The 2024 MLB Draft - Discussion Thread

TheMookieMonster

I figured since the off-season is in full swing and the draft is right around the corner and perhaps the most Vol and Vol signees to ever be drafted, we should have a place to discuss in the coming weeks.

Here is the latest MLB mock draft. And peep that pick for Boston 😎

What is the deal with all the talk of JJ Wetherholt going #1? Condon and Jac Cag just seem like generational players to me.

What is the deal with all the talk of JJ Wetherholt going #1? Condon and Jac Cag just seem like generational players to me.
As a Guardians fan, I'll explain. Cleveland is a poverty franchise. Explanation over (Yes we are having a phenomenal season so far. Doesn't change that ownership is pathetic).

As a Guardians fan, I'll explain. Cleveland is a poverty franchise. Explanation over (Yes we are having a phenomenal season so far. Doesn't change that ownership is pathetic).
I actually went to a game in Cleveland this past Sunday. That stadium imo needs some work, it’s not bad necessarily it’s just….bland? Not the worst I’ve been to however, that belongs to the Rays

Is Causey coming back? I hope so. I think he’s got fantastic potential. I love the slurve and changeup

Teams at top use to drafting early are going to draft MLB ready players in College. Teams like the Braves and Dodgers amongst other that pick later in first still would rather have the 16 or 17 year old high school pitcher and develop them in farm system.

Good teams are in no rush for players to develop.

Last edited:
Was glancing at the MLB.com draft rankings and man I did not realize how many high school kids Tony had committed who are top 150 draft prospects. If we get them to campus, we’re gonna have an incredible freshman class. I encourage you to check it out.

Was glancing at the MLB.com draft rankings and man I did not realize how many high school kids Tony had committed who are top 150 draft prospects. If we get them to campus, we’re gonna have an incredible freshman class. I encourage you to check it out.
Tennessee signees at 84, 95, 110, 122, 149, and 154.

Moore at 25
Amick at 26
Beam at 63
Burke at 64
Tears at 65
Dreiling at 72

Moore at 25
Amick at 26
Beam at 63
Burke at 64
Tears at 65
Dreiling at 72

Tears isn't in the stratosphere as Dreiling as far as hitting goes. Tears has many holes that big leaguers will expose, but his defense and arm is elite.

Moore at 25
Amick at 26
Beam at 63
Burke at 64
Tears at 65
Dreiling at 72

I listened to the MLB pipeline podcast yesterday and they are projecting that Moore goes first round, Amick in between first and second round with comp picks, and Beam, Burke, Tears and Drieling all in second round. The draft shows where you are as a program and if you have 6 guys go in the first round two rounds sends a statement. Just look at our football program which I believe is on the rise last NFL draft Jaylen Wright was first Vol taken and it was in the third round.

Moore at 25
Amick at 26
Beam at 63
Burke at 64
Tears at 65
Dreiling at 72

They have updated prospect list to 250 Causey is 242.

Signees

96 Kuhns

108 Siebert

122 Abernathy

149 Marin

155 Snyder

VN Store

Back