noted that Rickea and Sarah were working out with both guard and post groups. They did that for about 30 minutes, then they switched to a team half court situational offense and defense scenario. Rickea played both the 3&4 and same with Puckett. Tamari Key look good despite not playing most of the season although she got a little winded after a few sets. Spear drilled a long step back three pointer that made me jump out of my seat lol. Powell looked to be PG1 but Wells seemed to be the one Kellie wanted to run the sets to get comfortable. Hollingshead might start at the 4, her jumpshots are smooth and looks more consistent. Everyone else did well but that’s what stood out to me. My team will play 3 more games tomorrow morning and we’ll take in another practice so hopefully I can come back and give a better update tomorrow.

We were only able to witness part of the practice but I can assure you all that they already look good based on the small sample I’ve seen. They started off with some with some basic DHO and PUJ drills then they broke off into positional workouts. I think it should be noted that Rickea and Sarah were working out with both guard and post groups. They did that for about 30 minutes, then they switched to a team half court situational offense and defense scenario. Rickea played both the 3&4 and same with Puckett. Tamari Key look good despite not playing most of the season although she got a little winded after a few sets. Spear drilled a long step back three pointer that made me jump out of my seat lol. Powell looked to be PG1 but Wells seemed to be the one Kellie wanted to run the sets to get comfortable. Hollingshead might start at the 4, her jumpshots are smooth and looks more consistent. Everyone else did well but that’s what stood out to me. My team will play 3 more games tomorrow morning and we’ll take in another practice so hopefully I can come back and give a better update tomorrow.
Bless your heart for this! 😩😂 Thank you so much for those tidbits!

Jil needs to start next year. This will be a sign for me as to whether Kellie learned from last season with the starting line up.

Well, she's gonna have to play some minutes at the five because historically Key averages only 20-25 minutes. And you can't expect Karo to play 15-20 minutes per game against the best competition because she just isn't that good at the five. And I think that's especially true as Key works her way back from injury into playing shape early in the season. If Striplin or Sara are almost as good as Jill at the four, I'd probably want Jill to tag team Tamari at the five and let those two share the four.

Well, she's gonna have to play some minutes at the five because historically Key averages only 20-25 minutes. And you can't expect Karo to play 15-20 minutes per game against the best competition because she just isn't that good at the five. And I think that's especially true as Key works her way back from injury into playing shape early in the season. If Striplin or Sara are almost as good as Jill at the four, I'd probably want Jill to tag team Tamari at the five and let those two share the four.
IMO a rotation btw 4-5 for Jill and Striplin will kind of work itself out given situations, matchups, and Key's durability. Between the three of them, I believe they'll cover those positions very well.
No problem at all! I’ll have another report for y’all tomorrow.
Thanks so much! Didn't realize they were going to practice this much. Every session is an advantage, a jump start on the season.

Hope you and your team have a great time in Ktown!

the only real question about the starting lineup should be: who is playing PG? wells or powell. other than that, it should be:

1- powell or wells
2- spear
3 jackson
4- jill
5-key

put your 5 best on the floor from game 1 and let them get experience playing together.

Kim Cupini has been named the new head rowing coach for Tennessee Rowing.

Kim Cupini Named Tennessee Head Rowing Coach - University of Tennessee Athletics

Long time Tennessee Rowing head coach Lisa Glenn recently retired after 25 years as the head coach:

Glenn Announces Retirement After 25 Years as Rowing Head Coach - University of Tennessee Athletics

My gut is telling me this hire is going to take Tennessee rowing to new heights. I am embarrassed to admit I've never attended a Lady Vol rowing event, but this may not be true for much longer. I'd love for our Tennessee crew to ... ummmm... make waves in the next few years. Go Lady Vols!

And a thanks to our A.D., who continues to make good moves. Love that guy!

If that's a question, this team has much bigger problems...

Agree. Neither are high percentages but I think Darby has a better chance of hanging on to the 2 position than Powell has of starting over Wells.

Personally, I think Wells and Spear are huge upgrades at their positions.

The 4 position is actually the most fluid and up for a debate. Jill, Striplin, Puckett, and Jackson are all capable there depending on whether you want to go with a big or small lineup.

Reactions: Mr.Pivot

VN Store

Back