That's racist!

Woke Medicine Comes to New York City

How nonprofits installed an Activist at a top health department post

GettyImages-1291461889-1_736x514-736x514.jpg

A pair of doctors at Brigham and Women's Hospital last month outlined a pilot program that, they said, would offer "preferential care" to patients of color. The proposal, published in Boston Review, accuses hospitals across the country of practicing "medical apartheid"—something they said must be addressed through "race-explicit interventions."

Those interventions may violate civil rights laws, and Brigham and Women's Hospital assured the Washington Free Beacon that they are "not currently underway at the hospital." That hasn't stopped one of its authors, Dr. Michelle Morse, from moving on up: She is now the chief medical officer of New York City.

In her new post, Morse will wield enormous influence over New York's hospital system, and she has promised to use it to "advance health equity." Part of her job will be serving as a liaison between the health department and local medical centers, including three she singled out as examples of "apartheid": Montefiore, New York-Presbyterian, and Mount Sinai. She was also named the deputy commissioner for the Center for Health Equity and Community Wellness, a division within the New York City health department.

Woke Medicine Comes to New York City - Washington Free Beacon

Reactions: Boca Vol
I started taking advanced math in 7th grade here in Virginia. And advanced classes in general in elementary school. The middle and high school I went to were not great outside of those advanced and AP classes. If I had been stuck entirely in low-level, essentially remedial classes, the boredom would have killed me. The handful of non-advanced classes I did take to fill my schedule were brutal. I am not sure how I would've ended up with an additional four years or more of that crap.

It's not inequality to seek a challenge.

I started taking advanced math in 7th grade here in Virginia. And advanced classes in general in elementary school. The middle and high school I went to were not great outside of those advanced and AP classes. If I had been stuck entirely in low-level, essentially remedial classes, the boredom would have killed me. The handful of non-advanced classes I did take to fill my schedule were brutal. I am not sure how I would've ended up with an additional four years or more of that crap.

We had a similar option and chose a similar path with our son. After middle school, he was allowed to choose either the Christian school where his sister attended or the local mega high school with one provision. He was only allowed to take AP and Honors classes. The school essentially has a school within the school for that curricula. He stayed out of "general population" and did great. He is enrolled in Tn Tech for the autumn and hope to dual major in Chemistry and Chemical Engineering.

ETA; at the ceremony where the school honored the top 25 from the senior class, there were white, black, indian, asian, and hispanic kids in that group. Male and female represented with a slight advantage to females.

We had a similar option and chose a similar path with our son. After middle school, he was allowed to choose either the Christian school where his sister attended or the local mega high school with one provision. He was only allowed to take AP and Honors classes. The school essentially has a school within the school for that curricula. He stayed out of "general population" and did great. He is enrolled in Tn Tech for the autumn and hope to dual major in Chemistry and Chemical Engineering.

ETA; at the ceremony where the school honored the top 25 from the senior class, there were white, black, indian, asian, and hispanic kids in that group. Male and female represented with a slight advantage to females.

I effectively got the same thing. I was with the same 20 kids or so from basically 7th grade on. It was probably the most "equal" hierarchy I've ever been part of, even though it was a mix of athletes, popular kids, band kids, rich kids and poor kids, etc.

Of my senior class, only about 17% went to post-HS education of any type, and most of that number was made up of us in those classes.

Reactions: AM64 and McDad

They allowed us to start the AP courses in 8th grade since our HS was 6-12.

Reactions: AM64 and ButchPlz

Chem E is brutal from what I hear. Good luck to your boy.

Chem E is brutal from what I hear. Good luck to your boy.
Thanks. We've been trying to prep him. Schoolwork, academics is essentially an afterthought for him. So, we are a bit concerned college will be a rude awakening for him.

Reactions: AM64
Thanks. We've been trying to prep him. Schoolwork, academics is essentially an afterthought for him. So, we are a bit concerned college will be a rude awakening for him.

Our son started out in Chem E switched to industrial/manufacturing engineering after his freshman year.

99% of White people are not going to go to "George Floyd Square" in Minneapolis....no big deal. Glad to see blacks getting on board with segregation and defining people by race! Its been a long road but we've finally got them on board!

That being said, I bet his family is proud of his sacrifice ..right Nancy? LOL.

They are thanking George while fanning their faces with Benjamins.

giphy.gif

Reactions: AM64

VN Store

Back