Tennessee Softball 2023

Rumor in Tampa is we might be losing a player or two for the season. Lineup might be a revolving door until they start to get healthy or even the rest of the season because it’s a young team and players are being asked to play bigger roles than they can handle. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Pickens workload increase moving forward. Clemson is better than expected so Saturday will be a good test to see where the team matches up against top level teams. Safe travels to everyone heading down to Tampa.
Hate to hear that if true. Don’t want to speculate on who but there are 2-3 obvious guesses. I think Karlyn is our #2/3 with Payton. Watched Clemson beat GA 7-1 Tuesday and a win against them will definitely be a feather in our cap. They are 11-0 and Kagle was bringing it. Ash will have to pitch well (I assume Karen tosses her) and we’ll have to have some timely at bats. But we can win every game we play this weekend.

What is the deal with the injuries every year? Seriously, I do not understand it. Why are our players so fragile? Every year we get 5 games into the season
and players have serious injuries. I played baseball at UT for four years and we had one injury that kept a guy out for about 20 games. That was IT
in four years. Our softball players have four injuries in one year. Bizarre. Is there a more injury prone team that UT? I can't imagine.

What is the deal with the injuries every year? Seriously, I do not understand it. Why are our players so fragile? Every year we get 5 games into the season
and players have serious injuries. I played baseball at UT for four years and we had one injury that kept a guy out for about 20 games. That was IT
in four years. Our softball players have four injuries in one year. Bizarre. Is there a more injury prone team that UT? I can't imagine.
..you really don’t get it, do you? These are student athletes. Give it a break.

Looks like all we got today is audio and game stats no video. Would be a game I'd like to see but no one is carrying it not even Flo. Get to watch game two vs USF

Last edited:
Reactions: kregman
Shout out to Tennessee video coordinator Hunter King, who will be filling in on the audio broadcasts this weekend. I’m still on basketball duty and we had a couple of illnesses pop up on the Vol Network depth chart, so Hunter stepped up so we could give fans something this weekend, in addition to his normal duties preparing the scouting and coaches video for the team.

I will add the Lady Vols to my prayer list. It is a shame with technology and financial support being what it is that we can't find anyone willing to video our games. Having said that, it is way better than when I was at UT in the 70s/80s. GBO. Get well soon to all the injured. Don't forget the men's baseball game today with Dayton. Raining here and suppose to rain all weekend so there is that.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
..you really don’t get it, do you? These are student athletes. Give it a break.

I was a student athlete, Ace. Were you? I knew and now know MANY student athletes. The UT softball team has a bizarre
number of injuries every year--many before the season is 10 games old. Thanks for playing....oh, that's right, you didn't.

I was a student athlete, Ace. Were you? I knew and now know MANY student athletes. The UT softball team has a bizarre
number of injuries every year--many before the season is 10 games old. Thanks for playing....oh, that's right, you didn't.
. Vol fans going at each other? Smh. I played for UT, got my BS, and MS. I bleed ORANGE. Please chill with the fratricide. Save that angst for SEC motor mouths.

I will add the Lady Vols to my prayer list. It is a shame with technology and financial support being what it is that we can't find anyone willing to video our games. Having said that, it is way better than when I was at UT in the 70s/80s. GBO. Get well soon to all the injured. Don't forget the men's baseball game today with Dayton. Raining here and suppose to rain all weekend so there is that.

Doesn't have anything to do with technology or financial support. The TV/video rights belong to the home site. So Tennessee is only allowed to provide video coverage of games that happen on its own campus.

Doesn't have anything to do with technology or financial support. The TV/video rights belong to the home site. So Tennessee is only allowed to provide video coverage of games that happen on its own campus.
"So Tennessee is only allowed to provide video coverage of games that happen on its own campus". So if we offered Mich State/UCF and million bucks to allow UT to broadcast video of game today? C'mon people...think out of the box. Anyone that says money doesn't matter in televised sporting events needs to ask for their money back from whatever school they attended. And you seem to know for a fact the technology is not an issue? Your credentials please.

VN Store

Back