Tennessee Softball 2023

"So Tennessee is only allowed to provide video coverage of games that happen on its own campus". So if we offered Mich State/UCF and million bucks to allow UT to broadcast video of game today? C'mon people...think out of the box. Anyone that says money doesn't matter in televised sporting events needs to ask for their money back from whatever school they attended. And you seem to know for a fact the technology is not an issue? Your credentials please.
…errr. He’s a broadcaster for LV network. 😉

…errr. He’s a broadcaster for LV network.

Shoe still fits. Two things I learned at UT and follow on career managing multi-million dollar programs, never, ever, say money is a reason to stop progress and second, never underestimate the importance of technology. The two go hand in hand. If we are saying we do not have enough money to pay someone for the rights to broadcast, then that is a fair statement and we should push them to provide a figure. I like to get things done and rarely will take someone throwing their hands up as a reason not to "get er done". UT, the SEC, and the NCAA should work together to make home and away games for any athletic sport and other University, state and federally funded, funded school activities (think conferences and presentations) done. Need to figure out the who, what, when, where, and why's required to broadcast all, including women's, sports. Go Vols!

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Shoe still fits. Two things I learned at UT and follow on career managing multi-million dollar programs, never, ever, say money is a reason to stop progress and second, never underestimate the importance of technology. The two go hand in hand. If we are saying we do not have enough money to pay someone for the rights to broadcast, then that is a fair statement and we should push them to provide a figure. I like to get things done and rarely will take someone throwing their hands up as a reason not to "get er done". UT, the SEC, and the NCAA should work together to make home and away games for any athletic sport and other University, state and federally funded, funded school activities (think conferences and presentations) done. Need to figure out the who, what, when, where, and why's required to broadcast all, including women's, sports. Go Vols!
It does bring the question of Flosports. They apparently pay for those broadcast rights.

"So Tennessee is only allowed to provide video coverage of games that happen on its own campus". So if we offered Mich State/UCF and million bucks to allow UT to broadcast video of game today? C'mon people...think out of the box. Anyone that says money doesn't matter in televised sporting events needs to ask for their money back from whatever school they attended. And you seem to know for a fact the technology is not an issue? Your credentials please.

I'm the broadcaster for Tennessee.

It does bring the question of Flosports. They apparently pay for those broadcast rights.

They pay for the rights to certain tournaments, all of them at neutral sites.

USF is hosting this tournament. USF is a member of the American Athletic Conference. Their video rights are held by ESPN and ESPN+. However, the costs of productions of ESPN+ broadcasts are covered by each school in the AAC (same as the SEC with SECN+) and they only produce games involving the host school. I'm not aware of any school that is providing SECN+ or ESPN+ coverage of games that don't involve the home school.

Tennessee has invested in making sure there is audio coverage of every baseball and softball game that is technically possible to air. We are one of less than 5 schools in the country that has made that investment and I'm proud that investment has continued for the games I have to miss during basketball season. .

They pay for the rights to certain tournaments, all of them at neutral sites.

USF is hosting this tournament. USF is a member of the American Athletic Conference. Their video rights are held by ESPN and ESPN+. However, the costs of productions of ESPN+ broadcasts are covered by each school in the AAC (same as the SEC with SECN+) and they only produce games involving the host school. I'm not aware of any school that is providing SECN+ or ESPN+ coverage of games that don't involve the home school.

Tennessee has invested in making sure there is audio coverage of every baseball and softball game that is technically possible to air. We are one of less than 5 schools in the country that has made that investment and I'm proud that investment has continued for the games I have to miss during basketball season. .

Thank you for your service to the many Vol sports fans. I wish my dad were here to enjoy all the games. I live by the motto "where there is a will there is a way". If I win the Mega Millions you are the first person I will get in touch with. If for no other reason that to allow family of sports athletes far away at their home the chance to gather around the TV/Tube and watch their family member play ball...we need to figure out how to do this. It is the right thing to do. Maybe get Peyton and others who are not always about the money to get involved. Again, I appreciate what you do and it is a huge improvement!

VN Store

Back