Tennessee not getting any love from EA Sports College Football 25

So you want Danny White to make a statement publicly on how EA has messed up our ranking in the yet to be released video game? That would go over well.

I was thinking some one involved in the making of the game or famous player like Manning. Better than trying to storm the place lol

I was thinking some one involved in the making of the game or famous player like Manning. Better than trying to storm the place lol
College football revamped sent out a tweet talking about the part of the game they weren’t hired to do the day that rankings came out . I was joking about storming the studios. I’m sure EA will update the rankings over the course of the season.

Reactions: volbound1700
I wonder if its an engine problem. It will be kinda hard to accurately recreate UTs offense. The splits and reads. That is a huge part of our offense.

It’s a video game. Jesus…🙄

Video Games make more money than movies now and are a HUGE advertising organization.

In a way, EA could be more exposure than ESPN. This impacts recruiting whether you admit it or not because recruits play this game and if we are not visible on it, what does that say?

I wonder if its an engine problem. It will be kinda hard to accurately recreate UTs offense. The splits and reads. That is a huge part of our offense.

It hurts us from an exposure aspect and I am surprised people can't see that in this thread.

However, EA had tons of other issues in the past, as a gamer of the series, that I would love to see them fix such as odd scheduling (Michigan at UL Monroe), a glitch in the Bowl Season where it kicked me to week 1 every time I simulated a game, leaving out the #1 ranked team from the SEC in the National Title game for an undefeated mid-major (yes this happened), highly rated teams being easy to beat in a blowout, player glitching, etc.

The technology was so old with the original games that it would be interesting to see how it looks in the new engine.

Miami at 7 and Colorado at 8 is just a joke. Penn State and Texas A&M definitely don't have top 25 offenses either. Have they seen Penn State play a game?

Oklahoma should be higher
Tennessee should be on it and higher
Ole Miss is easily top 10
Washington could arguably be on the list as well. They lost a lot but I am not sure they lost that much

Did this seriously need a thread? Complaining about a ranking in a video game???
Yes. Some of us care. Just because you don't doesn't mean diddly. This gameb(20 + years ago but still) is responsible for me becoming a real football fan. It helps create generations of fans. You might not understand the impact but yeah the ranking matters especially considering how wrong it is.

Just another fantasy woke media opinion. Face it. Anything media these days is idealistic and has nothing to do with reality.

Did this seriously need a thread? Complaining about a ranking in a video game???
"Get off my lawn", "kids dont get outside enough these days" (proceeds to call the cops on kids riding fourwheelers and dirtbikes down his street), "vidgeo games will rot your brains out"

Just yanking your chain BOT, but in all seriousness like another poster said, this game does impact the schools more than you realize. Huge exposure.

It hurts us from an exposure aspect and I am surprised people can't see that in this thread.

However, EA had tons of other issues in the past, as a gamer of the series, that I would love to see them fix such as odd scheduling (Michigan at UL Monroe), a glitch in the Bowl Season where it kicked me to week 1 every time I simulated a game, leaving out the #1 ranked team from the SEC in the National Title game for an undefeated mid-major (yes this happened), highly rated teams being easy to beat in a blowout, player glitching, etc.

The technology was so old with the original games that it would be interesting to see how it looks in the new engine.
I'm pretty sure they are on Frostbite engine, the same as Madden. In the past I know there were issues with custom plays in the game making the AI go nuts which is a reason that they removed the ability to make custom plays. I think the last game that allowed that was Madden 07? You could do custom plays but it wigged out the Defense. I remember wide splits being a way to create money plays. I get a feeling if they put those actual plays in it would break the game. Its not like UT is the only team that uses crazy wide splits.

I'm pretty sure they are on Frostbite engine, the same as Madden. In the past I know there were issues with custom plays in the game making the AI go nuts which is a reason that they removed the ability to make custom plays. I think the last game that allowed that was Madden 07? You could do custom plays but it wigged out the Defense. I remember wide splits being a way to create money plays. I get a feeling if they put those actual plays in it would break the game. Its not like UT is the only team that uses crazy wide splits.

To be fair, no game is going to be perfect. I still love EA for what it is and cheer it on. However, the top 25 for this edition seems like the worse that I have seen yet. The blatant love for Colorado is evident compared to other teams for example.

Reactions: pimo1

VN Store

Back