Tennessee Lady Vol News

I’m predicting 15-1 in the conference with a split in the home/away matchups with South Carolina.
This Tennessee team is loaded.
Over the past two seasons when coming in 3rd place, in each of those seasons chemistry and rebounding (last year it came late in the SEC conf. play/tourney) made this team go.
This season, the talent has been upgraded.
The chemistry seems to be intact with an experience team returning following early opportunities in the Foreign Tour and AmeriCup games (Rickea & Jewel) to practice as a team and allow the coaches to make some initial evaluations of the roster.
Rickea Jackson is an All-American talent. The additions through the portal will give this team elite offensive playmaking and quality depth. Tamari Key and Jillian Hollingshead are the X-Factors. Jillian Hollingshead, scored her career high on the road against Mississippi State this past season. Weeks later Jill dominated LSU in the SEC tourney. With TK back on the court, TN has two of the imposing frontcourt players in the country.
This team could end up being one of the best to come through the SEC & Knoxville in some time.

I’m predicting 15-1 in the conference with a split in the home/away matchups with South Carolina.
Over the past two seasons when coming in 3rd place, in each of those seasons chemistry and rebounding (last year it came late in the SEC conf. play/tourney) made this team go.
The chemistry seems to be intact with an experience team returning following early opportunities in the Foreign Tour and AmeriCup games (Rickea & Jewel) to practice as a team and allow the coaches to make some initial evaluations of the roster.
Rickea Jackson is an All-American talent. The additions through the portal will give this team elite offensive playmaking and quality depth. Tamari Key and Jillian Hollingshead are the X-Factors. Jillian Hollingshead, scored her career high on the road against Mississippi State this past season. Weeks later Jill dominated LSU in the SEC tourney. With TK back on the court, TN has two of the imposing frontcourt players in the country.
This team could end up being one of the best to come through the SEC & Knoxville in some time.

We have a decent roster, but we are not loaded at all, we will go as far as Rickea Jackson takes us, and she can take us all the way.

Good to see a week off leading up the LSU game. I can't freaking wait, but I've decided I'm strictly taking things a game at a time this year. So right now I'm worried about the exhibition against Carson Newman.

13-3, or 12-4 if they're 4 respectful losses. 14-2 or above and we're sailing toward March. Let it Be.
I see the LVs going 15-1. GBO.

Reactions: WinnerCircle
I could not agree more. Wow team is loaded for sure. As always go Lady Vol's.

We have a decent roster, but we are not loaded at all, we will go as far as Rickea Jackson takes us, and she can take us all the way.

Also as far as Jewel Spears who is a certified All ACC player, and TK who will anchor the defense and Jill's improvement will take us. Oh and the PG spot.

Also as far as Jewel Spears who is a certified All ACC player, and TK who will anchor the defense and Jill's improvement will take us. Oh and the PG spot.
I have high hope for Spear, but let’s just see the jump Jillian makes, if it’s a huge leap I think we’ll have a good chance at a final four.

The roster is loaded. Just say you don’t like it and post your opinion as I did without directing your thoughts towards me.
I’m replying to the post, that’s what the forum is for, I have my opinion on what I think certain players bring and u have yours. The thing is I hope you’re right and hope we are as stacked as 2 other teams i’m thinking of.

Last edited:
What do you think about the PG spot and TK being back ?
Wells is an upgrade for sure, but I’m not sure if she can replicate what she did at Belmont, as for Key sue needed to work on some things before her medical issue, I’m not sure how much she has been able to work on her game as of yet, so I would need to see her in action to see if she cleaned up the flaws I saw in her game. But will all that said, we have Rickea and if she gives us some legendary performances that I know she can, we will be alright.

Wells is an upgrade for sure, but I’m not sure if she can replicate what she did at Belmont, as for Key sue needed to work on some things before her medical issue, I’m not sure how much she has been able to work on her game as of yet, so I would need to see her in action to see if she cleaned up the flaws I saw in her game. But will all that said, we have Rickea and if she gives us some legendary performances that I know she can, we will be alright.

I don't think Wells has to be what she was at Belmont ... She that would be nice but if she gives us a steady presence that helps everyone else that's a step in the right direction.

As far as TK i just want a rim protector and grab some rebounds.

One of the main factors to consider when determining whether the roster is loaded and capable of going 15-1 in-conference -- Wow! That's way optimistic, IMO! -- is how all the new players will mesh.

I know we all remember all too well that last year's team took most of the season to get it together, and we'll have just as many new players this year as we did last.

I guess I'm going to need to see them in a game or two before I'll feel comfortable making any predictions. Heck, even Tamari is going to have to learn to mesh with all the players who were new last year AND this years after sitting out practically all of last season.

The potential for greatness is definitely there -- on paper. I hope to high heavens the chemistry is good much earlier this season than last. The schedule this season makes that more likely, so that's a huge plus.

It's going to be a fun season -- I am sure of that!

One of the main factors to consider when determining whether the roster is loaded and capable of going 15-1 in-conference -- Wow! That's way optimistic, IMO! -- is how all the new players will mesh.

I know we all remember all too well that last year's team took most of the season to get it together, and we'll have just as many new players this year as we did last.

I guess I'm going to need to see them in a game or two before I'll feel comfortable making any predictions. Heck, even Tamari is going to have to learn to mesh with all the players who were new last year AND this years after sitting out practically all of last season.

The potential for greatness is definitely there -- on paper. I hope to high heavens the chemistry is good much earlier this season than last. The schedule this season makes that more likely, so that's a huge plus.

It's going to be a fun season -- I am sure of that!
The problem being that SC and LSU have rosters just as talented and A&M and Ole Miss not that far behind those either.

I don't think Wells has to be what she was at Belmont ... She that would be nice but if she gives us a steady presence that helps everyone else that's a step in the right direction.

As far as TK i just want a rim protector and grab some rebounds.
Surely no one expects her to go for 19.5 a game like she did at Belmont. I am looking for 10 to 12 a game, but with the same efficiency. There just won't be that many shots for her playing with so many talented players. What she brings is efficiency in her scoring and someone you have to guard. Same thing with Jewell and Tamari you can't cheat off them. I think we had a couple players playing a lot last year that you didn't mind shooting the ball from the perimeter so you guarded the one three point shooter and tried to defense the paint with everyone else. This time around I think in the first seven or eight on the court you will need to guard them all. If you choose to crowd the perimeter then Key, Jackson, and Hollingshead are gonna score inside. Vice versa if you stuff the paint. I love the potential of this team on offense it could go into the 80's as a scoring average.

The problem being that SC and LSU have rosters just as talented and A&M and Ole Miss not that far behind those either.

SC might take a little time getting their footing. They have some really good pieces but those mainstays and their 6th player are gone. Not counting them out by any means but it may take time. LSU is loaded but how they gel will be the determining factor in how far they go. A&M has upgraded but they may go through what we went through with all those pieces who need to play a big role. Ole Miss is Ole miss and dangerous. I see us top 2 in the SEC honestly

Tennessee beat LSU last year in the SEC tourney and upgraded their roster pretty much from top to bottom.
Tennessee does have to replace Horston, a player who seems to fit a little bit better in the W and has reached her full potential.
On the other hand, LSU loss far more than Tennessee did in terms of their scoring production and leadership with 3 starters graduating.
Ole Miss, Mississippi State, and Texas A&M are teams that Tennessee can exploit several advantages against in head to head games. Whether or not the staff can play to their advantages effectively is to be seen.
Tennessee has players in Destinee Wells and Jewel Spear that are built to thrive in the SEC.
These are players that have had career games against the experts and analysts #1 portal transfer.
To get them both (Wells & Spear) is remarkable. This team has championship caliber personnel.

Surely no one expects her to go for 19.5 a game like she did at Belmont. I am looking for 10 to 12 a game, but with the same efficiency. There just won't be that many shots for her playing with so many talented players. What she brings is efficiency in her scoring and someone you have to guard. Same thing with Jewell and Tamari you can't cheat off them. I think we had a couple players playing a lot last year that you didn't mind shooting the ball from the perimeter so you guarded the one three point shooter and tried to defense the paint with everyone else. This time around I think in the first seven or eight on the court you will need to guard them all. If you choose to crowd the perimeter then Key, Jackson, and Hollingshead are gonna score inside. Vice versa if you stuff the paint. I love the potential of this team on offense it could go into the 80's as a scoring average.

I see Wells and Spear averaging double figures. There were a lot of points left on the court this past season. The offense last season was good when things were clicking. The main issue was the scoring droughts against top competition. Tennessee now has multiple playmakers to run the offense through on the perimeter & inside the paint.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back