The Atlanta Braves Thread (Terry Pendleton Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had to create some non-profit organization in class. I made a concussion awareness joint. Killed Roger Goodell so concussions would remain in the NFL and I could make more money. Chick gave me a zero. She said I was a thug. She ain't about that Walter White life.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
At least you got to experience it

This.

I can remember the Vols back to 01 and I remember going to Turner with my dad a lot during the same time frame. I used to always throw a fit when Maddux didn't pitch. I didn't understand the concept of a pitching rotation or a bullpen. I guess at 5 years old I had the same amount of baseball knowledge as Fredi.

Braves just couldn't put it together after August. They faltered and it showed in the playoff against the Dodgers. The pitching and hitting just wasn't there. What do the Braves need for stretch runs for next September and October.
They had the division more or less clinched in August.

Braves just couldn't put it together after August. They faltered and it showed in the playoff against the Dodgers. The pitching and hitting just wasn't there. What do the Braves need for stretch runs for next September and October.
They had the division more or less clinched in August.

A legitimate ace (think David Price or Kershaw), no major holes in the lineup (what to do with BJ/Uggla???), another year of development by the talented youngsters, and a fiery guy who has tasted postseason success to rally the troops.

Unfair to chalk that up to organizational culture. I dare say that 90% of MLB managers run their bullpen that way. It's not really right, but it's the way things are.

The ironic thing is that the most famous HR the Braves ever gave up in World Series play was when Bobby Cox brought in his closer to face Jim Leyritz in the 6th inning of game 4 in 1996.

The Leyritz homer was in the 8th. Bobby was going for the two-inning save that time, and that didn't work either.

This is when it's fun when you have extra WRs in fantasy though, those Julio owners are freaking out right now.. If you have an extra WR or two, I would encourage you to go at the Julio owner with a CRAZY trade

Jay Glazer reporting Julio out for the year with a foot injury.

Really sorry guys

damn.

(Rips clothing, rubs dirt and ashes all over myself, weeps uncontrollably)

I swear to all holy things this thread is the best sports related thing in my life right now.

just wanted to pile on and say not having Kimbrel in the 8th is soooo fredi. blows my mind watching that series just how bad MLB managers are.

It's ridiculous, conventional managing is out the door in the playoffs. (Not that Fredi has any conventional managing skills) If you lose, you lose with your best damn guy in the mound. Not Dan f'ing Carpenter. It's 6 outs. That could be as little as 15-25 pitches.

I'm still dejected. Co-workers even said that I looked like someone kicked my dog. Sports have become more harmful for me than good. I don't expect to win everything or that often, but the manner in which our teams have been losing has just taken it out of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back