Tennessee Lady Vol News

A rough attempt at a depth chart if we get Ruby...even if we play a lot of 4 guard/wing line-ups, we are still one post injury away from a big problem. Hope we can stay healthy!

View attachment 638848

I understand what you mean but coaches can’t build a roster thinking about injuries.

You can have an even number of players across the depth chart and still be impacted with multiple injuries at specific positions.

With that being said, I believe they’ll add another post/forward and wing to the roster from the portal.

A rough attempt at a depth chart if we get Ruby...even if we play a lot of 4 guard/wing line-ups, we are still one post injury away from a big problem. Hope we can stay healthy!

View attachment 638848

Nice visual. It's crazy that we're one post injury away from seeing Tess defending in the post for 15 minutes per game.

Yeah I think this is way off
Care to share your thoughts, or just say I’m wrong? 😉

This chart is just speculation but more importantly (to me), useful to see where our depth is across class/years of remaining eligibility. No idea what Boyd and Cooper will look like as Lady Vols, how Wells will do coming back from injury, how Hollingshead (a McDonald’s All-American) will take a leap in a new system, etc.

Care to share your thoughts, or just say I’m wrong? 😉

This chart is just speculation but more importantly (to me), useful to see where our depth is across class/years of remaining eligibility. No idea what Boyd and Cooper will look like as Lady Vols, how Wells will do coming back from injury, how Hollingshead (a McDonald’s All-American) will take a leap in a new system, etc.
I think many will “slide over” a position.

I also think we have about 2 per extended positions.. if u don’t try to squeeze them into a traditional box. Like wing, cg, stretch etc

SEC probable schedule and other non conference games were going to play.

Home SEC Games

Alabama
Auburn
Ole Miss
Miss St
Sc
Georgia
Vanderbilt
Texas

Road Games

Vanderbilt
Arkansas
Texas A&M
Florida
Missouri
LSU
Oklahoma
Kentucky

Non Conference

Notre Dame Road
Liberty Home
Florida State Home
UConn Home
Iowa Neutral
Colorado Road

Rest should be mid majors or one of the holiday tourneys

I bet we see increased 3pt % from a few of our players.
Right now fairly consistent 36 percent from Jewell if she gets the clear looks. Some games last year she would start out slow and stop shooting. Have to keep it up usually averages out over a game. Tess way off this past season certainly capable of 36 percent and up to 39. Sarah probably a consistent 34 percent three point shooter not consistent hot and cold last season. Samara streaky could go for 8 threes or 0 threes. She gets in a rhythm she will hit a lot of them in a row, Some games may miss them all. 34 percent as a freshman, down last two seasons which I contribute to forcing a lot of bad shots on a bad team. I think she could end up around 34 percent with us. Ace not enough information seems to be in the same 34 percent type shooter. Cooper no three point game. Boyd was 30 percent in high school have to see how she has been spending her time same for Cooper. Spearman oddly shoots the three close to 30 percent she can't make a free throw. Latham also can hit high 20's doesn't take many.

I think if we go 34 percent as a team would be outstanding. If we shoot 30 a game which we may some games that would be 10 to 11 made.

We went for 32 percent last season and opponents 33. Hope we can go 34 and opponents no higher than 30

I bet we see increased 3pt % from a few of our players.

Yes definitely, some folks are acting like improvement isn’t possible.

It’s all about putting in the work. Kapinus was 41% last season from 3 but was only 18% the year prior.

If our coaches are investing in the players like they appear to be we will see lots of improvement. Plus having better stamina will help with shooting %% too. When players were gassed their shooting numbers went down considerably.

Coach Roman has been in there with the gym open working with players every day. Have seen several videos of players in there getting shots up. Boys and Cooper especially, Wynn was in there working too.

Yes definitely, some folks are acting like improvement isn’t possible.

It’s all about putting in the work. Kapinus was 41% last season from 3 but was only 18% the year prior.

If our coaches are investing in the players like they appear to be we will see lots of improvement. Plus having better stamina will help with shooting %% too. When players were gassed their shooting numbers went down considerably.

Coach Roman has been in there with the gym open working with players every day. Have seen several videos of players in there getting shots up. Boys and Cooper especially, Wynn was in there working too.
Let us hope Kapinus goes back to 18 percent especially when they play us.

One of the reasons I'm so worried about 3 pt shooting (other than Jewel and Sara) is that getting in a rhythm will likely not be a feature of the new system with frequent subbing.
Well you will like the games when Samara goes off cause she don't miss. Some others might not be as much fun unless she becomes more consistent. I think with a better team overall that is quite possible.

Let us hope Kapinus goes back to 18 percent especially when they play us.

She might, those big improvements are dicy sometimes. Those players may continue at that rate or regress to the mean.

I’d say it’s more likely she’s around 30% in the SEC next season. I’m curious how they use her at Vandy. She’d be playing the same spot as Pissott mostly, is Ralph going to spot Pissott 25 minutes a game and start her to keep mummy and daddy happy again?

If so that’s probably the nail in the coffin for their season before it starts.

She might, those big improvements are dicy sometimes. Those players may continue at that rate or regress to the mean.

I’d say it’s more likely she’s around 30% in the SEC next season. I’m curious how they use her at Vandy. She’d be playing the same spot as Pissott mostly, is Ralph going to spot Pissott 25 minutes a game and start her to keep mummy and daddy happy again?

If so that’s probably the nail in the coffin for their season before it starts.
Ralph doesn't take crap or pressure from anybody, especially parents.

Reactions: 1reVOLver

VN Store

Back