Tennessee Softball 2023

I think once conference play starts we will only see 4 pitchers. Once Rylie, Lair, and hopefully Grace get into the lineup we should be pretty stout. At least Rylie got some ABs in Mexico, must be a nagging injury because she started first two games in Clearwater. Taylor’s the one I was concerned about after the shoulder discomfort she showed after that AB last week. Hope she’s ok. On to USF tourney and a marquee game vs Clemson.
The biggest surprise of the series in Mexico is when Simpson replaced Ashley. That was a shock to my system in a 1 to 1 game. Turns out that move was more the reason we lost that game than any other thing that happened in the game.

As of now, USF is only broadcasting the games they are playing in through ESPN+. We will have a Vol Network audio broadcast on UTSports.com and the Tennessee Athletics app.
Will Side Arm do the stats? I am assuming not as links are not posted at the mothership.

Last edited:
Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Will Side Arm do the stats? I am assuming not as links are not posted at the mothership.

There will be live stats, either through for whatever provider USF uses if they are scoring all the games, or SideArm if Tennessee is doing it. At these tournaments, someone is always scoring the game, so there always live stats somewhere. But the school that hosts the tournament has first right to do it through their provider before UT does. Most schools use sidearm for the website, so it’s not a big deal.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Just glancing at SEC softball site and we are currently 4th in pitching, 5th in hitting, but 12th of 13 in fielding. I think we can tighten that up as we get players back and with more experience. We have only played (7) games vs nine others that have played 10/11. Mackenzie 5th in avg and Giulia 20th. Kiki tied for HR lead despite playing fewest games. Would be nice to go 5-0 in Tampa with a signature win over Clemson (10-0). Mich St (5-4), USF (2-7), UIC (0-8) should be wins but gotta play.

Looks like we are back in Clearwater next year. Plenty of completion:

I scanned the graphic and said to myself, "we're not in this tourney next year, I don't see our logo." I had to look again to find our faint, weak-looking
and old LV logo. Sorry to the diehards, but the thing needs to go--and when you see it amid other college logos it is easy to see why. It doesn't stand out--just the opposite. The power T pops, the LV logo is faint and not strong. It should be retired--seriously.

I scanned the graphic and said to myself, "we're not in this tourney next year, I don't see our logo." I had to look again to find our faint, weak-looking
and old LV logo. Sorry to the diehards, but the thing needs to go--and when you see it amid other college logos it is easy to see why. It doesn't stand out--just the opposite. The power T pops, the LV logo is faint and not strong. It should be retired--seriously.
BS. The Lady Vols logo stands out more than any other logo on that page.

Your joking...right???

sounds like a skill problem

No, NO, and Hell NO

Thanks for your input, Dave Hart. Fortunately, you're the only one with that opinion. The current administration is taking steps to build on the Lady Vol brand and logo, not eliminate it.

Me when I'm delusional

Read part of an interview with Karen. She was really praising Pickens (of course) but she also was quite high on what Charli did.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Rumor in Tampa is we might be losing a player or two for the season. Lineup might be a revolving door until they start to get healthy or even the rest of the season because it’s a young team and players are being asked to play bigger roles than they can handle. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Pickens workload increase moving forward. Clemson is better than expected so Saturday will be a good test to see where the team matches up against top level teams. Safe travels to everyone heading down to Tampa.

VN Store

Back