Thankful for honest Vol fans about Hunter

hillccs

Firstly Hunter may do very well, but remember back right before the season when Hunter was the #1 receiver by all the experts. As the season started many Vol fans were honest and not ripping Hunter, but saying he is not the best on the team. While others were unbelievable angry at those fans for just calling like we see...making excuses. It did not take long to see that CP put more effort and was just better, the NFL has confirmed this. Again Hunter may do very well, but I think it is good idea to cheer for your team as we do as vol fans, but at the same time it is okay to be critically honest about the players on the team, there is nothing wrong with that. Here is to Hunter doing very well and here is to Vol fans that get it...now let's win the NC next year.:)

Reactions: 2 people
Hunter will do well in the NFL. Him not giving 100% last season was obvious to a lot of people and cost him greatly in the draft as he is a first round talent. I think he will have a long career though and turn out to be very successful.

Firstly Hunter may do very well, but remember back right before the season when Hunter was the #1 receiver by all the experts. As the season started many Vol fans were honest and not ripping Hunter, but saying he is not the best on the team. While others were unbelievable angry at those fans for just calling like we see...making excuses. It did not take long to see that CP put more effort and was just better, the NFL has confirmed this. Again Hunter may do very well, but I think it is good idea to cheer for your team as we do as vol fans, but at the same time it is okay to be critically honest about the players on the team, there is nothing wrong with that. Here is to Hunter doing very well and here is to Vol fans that get it...now let's win the NC next year.:)

Why wait until next year for the NC? Despite our whines about the QBs, things happen. Here’s the recipe:

1 lb cups of mallard breast
½ lb of gator tongue
3 cups of sea water mixed with 2 tbs red food dye
1 lb de-boned chicken wings
2 tsp of ground tiger claws
3 cups of wimp flour

Simmer the meat products for an hour while stirring slowly. Flash fry and sit aside.
Mix red water with ground claws and flour. Add some last minute nervous wreck.
Pray earnestly for the timer to expire while boiling the mixture on high temperature.
Combine all ingredients and stir briskly. Place in direct contact with the electric heating coils
to shock cook the dish. Add liberal amounts of Texas Pete’s and serve to Urban and watch his eye go buck wide.

Reactions: 4 people
CP is special with the ball in his hands. Hunter was more of a WR. You could argue that Zac Rodgers was the best WR last year.

Reactions: 9 people
It's called being subconsciously tentative after suffering an injury. Hunter isn't the first and won't be the last. To suggest he wasn't trying is ridiculous.

Reactions: 5 people
CP is special with the ball in his hands. Hunter was more of a WR. You could argue that Zac Rodgers was the best WR last year.

You can argue it all you want to but you would still be wrong. :)

Nothing against Zac.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm sorry. I can't sugarcoat this. This thread proves that some fans are just complete morons.

The kid shredded an ACL and was back playing football in 11 months. For a kid to go through the rehab and pain it takes to get back from an ACL and to then get called out for a lack of effort means you're either clueless or you like to treat football players like cattle.

Reactions: 59 people
I'm sorry. I can't sugarcoat this. This thread proves that some fans are just complete morons.

The kid shredded an ACL and was back playing football in 11 months. For a kid to go through the rehab and pain it takes to get back from an ACL and to then get called out for a lack of effort means you're either clueless or you like to treat football players like cattle.

It's not about effort IMO. It's about being tentative, can't blame him for that.

Not only this, but to have over 1000 yards receiving in the SEC after that injury is pretty impressive imo.

It's not about effort IMO. It's about being tentative, can't blame him for that.

Exactly. Sports medicine has advanced so much in the past 20 years that something as catastrophic as an ACL has been relegated to "rub some dirt on it" in some people's minds. If JH was lazy or lacked effort, we would have never heard from him again after the 2011 Florida game.

Agree with GA, and the fact that he still led the team in receiving speaks volumes about his work ethic to get back. If you can't see that, then you need some serious help.

Agree with GA, and the fact that he still led the team in receiving speaks volumes about his work ethic to get back. If you can't see that, then you need some serious help.

It's not like Bray didn't feed him the most balls in which many he dropped or quickly went to the ground. But let's not focus on the past and let's support each in his future endeavors. Hunter is still a Baller.

If your blind to him catching the ball and turning around and seeing defenders coming, then diving to the ground, then who is the morons....sure he had over a 1000 yds...but maybe some RAC would have gotten him closer to 1500 yds and mayb another TD or two...it was obvious he was protecting his draft stock and not going all out for the team....I still support him and hope he does great but he did mail it in alot....also he dropped Some very crucial catches at the most inopportune time last yr...

Reactions: 8 people
Cp is probably a better all around athlete than JH. JH is unquestionably the better wr at this point in their careers. Drops hurt JH. Whichever team gets him this round is getting an absolute steal.

It's called being subconsciously tentative after suffering an injury. Hunter isn't the first and won't be the last. To suggest he wasn't trying is ridiculous.

some people have no idea the mental hurdles it takes coming off a torn acl and will rip players anyway

Right on Ga. Some people just can't comprehend going though that type of injury and have the possibility of missing out on a multi-million dollar contract.

If your blind to him catching the ball and turning around and seeing defenders coming, then diving to the ground, then who is the morons....sure he had over a 1000 yds...but maybe some RAC would have gotten him closer to 1500 yds and mayb another TD or two...it was obvious he was protecting his draft stock and not going all out for the team....I still support him and hope he does great but he did mail it in alot....also he dropped Some very crucial catches at the most inopportune time last yr...

who again is the moron?

Hunter post injury reminded me of Alvin Harper post injury. Still really good but mentally he lost his fearlessness and edge. Usually takes a year to get back mentally so it'll be interesting to see how he goes from here.

Another good example of how tough the mental recovery is Derrick Rose and he plays a far less violent sport.

Reactions: 1 person
Hunter post injury reminded me of Alvin Harper post injury. Still really good but mentally he lost his fearlessness and edge. Usually takes a year to get back mentally so it'll be interesting to see how he goes from here.

Another good example of how tough the mental recovery is Derrick Rose and he plays a far less violent sport.

I tore mine twice. It's awhile before you can get back out and play with instincts instead of worrying about landing wrong or turning wrong because you know a second one means you are probably done at a high level of comp. Scar tissue pops and scares you to death. Any time spent with concern about the knee takes away from how you play ball.

who again is the moron?

I agree that a lot of times he appeared to mail it in and just fall down a lot of times. Put yourself in the kids situation however. Can you blame him. As an athlete, an injury of that magnitude is a pretty big deal. He had a lot to loose if he were to sufer another injury like this.

Gavol hit the nail on the head.

The other thing is that some of you have an image in your head that he should be randy moss.

VN Store

Back