The Atlanta Braves Thread (Terry Pendleton Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree completely with first sentence. Second sentence..

START HIM AT CATCHER

McCann wasn't hitting, got hurt, missed a week leading up to the long layoff before the playoffs, and you think he's just gonna jump in the saddle roaring? And even so, now that he clearly is still not hitting, bench him.

Agree. Better option. With the right, start Jordan. He can bunt, walk, etc.

Elliot Johnson- not good enough for the Royals

Freddy Garcia- not good enough for the Orioles

Yet both are good enough to start in the postseason for the Braves.

Elliot Johnson- not good enough for the Royals

Freddy Garcia- not good enough for the Orioles

Yet both are good enough to start in the postseason for the Braves.
Constanza over Heyward, Constanza ever, Livan Hernandez, Kameron Loe. The list goes on

I don't disagree, and I like Wren for the record. But man this organization has to see that Fredi is a dolt, right?

If not, then we are in big trouble.

There are a few problems.

1) Despite the fact that we all know Fredi sucks, the Braves are a results over process organization. They don't care that Fredi, with his dumb in game managing, costs his team five games a year. They see all the adversity the Braves overcome and think he gives them an extra five games because of his "rallying ability" or whatever, despite the fact we've seen different.

2) The ownership sees the fact Atlanta has won 90 games for three plus years, the fact the Braves crowds are getting bigger, and they are perfectly happy with that. They are in the money business, not the winning business. Why fire a manager, pay his buyout, and then pay a new manager when we've made the playoffs two straight years and just won the East handily?

3) You can make easy excuses for Fredi. In 2011, he lost his two best starting pitchers. In 2012, a bad call flipped the game around. In 2013, he only had three decent starting pitching with B.J. Upton and Dan Uggla playing like **** this season. An outsider who doesn't follow this team every day like us, they see these facts and say "Damn, Fredi can really rally his guys despite adversity!" and people will question why you fire. Take 2011. Why did Terry Francona get fired? Not because the organization strictly wanted him gone, but the fanbase demanded change. Atlanta, despite its improvements as a sports town, isn't going to demand change with three straight 90+ win seasons on his belt.

4) He's a good friend of Bobby Cox and a Bobby Cox disciple. It doesn't like it should factor, but Bobby still works in the organization and has a powerful voice whenever he speaks. How do I know this? He's Bobby Cox. You heard Bobby during game one. He's been "great" and what not. I think that plays a part.

5) This organization isn't modern thinking. Fredi manages old school. The organization is old school. We saw in the broadcast booth two weeks ago when poor Tom Hart brought up a couple commonly accepted modern stats and Joe/Chip ripped him a new one. That's not just Joe/Chip being uneducated *******s. That's an organizational thinking. The Braves don't realize how a modern bullpen should operate, that defense is more important in the playoffs, or how platoons are really helpful. It sucks, but they see Fredi and he's just being an old school guy going with his gut. WHAT BALLS! When in actuality, that's an idiotic way of thinking.

Anyways, the short version. The organization is short-sighted and Fredi Gonzalez will be the manager for the Atlanta Braves for a long time.

Reactions: 1 person
"Talk bad about the A-town, I'll bust you in your ****in mouth."- Andre 3000

I dunno why it won't let me change my photo. Verc, can you make this my avi?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 30
I know we are pretty much in full baseball mode around here today but I'm really not happy about the fact that the USC game, my one game I'll get to attend this year, is going to be a noon kickoff. I was already just assuming we were going to get one of the two ESPN night games.

I know we are pretty much in full baseball mode around here today but I'm really not happy about the fact that the USC game, my one game I'll get to attend this year, is going to be a noon kickoff. I was already just assuming we were going to get one of the two ESPN night games.

Actually thought about that when I saw the time. Brutal break man

I can't believe Vandy vs. UGA got the cbs game

I'm assuming they're going to ride them and the "is this the year that Richt finally gets it done?" angle for as long as they can/

Probably right, I just don't see anybody outside of UGA fans and the 4 Vandy fans having any interest in that game

Actually thought about that when I saw the time. Brutal break man

Yeah, pretty pissed off about it right now. What's even worse is the fact that, if it weren't for a friends wedding this weekend, I would have been in the building on Saturday. Granted it would have been a brutal thing to experience at the end but that would have been one hell of game to get to see live and in person.

Garcia didn't pitch too bad in his starts in September did he? For some reason I never got to watch the games he started..

I'm pissed. I'm probably gonna miss it.

Freddy Garcia is a flyball pitcher. 37.3% flyball rate since 2002.

But Gattis will still start in left.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back