Tennessee Lady Vol News

What web page do I need to check each morning to know when single game LV tickets go on sale?

I'm not a get out and spend money on myself kind of person. My last trip to Knoxville was to take my late wife to see Candace play. Some of y'all know how tough those "shared" memories can be to revisit.

But I really want to be there for this season's opening home game. Just want to add my few decibels of support to the program, this new staff, and the young ladies who've committed their time and effort to be the foundation for what CKC is attempting to rebuild. It's the people who make the "brand" or the "tribe" important, and for whatever reason, if feels important to be there in-person this time.
Yes, come and heal the Bruise, Orange!

What web page do I need to check each morning to know when single game LV tickets go on sale?

I'm not a get out and spend money on myself kind of person. My last trip to Knoxville was to take my late wife to see Candace play. Some of y'all know how tough those "shared" memories can be to revisit.

But I really want to be there for this season's opening home game. Just want to add my few decibels of support to the program, this new staff, and the young ladies who've committed their time and effort to be the foundation for what CKC is attempting to rebuild. It's the people who make the "brand" or the "tribe" important, and for whatever reason, if feels important to be there in-person this time.
I assume here.

People will prolly post it in this forum when singles go on sale.

I've seen LV tickets for sale before in the VN "Tennessee Vols Tickets" forum, too.

Last edited:
I assume here.

People will prolly post it in this forum when singles go on sale.

I've seen LV tickets for sale before in the VN "Tennessee Vols Tickets" forum, too.
Thanks, Orange!

So much has changed on how tickets are bought. I've never used Ticketmaster, so I knew there was no telling how much else I didn't know I didn't know. (I guess I could have said that every day of my life, LOL)

Absolutely great move here. Keeping connection to the long orange line is so important, and the new staff has done that several times already. Even moreso, playing up the WNBA players is an effective recruiting tool. I hope Jordy and Rickea got big ole LV gear packages bc they're both on a fast track to W stardom.

We've already seen RIckea's influence be effective in the recruitment of Ruby. Now 5* '26 recruit Amari Byles has cited RJ as her fave player and RJ immediately answered back w an encouraging tweet. Good on the staff for jumping on this.

Amari’s sister is a Tennessee alum

Coach Harvath. Now THAT is what a strength session is supposed to look like, and how closely its supposed to be monitored for form and intensity.

Watching that short video makes me extremely excited for these players because even that little tidbit showed me that they're going to be strong at their cores, and that could have literal lifelong benefits to any of them who, because of this experience, end up getting into the health habit of understanding how important core strength is to, well, just about all the body's systems.

Not every program receives the level of attention to the full body and mind that the Lady Vols are blessed to receive. They're too young to fully appreciate it now, but boy oh boy. When they're 35-40 they'll be impressed as hell.

Agreed! It's one of the best workout videos I have ever seen for a women's program of any sport.
I retired from an all boys prep school which had great facilities, great coaches, great mentors, great trainers. But their string of state championships really took off with the arrival of a special strength & conditioning coach, who challenged the boys spiritually, physically, and emotionally... while teaching them discipline, technique, accountability, and loyalty to each other. Coach Harvath, in those clips, had all the qualities and priorities, but with a tone more suitable for bringing out the best in young women.

I feel so good about our athletics, and the qualities they're investing into young men and women. If championships follow, that's just gravy added to the main course. As long as we're doing the truly important things well, I'll be proud to be known as a supporter.

I retired from an all boys prep school which had great facilities, great coaches, great mentors, great trainers. But their string of state championships really took off with the arrival of a special strength & conditioning coach, who challenged the boys spiritually, physically, and emotionally... while teaching them discipline, technique, accountability, and loyalty to each other. Coach Harvath, in those clips, had all the qualities and priorities, but with a tone more suitable for bringing out the best in young women.

I feel so good about our athletics, and the qualities they're investing into young men and women. If championships follow, that's just gravy added to the main course. As long as we're doing the truly important things well, I'll be proud to be known as a supporter.
Great post.

I'm so ready for November!

Thank you, ttharp, for posting this!

We all need to keep a link to this post "on speed dial" and redirect to it every poster whose expectations are stuck in traditional (nothing wrong with tradition) John Wooten (nothing wrong with JW!) role/formation basketball.

I'm not sure what the updated version of "there's more than one way to skin a cat" is, but we all get the point.

Huh. Bad luck.
View attachment 665994
I need to remember that.
That's funny.

Splitting poles......
Walking in between a pole and another object/ structure (like a wall, tree, another pole....etc)
Basically, you should walk around the outer side of the pole and the other object, not the inside or in between.

Thank you, ttharp, for posting this!

We all need to keep a link to this post "on speed dial" and redirect to it every poster whose expectations are stuck in traditional (nothing wrong with tradition) John Wooten (nothing wrong with JW!) role/formation basketball.

I'm not sure what the updated version of "there's more than one way to skin a cat" is, but we all get the point.
You’re welcome!

We could either keep a link to this post on speed dial, or I can just post highlights of Candace Parker during her time at Tennessee. The overall style of play was different under CPS, but it won’t be the first time we’ve seen a big facilitate the offense. Our beloved CP3 is the prototype for position-less basketball.

Vicki Baugh, is another example — though to a lesser extent due to injuries and Pat’s illness.

You’re welcome!

We could either keep a link to this post on speed dial, or I can just post highlights of Candace Parker during her time at Tennessee. The overall style of play was different under CPS, but it won’t be the first time we’ve seen a big facilitate the offense. Our beloved CP3 is the prototype for position-less basketball.

Vicki Baugh, is another example — though to a lesser extent due to injuries and Pat’s illness.
I think in Rick Barnes we would be another advocate for positionless basketball (if he could depend on refs to call every game according to the rulebook).

But I think it makes even more sense in women's basketball, where (currently) almost all the contesting is taking place beneath the rim.
------
BTW: Where did you find that interview clip?
I tried all sorts of search combinations and filters looking for it, but Google became weirdly creative in the results it chose to provide. We must be getting near an election; algorithms are getting fiddled.

I think in Rick Barnes we would be another advocate for positionless basketball (if he could depend on refs to call every game according to the rulebook).

But I think it makes even more sense in women's basketball, where (currently) almost all the contesting is taking place beneath the rim.
------
I tried all sorts of search combinations and filters looking for it, but Google became weirdly creative in the results it chose to provide. We must be getting near an election; algorithms are getting fiddled.
I found the clip on X. I don’t think the full video has been released.

------
Rick Barnes is more old school…. Jay Wright and Villanova is a really good example of positionless basketball on the men’s side when they won a championship a few yrs ago.

Reactions: BruisedOrange

VN Store

Back