Tennessee not getting any love from EA Sports College Football 25

Mind boggling to me that we didn’t make the top 25 offensive list

Way back in the 70s, I had the “Tudor Electronic Football Game.” Basically, there was a switch on it where after setting up the players, the field would vibrate the little plastic players (they didn’t have a college football version back then).

It’s kinda amazing to me that with all the fanfare, football analytics, processing power (not to mention artificial intelligence?) that EA is releasing a game 50 years after my Tudor game that’s really not that anymore accurate than simply vibrating the playing surface.

Go VOLS!
lol wow, so they think schools like Arizona, Memphis, Kansas, and Virginia Tech will all have better offenses than Tennessee this year? LOL. LOLLL. I look forward to the inevitable "yeah we effed up" admission, because boy did they ever eff that up. I realize they'll say "oh it's because it's based on individual player ratings" or whatever, but if that's the case, then you messed up on those player ratings, buddies.

Just for laughs, I grabbed Memphis's rankings to compare against Tennessee's (just to pick one).

Tennessee's offensive rankings playing in the Southeastern Conference -

2021 - 9th
2022 - 1st
2023 - 19th

Memphis's offensive rankings against whoever-the-hell they played -

2021 - 36th
2022 - 39th
2023 - 14th

But Memphis with have the 19th best rated offense and Tennessee will go unranked offensively. Sure. Sure, that tracks. Idiots.

I recall while growing up having the “Tudor Electronic Football Game” in early 70s. Back then it was just NFL… no CFB.

It’s amazing and funny to me that despite far more antalytics, processing power (and I daresay artificial intelligence) that EA has successfully reproduced a similar game over 50 years after Tudor introduced their football game 😂

While there’s certainly some more emphasis on stadium, mascots, fan cheers (I saw a video the other day about EA’s capturing the “game-day” feel of CFB), the “science” behind the engine for the team’s performance (especially our VOLS) doesn’t appear to be much advanced from the days when computers were programmed with simple punch cards.

Go VOLS!

Supposedly, they used last years stats and returning production. Call it the Milton effect. Plus returning QBs got a big bump for these rankings.

Memphis was #6 in the nation last year at 39.6, UT was 37th in the nation last year at 31.8 ppg.
Do they take competition into account? Nobody with any understanding of football would compare the competition Memphis played with what UT played and use those stats for a ranking. That’s ludicrous.

Reactions: Voltopia
Do they take competition into account? Nobody with any understanding of football would compare the competition Memphis played with what UT played and use those stats for a ranking. That’s ludicrous.
Agree, bigger beef for me that Neyland isn’t top 10 college stadiums (atmosphere). Could easily argue Neyland is top 5. IF they are using last years stats, I can see where they would slide TN. Had this game came out last year using the previous years stats, good chance UT is #1 in ranking.

Wait until they recruit my 7’, 400 lbs, monster qb that can run a 4.3 - 40 in Road to Glory. He’ll be a legend. 😁

but seriously, have they mentioned anything about creating your own players? I heard they won’t have the all mascot team modes. That sucks. All mascot teams were fun.

Come on they have colorado top 10 and top 25 in both offense and defense you can’t take that seriously
I take it to mean playtesters and focus groups enjoyed playing the game as Colorado. They have a couple of flashy skill players on offense, and a player can defeat a good team with a couple of good players on an average team. That is the video game aspect of it.

The game can be played realistically, or like an arcade game where you can score almost every play if you want your offense to score 100 points.
There are always teams players gravitate to after they play a bit with their favorite team. There are multiple modes to play. Colorado is an average team at best, but they have some blue chip talent sprinkled in. A high skill QB and WR can gash any defense in these games, until the fatigue (which can be turned off) becomes a factor.

Nothing to see here.

Mind boggling to me that we didn’t make the top 25 offensive list

Sarcastic Boy Meets World GIF

Lets just be very realistic to the general public..............................we should have expected this because it is typical every year. For many years we have had to prove ourselves on the field year after year. Hardly every in the pre season do we get any recognition, but we will after be beat some azzes real good. Soon and very sooon !!!!!

Wow, and I thought they were gonna be a bit more accurate with this release. I also seen where their stadium rankings don't include us. What a fn joke and slap in the face.
We must have done something that made them feel disrespected. I don’t care if we did. But that’s the only thing that makes sense. Like maybe we didn’t let them into our facilities when they asked or something like that. Don’t matter. Vols by fiddy.

Madden always updates player ratings and such throughout the season so I imagine EA will do the same with College Football since we now have real players in the game
I believe that I read that they will be doing updates throughout the year, like Madden, so hopefully our team will be significantly better a few weeks into the season.

My reaction to this is “Who gives a shite what EA Sports thinks?” They have shown tons of love to GA and as a Dawg myself I can honestly say that it means nothing to me and changes my opinion not one bit.

And honestly, the fact that TN was left out of the top 25 in offensive rankings should give you an idea of the credibility of those assigned to come up with these rankings. I’m certainly no TN fan (no offense intended), but to think there will be 25 or more teams with a better offense than the Vols this season is asinine at best.

Today they've also left us off the overall top 25 power rankings as well. Insane

Don’t even think it’s worth buying this game, already shows people who know college football didn’t make this game like they initially tried to convince everyone… Colorado, Miami, Texas a&m, vt, Nc state, Arizona, Iowa all ranked but not Tennessee… so now if I play online with my favorite team I will be at a disadvantage against teams above is bs…

SO...no respect for the Offense...?

Just WAIT till they get a look at the DEFENSE!!!!

GQSunA7X0AAlMvI

My reaction to this is “Who gives a shite what EA Sports thinks?” They have shown tons of love to GA and as a Dawg myself I can honestly say that it means nothing to me and changes my opinion not one bit.

And honestly, the fact that TN was left out of the top 25 in offensive rankings should give you an idea of the credibility of those assigned to come up with these rankings. I’m certainly no TN fan (no offense intended), but to think there will be 25 or more teams with a better offense than the Vols this season is asinine at best.
It’s embarrassing that one of the few rationale takes in this thread is coming from a UGA fan.

Good grief, we've already been over this. This isn't just a disagreement of opinions. "What EA Sports thinks" impacts the actual gameplay. I can't speak for the "dissing Tennessee" angle, but the ratings will have a direct impact on the game experience. So here we are, excited to play the first college football game in a decade, and EA's basically saying "hey, thanks for your 59.99 but your big high octane offense actually sort of sucks this year."

Imagine if they'd made this game in 2024 and Brock Bowers was given an 82 rating as a TE, and the game didn't reflect the impact Bowers had at the position. Surely you can concede, at a bare minimum, how grating that would be? I do believe, if I were a Dawg, that I would be just the slightest bit pissed.

Reactions: DirtyDawg
Good grief, we've already been over this. This isn't just a disagreement of opinions. "What EA Sports thinks" impacts the actual gameplay. I can't speak for the "dissing Tennessee" angle, but the ratings will have a direct impact on the game experience. So here we are, excited to play the first college football game in a decade, and EA's basically saying "hey, thanks for your 59.99 but your big high octane offense actually sort of sucks this year."

Imagine if they'd made this game in 2024 and Brock Bowers was given an 82 rating as a TE, and the game didn't reflect the impact Bowers had at the position. Surely you can concede, at a bare minimum, how grating that would be? I do believe, if I were a Dawg, that I would be just the slightest bit pissed.
I see your point and agree. You’re right, had their rating shown my beloved Dawgs in an unfair and negative light my opinion would not be just to say and think that they don’t matter.

These ratings absolutely have zero credibility as they are reflected on the Vols, but to your point, yes I have to admit that if I were a Vol fan I would be pissed. I wrongly overlooked how I might feel if my team were portrayed so unfairly and negatively. And the Brock Bowers analogy is a fair analogy and I would absolutely be pissed!

Reactions: Voltopia

VN Store

Back