Tennessee Softball 2023

Probably will not see the Texas game either. Oh well, I am hoping the basketball team can get their ship turned around. Gotta finish strong and not weak. The Vandy Florida game is freaking amazing. Both those teams beat us and their two bigs are the best. We need a big man like those two. Show Uros their tape...learn.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Simpson looks the same as last year.
Really hope Karen figures out that the weekend rotation should be Rogers, Gottshall, and Pickens

It’s fine to play Simpson and White against these early season and midweek hoopties. But as long as the main 3 are healthy we should never, ever see Simpson and White against teams with a pulse unless it’s a blowout

Just callled everything off for today. Must have no grounds crew for the park. We may just play Northwestern tomorrow.

I would like us see if Charli has anything. The book is almost closed on Simpson. No speed and no real spin is no hope in modern softball.

Probably a good kid and seems to be an ambassador for Tennessee with her summer travels. Remember back before she got here and I said I watched a kid from East TN out pitch her in CA and it wasn’t close. Her scouting report then is the same now, gives up hits and runs fast.

Last edited:
Really hope Karen figures out that the weekend rotation should be Rogers, Gottshall, and Pickens

It’s fine to play Simpson and White against these early season and midweek hoopties. But as long as the main 3 are healthy we should never, ever see Simpson and White against teams with a pulse unless it’s a blowout

I don’t think White and Simpson are in the same stratosphere. One is a scholarship player, the other is not. They are actually counting on White to make a significant contribution, just because you’ve given up on her doesn’t mean the staff has. Has the stuff, just has to put it together when the lights come on.

She has some international experience, but ultimately she is also a walk on that they are not expecting to have a huge role at this point.
They took the kid on watching videos. Good story for the kid but this is where they go wrong in recruiting.

Last edited:
They could be playing games now. I would rethink going back to this tournament and go back out to the desert. Rain in Florida who would think that was possible?

Reactions: chuckiepoo
They took the kid on watching videos. Good story for the kid but this is where they go wrong in recruiting.

Is it really "going wrong in recruiting" when you let a kid walk on? Literally doesn't cost them anything. They didn't turn someone away to take her. They didn't spend days flying around the world to see her instead of someone else.

Is it really "going wrong in recruiting" when you let a kid walk on? Literally doesn't cost them anything. They didn't turn someone away to take her. They didn't spend days flying around the world to see her instead of someone else.
Could have done that in-state with the 2021 and 2022 classes too. Two of the best classes the state has produced in back to back years.

Looks like we could play the one game today vs Northwestern at 10 am EST. Weather seems to be cooperating low chance of rain.

VN Store

Back