The 2024 MLB Draft - Discussion Thread

I figured since the off-season is in full swing and the draft is right around the corner and perhaps the most Vol and Vol signees to ever be drafted, we should have a place to discuss in the coming weeks.

Here is the latest MLB mock draft. And peep that pick for Boston 😎

I would like to see my Braves draft Dreiling or Moore because Acuna has had serious ACL injuries and i doubt if he will be the same player in 2025 and beyond.

I strongly disagree with that. Their splits are nearly identical over an almost identical sample size. I think the recency bias is getting to you.
I actually agree with him. Dreiling has a better innate ability to put the bat on the ball. DD has high end ceiling as a hitter, whereas I think Tears’ ceiling is a little lower as a hitter. Tears does have more natural power, though.

I actually agree with him. Dreiling has a better innate ability to put the bat on the ball. DD has high end ceiling as a hitter, whereas I think Tears’ ceiling is a little lower as a hitter. Tears does have more natural power, though.
I agree with what you’re saying 100%. Dreiling probably is a better pure hitter, whereas Tears is a better all around player. It was the comment “Tears isn't in the stratosphere as Dreiling as far as hitting goes.” that I had a problem with. That’s absolutely insane to say.

I agree with what you’re saying 100%. Dreiling probably is a better pure hitter, whereas Tears is a better all around player. It was the comment “Tears isn't in the stratosphere as Dreiling as far as hitting goes.” that I had a problem with. That’s absolutely insane to say.
I think it’s fair to say Dreiling probably has the higher floor but Tears has the higher ceiling if he reaches his potential

I think it’s fair to say Dreiling probably has the higher floor but Tears has the higher ceiling if he reaches his potential
I absolutely agree. Dreiling’s bat is phenomenal but Tears is a plus hitter, plus fielder, and has a plus arm.

Yes, and so is KT. People gloss over the fact that KT drove in the winning run because of the Ensley slide.
UT was up 4 runs when he got that hit. The fact that it ended up being the winning run is the result of UT giving up 4 runs the next inning, not especially clutch hitting. Comparing that to all the times DD got a big hit when UT was tied or behind or needed a 2 out hit with runners on…they’re not the same thing. DD was the most clutch hitter on the team. Easily.

UT was up 4 runs when he got that hit. The fact that it ended up being the winning run is the result of UT giving up 4 runs the next inning, not especially clutch hitting. Comparing that to all the times DD got a big hit when UT was tied or behind or needed a 2 out hit with runners on…they’re not the same thing. DD was the most clutch hitter on the team. Easily.
I’m not comparing the two. I’m simply stating that KT is clutch too. Adding onto the lead at that point was crucial. The season is also a heck of a lot longer than a single 3 game series. There seems to be a lot recency bias. KT is and has been a more toolsy player and a better overall player. That’s why he is higher rated and is projected to go before Dreiling in the MLB draft.

I’m not comparing the two. I’m simply stating that KT is clutch too. Adding onto the lead at that point was crucial. The season is also a heck of a lot longer than a single 3 game series. There seems to be a lot recency bias. KT is and has been a more toolsy player and a better overall player. That’s why he is higher rated and is projected to go before Dreiling in the MLB draft.
I'm with you on all of that. But I disagree with the scouting grades on Dreilings hitting. I think there's another level in his bat. Also they are very tight in projections either could go before or after each other. But they're both awesome, go Vols!

I'm with you on all of that. But I disagree with the scouting grades on Dreilings hitting. I think there's another level in his bat. Also they are very tight in projections either could go before or after each other. But they're both awesome, go Vols!
I still recognize that dreiling’s bat is probably better. KT and DD are both graded a 50 bat, but I think DD arguably has a 55 bat. KT has a 55 Power compared to 50 Power for DD. Again, I think they could’ve given DD a 55 power grade.

I still recognize that dreiling’s bat is probably better. KT and DD are both graded a 50 bat, but I think DD arguably has a 55 bat. KT has a 55 Power compared to 50 Power for DD. Again, I think they could’ve given DD a 55 power grade.
Yeah but you are saying KT is clutch. I am not as sure about that. I am a huge KT fan. It also doesn't mean he is choker. Really he is just in the middle.

That is true but I doubt that Anthopoulos gives him a contract extension unless he proves that he can stay healthy.
AA bets on sooner for a discount. Anything less than $50 a year gets signed tomorrow imo. And he won’t wait until the team options in ‘27 and ‘28.

VN Store

Back