Tennessee Lady Vol News

My hope is that Kea and Jewell are trying to carve out a little time every day to at least do some stretches/calisthenics, and maybe find either an exercise bike or a treadmill a few times during the trip. But I really couldn't blame them if they took a break and enjoyed their vacation to the max. And, ya know, sometimes a break can actually help for some people. Back in the day I found that out for myself, and it was a pleasant surprise.

Stretches/calisthenics?

I think some of us have forgotten how nice it was to be 18-24 years old.

Many moons ago you couldn't keep me out of a pickup game. Once played in flip flops and my good friend was in birkenstocks. These are low-stress games against fun, creme puff competition. These young ladies are in excellent shape; moreso than I ever was and could easily play 3 of these games each day. But this is to be a light, fun trip - more for bonding than for technical improvement.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Stretches/calisthenics?

I think some of us have forgotten how nice it was to be 18-24 years old.

Many moons ago you couldn't keep me out of a pickup game. Once played in flip flops and my good friend was in birkenstocks. These are low-stress games against fun, creme puff competition. These young ladies are in excellent shape; moreso than I ever was and could easily play 3 of these games each day. But this is to be a light, fun trip - more for bonding than for technical improvement.

sigh,,,I remember those days too
Win or sit down basketball...4 teams waiting in the "next" call
sometimes playing 4-5-6 games in a row with only moments between games,,,water breaks usually
The last time I was on a pickup court, playing multiple games in a row was about 4 years ago
Once I hit 60, all that ceased
sigh
Now I break a sweat getting out of my recliner,,,kidding,,,but not by a whole heckuva lot tho
my hardest workout now is mowing my mom and dad's half acre yard
But I treasure those "helping the folks" days ( mom 85, Dad turns 92 next month). I will do all I can to let them live out their lives in their lifetime residence

Last edited:
Should we be concerned??

No. It’s due to the rule change. The way I view it these are essentially NIL coaches. They will be involved in on campus recruiting and likely with NIL player contracts and development. Not a basketball assistant position so much as a sports management coach. A good idea ImO.

Last edited:
No. It’s due to the rule change. The way I view it these are essentially NIL coaches. They will be involved in on campus recruiting and likely with NIL player contracts and development. Not a basketball assistant position so much as a sports management coach. A good idea ImO.
So why doesn’t their title reflect their responsibilities…? Shhh 🤫 I get it…

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Unfreaking believable, Rickea just turned her ankle in the first 3 minutes of the first USA game, was helped off court.

Plenty of time to recover before the season, but what a disappointment. Hopefully it’s not serious, and she’ll still get to play for USA in the tournament.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back