Tennessee Lady Vol News

Why? are you doubting she will get in the gym and work? Are you doubting the coaching staff in helping address that area ?

I do agree she will have to pick up her shooting percentages all the way around but i don't doubt she can learn to shoot or at least improve her shooting.
Sorry to be antagonistic. I am generally pretty optimistic around here, but those FT numbers need a marked improvement. Hopefully she can get it done. That’s a huge task, but with proper coaching and diligence, it’s possible.

Sorry to be antagonistic. I am generally pretty optimistic around here, but those FT numbers need a marked improvement. Hopefully she can get it done. That’s a huge task, but with proper coaching and diligence, it’s possible.

Ah, i hope my post didn't come across as argumentative. She wasn't a good FT shooter in HS either but i have confidence she can improve. She reminds me of Horston and Jordy went from a 59% shooter to a 74% her senior year. i also want to see her be at least a 35-36% 3 pt shooter as well. even if she is 33% she will hit one out of every 3 she shoots.

I also think there will be more of an emphasis on shot choice instead of "shoot and we will rebound it for a put back".

The big problem is that she did the same in high school 51 percent so she has to make some changes and get better. I think she is fine other than free throw shooting. She can guard hit the mid-range get to the basket and rebound with the best of the guards. Stay away from the three point shooting and work hard on those free throws has got to be her best options.

Ah, i hope my post didn't come across as argumentative. She wasn't a good FT shooter in HS either but i have confidence she can improve. She reminds me of Horston and Jordy went from a 59% shooter to a 74% her senior year. i also want to see her be at least a 35-36% 3 pt shooter as well. even if she is 33% she will hit one out of every 3 she shoots.

I also think there will be more of an emphasis on shot choice instead of "shoot and we will rebound it for a put back".
Nah. More like I realized I was being an a hole… 😉

The fact that her FG% is so high suggests her FT problem is part mechanical, and part mental (nervousness, pressure, etc). Both of which can be worked on, and I'm confident will improve. I'd like to see her at 70% in two seasons or so, she'll need to get that percentage up considering how frequently she gets to the line.

Wynn starting to get there if she is getting better offensivly she could be the surprise player. She is very athletic and a lot stronger than last season.

I really like her but much like Cooper, she has to improve her shooting ability or she will not make much of a contribution.

Do we have a coach on the women's side that one might call a shot doctor? Rae and Jordan certainly improved while they were here.

I really like her but much like Cooper, she has to improve her shooting ability or she will not make much of a contribution.

Do we have a coach on the women's side that one might call a shot doctor? Rae and Jordan certainly improved while they were here.
Well, she is only our 2nd highest rated recruit on our team including all transfers. It seems some people view this as another Wynn or Miles, but far from the case. She was considered much more skilled than either than them, and shot nearly 50% in high school. Like all recruits and transfers, we will have to wait and see how it turns out. I can't wait to see her rebounding, defense, and creating her own shot, as she can get to wherever she wants to shoot with her speed. She doesn't have to sit around at the 3-point line hoping for an assist. A player like this is fouled a lot, so her foul shooting should be her top priority,

@LV renaissance I agree with you 90% on this but I do believe all guards and most wings need to be able to hit >30% on uncontested 3s. How are you going to drive or get good jump shots if the defender can give 5+ feet of cushion?

Reactions: LV renaissance

Agree to play she has to be a better offensive player you have to contribute to the scoring in an efficient way.

Well, she is only our 2nd highest rated recruit on our team including all transfers. It seems some people view this as another Wynn or Miles, but far from the case. She was considered much more skilled than either than them, and shot nearly 50% in high school. Like all recruits and transfers, we will have to wait and see how it turns out. I can't wait to see her rebounding, defense, and creating her own shot, as she can get to wherever she wants to shoot with her speed. She doesn't have to sit around at the 3-point line hoping for an assist. A player like this is fouled a lot, so her foul shooting should be her top priority,
If she stays in her game she will be huge at Tennessee. Her game is mid-range shooting and getting to the basket. She has to improve at the free throw line it seems to be the biggest weakness of her game. Defensively she is awesome defender and rebounder.

random comments from reading the last few board pages:

if you haven't watched Ionesca's shooting at the WNBA all star game you should. I recommend as her shooting demonstrates muscle memory at a level few players can obtain.

We have had discussions on the percent of layups a player should make when contested; similar to layups with the off-hand. watching the FIBA 3 x 3 was to watch a game where contested layups by the defense required shooters to shoot hook-shots. Wynn has demonstrated the ability to get to the basket but all too frequently not in control.

Semeka (meek #2) was a superior driver offensively but did not have adequate shooting skills no matter the amount of practice. She played to her strengths, which is still what is taught and expected.

Somebody tell coach Sam to fly to South Sudan and bring this 6 fit 9 young gurl immediately.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230815_181215_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20230815_181215_Facebook.jpg
    436.5 KB · Views: 67

VN Store

Back