Texas police confirm shooting at Arlington high school

You have wisdom beyond your years
Are you being sarcastic or do you agree? Because he’s right. When I was a kid we could be beating the living piss out of each other one minute and splitting a Coke or having a beer in later years five minutes later. When two guys decide to throw hands with each other there is no valid reason for the loser to reserve the right to blow people away.

Depends on how/where he got the gun
It does not. He’s 18. Possession of a handgun is illegal in Texas.

Edit: possession of a handgun isn’t illegal by an 18 year old but a FFL dealer cannot legally sell to an 18 year old.

Edit edit: nope I was more right the first time. Possession isn’t illegal by an 18 year old but concealed carry is.

Last edited:
Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Are you being sarcastic or do you agree? Because he’s right. When I was a kid we could be beating the living piss out of each other one minute and splitting a Coke or having a beer in later years five minutes later. When two guys decide to throw hands with each other there is no valid reason for the loser to reserve the right to blow people away.
Right. When we were kids. How old are you?

Yep. Give me the freedom and I’ll gladly keep myself and my family safe.
I had this debate with a fellow ex mil coworker years ago in Houston, He argued that one chance and I have contemplated that for years and come to the resolution that in the current structure there is not. I would be pleased to have my mind changed again.

Yes, and a deterrence against violence by the baby boomers with their children

You’re kidding right? As a tail end boomer, friends my age yanked knots in their kids when they earned it just like we were all raised and my kids will swear they were raised by a drill sergeant... with a wicked swat when necessary.

You’re kidding right? As a tail end boomer, friends my age yanked knots in their kids when they earned it just like we were all raised and my kids will swear they were raised by a drill sergeant... with a wicked swat when necessary.
No, I'm not kidding.

Weird flex but okay.

Have we determined that the shooting happened on the same day as the fight? I heard some on the Twitters suggesting the fight may have been the previous day. If so, that seems like a big check in the pre-meditation category.

Have we determined that the shooting happened on the same day as the fight? I heard some on the Twitters suggesting the fight may have been the previous day. If so, that seems like a big check in the pre-meditation category.

The latest things I've seen reference some variation of "during the fight". That doesn't preclude a previous incident being a factor.

maybe this type of stuff?

Prosecutors reject charges against 5 suspects in deadly gang-related gunfight in Austin: ‘It’s just like the Wild West’

"But the report also framed the state’s attorney’s office’s decision to decline charges in a different light: “Mutual combatants was cited as the reason for the rejection.” Mutual combat is a legal term used to define a fight or struggle that two parties willingly engage in."

"Last week, Cook County prosecutors came under fire after reportedly making a similar argument after a teenager was stabbed to death during a fight in Schaumburg. The family of the victim, 18-year-old Manuel Porties Jr., later told WGN that prosecutors specifically said they weren’t charging the 17-year-old suspect with murder because the fatal fight amounted to mutual combat."

The law (in Chicago) is telling kids that if you use weapons in a fight there's no legal consequence.

Its deeper than that, there is no truth anymore. Your truth is your truth, so if you think its fine to kill someone, then it's your truth.

maybe this type of stuff?

Prosecutors reject charges against 5 suspects in deadly gang-related gunfight in Austin: ‘It’s just like the Wild West’

"But the report also framed the state’s attorney’s office’s decision to decline charges in a different light: “Mutual combatants was cited as the reason for the rejection.” Mutual combat is a legal term used to define a fight or struggle that two parties willingly engage in."

"Last week, Cook County prosecutors came under fire after reportedly making a similar argument after a teenager was stabbed to death during a fight in Schaumburg. The family of the victim, 18-year-old Manuel Porties Jr., later told WGN that prosecutors specifically said they weren’t charging the 17-year-old suspect with murder because the fatal fight amounted to mutual combat."

The law (in Chicago) is telling kids that if you use weapons in a fight there's no legal consequence.

So, dueling has been established as legal?

Three 11-year-olds are cuffed and PERP WALKED after 'plotting to start a fire to Kill ''rude people'' at their school' after classmates overheard their plan and one was found with a lighter

• Omnia Mahgoub, Tristan Carrasquillo and Isabella Brainard were arrested Monday and are facing charges of conspiring to commit a first-degree felony
  • 'The plan was for the whole second floor the burn and the rude people would die in the fire,' Mahgoub, 11, confessed in a written statement Monday
Three 11-year-old children were arrested for scheming to burn down their Florida middle school so that 'rude people would die in the fire,' one of the pre-teen perpetrators told police.

Investigators say that the kids even decided amongst themselves who would live and who would die during a premeditated plot.

Mahgoub and her two accomplices, Tristan Carrasquillo, and Isabella Brainard, also 11, were handcuffed and frog-marched out of the Fort Myers school and into police custody after their plot came apart once a group of students snitched on the potential fire-starters after overhearing their plan.

48879425-10068685-image-a-18_1633613947276.jpg

Omnia Mahgoub, 11, told police Monday 'The plan was for the whole second floor the burn and the rude people would die in the fire'

48879427-10068685-image-m-22_1633613985839.jpg

48879429-10068685-image-m-24_1633614027435.jpg

One student told school staffers that he had overheard the three talking about their alleged plan, and saw Mahgoub brandish a grill lighter from her backpack.

During the subsequent investigation, it was found that the three suspects were allegedly planning on setting a second-floor girls' bathroom ablaze while school was in session.

One witness told investigators that Mahgoub threatened to light her on fire as well, if she told school staff about the scheme.

Another student told investigators that he heard Mahgoub say she was going to run downstairs and pretend to cry while reporting the fire.

Three 11 year-olds arrested for plotting to set Florida school on fire | Daily Mail Online

VN Store

Back